Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

4 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

just noticed that the demon slayer's box office number on mojo is wrong for 3 years

Is there anybody work for the BOM and remind them to update?

I have no contact with BOM but you can be corrected in NUM if you get Nash connected with Distributor Figures.

The DS compilation/preview film opened presales for the stage greeting (1 show per theater on sat sun) 20 minutes ago and that was enough to cause queues on every chain despite being a really early PS lift. I guess the name is just strong enough to open big/huge no matter what they put on the screen. Full PS should open in a week and a half or so.

2023 New Year Box Office

1. Suzume's Locking-Up - ~¥14.00B
  2. SLAM DUNK - ~¥10.00B
  3. Avatar: The Way Of Water - ~¥4.0B-¥4.5B
  4. Dr. Coto's Clinic - ¥2.4B
  5. Fragments of the Last Will - ¥2.2B
  6. Phases of the Moon - ¥1.3B
  7. Lonely Castle in the Mirror - ~¥1.0B

"~" indicates Forecast/Distributor. 

JC's "Avatar: The Way Of Water" expected to land between $31.18M - $35.07M.

• Like 5

On 1/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Sophia Jane said:

just noticed that the demon slayer's box office number on mojo is wrong for 3 years

Is there anybody work for the BOM and remind them to update?

Some time ago I sent a couple email (within a few months from each other) about a problem with the gross of some re-releases, I found the section with a lot of difficulty but then they never replied

I would have liked to send another one precisely on the fact that many films from China, Japan, South Korea and India have wrong totals but then I give up, anyway this is the page: https://help.imdb.com/contact

*And my email was the following:

Good morning, I'm writing this email to warn the staff of Box Office Mojo that I've noticed a few errors in some of the highest grossing movies of all time due to the incorrect counting (or maybe a simple bug) of some re-releases that took place mostly in 2020 and 2021. In these cases despite earning a few thousands dollars sometimes they are counted as millionaire re-releases and causing the total to be wrong

The main errors I found are Titanic (7 million in the 2017 re-release in Russia), The Lion King of 2019 (5 million in UK), Beauty and the Beast of 2017 (9 million in UK), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (a few million in Brazil, Netherlands and South Korea), The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (5 million in Spain), Bohemian Rhapsody (7 million in UK) and other minor movies

Thank you for your attention, I hope my advice will be useful to solve the problem and improve the site.  Best regards, MG10

From @IMAX Japan (via @IMAX International)

IMAX has generated 20% of the current total Japanese box office for Avatar: The Way of Water and Top Gun: Maverick scored $18M on IMAX screens in Japan, becoming the second highest grossing IMAX title ever in Japan.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train - $27.5M

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Need more capacity. All Major Locations are sold out! Box Office has already reached ¥19.14B as of Friday!

Let's try to clear out Howl's Moving Castle (¥19.60B) &possibly may be ¥20B (though former seems more possible then later!)

More than 60K Tickets sold for Saturday Shows!

Saturday Pre-sales (40% of Nationwide)

1. One Piece: Film Red - 19703 / 23201 (145 shows/178 locs) 2472.1%!!!

Occupancy is almost 100% - 2774 / 2792 (475% in compare to P.W.)

Still, it isn't expected to defeat SLAM DUNK but Toei works will now lead #1 &#2 this weekend!!

• Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

¥80M 25th SAT for One Piece: Film Red. Ranking up by 435% at #2. (in compare to previous week) Total - ¥19.22B

Occupancy is 98%!!!!!! 

On the side-note, RRR is back to Top 10 at No. 9 up by 150% in compare to previous week! Total ~ ¥600M

On 1/20/2023 at 6:55 PM, Borobudur said:

Disney refuses write off Avatar franchise in Japan. 

Admission Privileges

1. ¥500 Discount for University/Vocational Students (01/27 ~2 weeks)

2. Disney+ Subscription for 6 days (Referal Code)

Note - ¥500 Discount doesn't work on Cinema Chain Discount Days. &Yes, additional features like HFR, 3D will be charged separately.