Their Totals!

¥5.067B / 3.41M admits

¥10.01B / 7.45M admits

¥1.444B / 794K admits 

¥0.210B / 164K admits

One Piece Film Red - ¥18.78B

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psylocke said:

What I love about the Japanese BO market is that the a lot of the popular stuff in such place is Anime films, and that is what makes it unique. Don't get me wrong but yes Live-Action local films there can still be huge success and according to Eiren there have been some years where they have topped the local box office and for example the highest grossing live action domestic film is Bayside Shakedown 2 at ¥17.35B . Is there any reason why Anime films often make more than local live action movies at Japan BO?

I guess because they are better or more interesting 🤷‍♂️

And for people outside Japan is even more evident, million of people watched Your Name but how many Bayside Shakedown? 

Edited by MG10

11 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Nothing has changed.

Still promising ¥4B ($30.5M) which is almost twice of Disney's Post-CoVid-19 record.

I've read someone predicting 5B a few days ago (but I don't remember where), is it possible or he was just crazy? 

3 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I've read someone predicting 5B a few days ago (but I don't remember where), is it possible or he was just crazy? 

Doesn't feel like it has the drops for 5b to me, japan is a never say never kind of market but it seems unlikely imo

Edited by JustLurking

12 hours ago, MG10 said:

I will not say that the person is crazy but somehow I don't think permissible to reach ¥5B. We will only know how things goes after holidays (Ehh, Holidays just keeping it hanging) Worst Case will be Below F9 (¥3.67B) &a bit better one is above FB3 (¥4.60B)

31st Dec/1st Jan had always been crucial for Box Office.

All works took hit yesterday with drop more than 40% (vs Last SAT), excluding RED.

SUN is pretty dead (40-85% Drop from Last SUN) with just Toei's "The First Slam Dunk" having less strain and RED with +60% (vs Last SUN)

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Avatar 18m in Japan,finally surpass Indonesia 

Does it have a chance to end in the top 10 foreign markets? From what I remember Italy is ninth with over 30M but I don't know who is below

Edited by MG10