Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Those where aired back in Feb 2022

I am talking about the movie that is scheduled for Feb 2023. I am not sure how it's having ratings before even opening 

I think they might be rating it because of those last 2 episodes then since they have already seen it..new movie will have last 2 episode plus 1st episode from new season 

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5X20 FILM "Record Of Memories"

Final - ¥5.06B / 1.6M attendees 

ATP - ¥3,162.5

Holy shit that is I think the highest ever ATP I seen for a movie in Japan, also BTW Merry Christmas to everyone! I known it is almost the next day in Japan but I live in North America, but wanted to say those since Japan Box Office is my fave.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Holy shit that is I think the highest ever ATP I seen for a movie in Japan, also BTW Merry Christmas to everyone! I known it is almost the next day in Japan but I live in North America, but wanted to say those since Japan Box Office is my fave.

That's because it's not exactly a movie.

• Like 1

If I was James Cameron I would demand (yes I included the word DEMAND) from Disney to change strategy in the way it distributes their films in Japan.

If you remove Disney animation films the rest are going below expectations. NWH $36.3M and AEG $55.3M seem way too low.

Something has to change like yesterday for them.

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

If I was James Cameron I would demand (yes I included the word DEMAND) from Disney to change strategy in the way it distributes their films in Japan.

If you remove Disney animation films the rest are going below expectations. NWH $36.3M and AEG $55.3M seem way too low.

Neither NWH or AEG are low for superhero films and what exactly would JC demand for them to change? Didn't A2 have the widest release of any non-Japanese film ever in Japan? 

The Change is needed in World-wide basis.

If Japan theatrical exclusive window is extended by 6 months. It should go same for rest of the world.

Or else, if Window is extended in Japan, while it's gonna release in Disney+ then theatres would still drop the film

At the end, Disney+ need to be plugged out of Japan if they can't change theatrical window in World-wide basis 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Neither NWH nor AEG went below expectations? Japan isn't into hollywood supes, changing distributors isn't going to fix that. The only reason spidy even has a leg-up is that it got its foot into the market early decades ago.

32 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Neither NWH or AEG are low for superhero films and what exactly would JC demand for them to change? Didn't A2 have the widest release of any non-Japanese film ever in Japan? 

Mimorin's theater count seemed relatively normal, and the seating count was pretty average for a big release too, so not really sure about widest distributed - at most it got a lot of screens because it had a lot of different formats I guess, but I am pretty skeptical on that report to be entirely honest.

Honestly I'd say Disney should give up their rights to a local distributor (toho probably preferable) to get back on better terms with jp theaters and most importantly to dodge the problem of having to do same-date releases and quick d+ releases (a lot of other publishers already do this anyway). Though I'd say in the grand scheme of things, Disney struggling had a fairly minor role in A2 disappointing here.

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Dom, China and UK all starting to show signs of hope

too late for anything similar to happen in japan?

3rd Weekend will drop by 60-70% due to New Year. If 4th Weekend stay flat with 3rd Weekend or see a increase, may be there could be hope for better total. But, at the end, it would still be a huge huge drop from Original where it's USD or JPY

What I love about the Japanese BO market is that the a lot of the popular stuff in such place is Anime films, and that is what makes it unique. Don't get me wrong but yes Live-Action local films there can still be huge success and according to Eiren there have been some years where they have topped the local box office and for example the highest grossing live action domestic film is Bayside Shakedown 2 at ¥17.35B . Is there any reason why Anime films often make more than local live action movies at Japan BO?

Edited by Psylocke