Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It's a bit uneven with some weak locations here and there but overall looks good to me. Some big theaters (i.e. Shinjuku) are almost only playing this in PLF screens. Given the extra day for openings now it should take either #2 or probably #1 on the ghibli openings chart.

• Like 1

Oh this is awesome, thanks @KP1025 and @Issac Newton

I plan on keeping up with How Do You Live? Of course. And my pet movie, Elemental.

I figure I'll see how Elemental compares to the #1 movie of its OW in August. Which I assume will still be Miyazaki's movie.

I still think MIyazaki's movie will top the charts for a long while.

30 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It's a bit uneven with some weak locations here and there but overall looks good to me. Some big theaters (i.e. Shinjuku) are almost only playing this in PLF screens. Given the extra day for openings now it should take either #2 or probably #1 on the ghibli openings chart.

Will probably try T-0 To-night - 

Monday is Holiday (Marine Day) so I am expecting Sunday to hold better (or an increase) - for FSS, how are you looking into?

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Will probably try T-0 To-night - 

Monday is Holiday (Marine Day) so I am expecting Sunday to hold better (or an increase) - for FSS, how are you looking into?

Off the numbers I'm seeing I like your 1.3-1.5b range but it's a bit of a tricky one in terms of how walkups could go so we shall see what happens

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Off the numbers I'm seeing I like your 1.3-1.5b range but it's a bit of a tricky one in terms of how walkups could go so we shall see what happens

Is that just SS or FSS? I'm always confused about which one is used in Japan and on the chart @cannastop posted last page.

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Is that just SS or FSS? I'm always confused about which one is used in Japan and on the chart @cannastop posted last page.

For the Ghibli openings I'm pretty sure all of those are Saturday+Sunday only.

But this new movie will have an OW on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Japan used to have OW as satsun until early this year, now it's FSS, local films usually opened on satsun to begin with back then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

I don’t think so. If SAG is on strike, the SAG members can’t do promo. 

1 hour ago, Felipe said:

Maybe Tom Cruise can go as a producer.

I don't know what is SAG but they have already invited people for red carpet. Tom Cruise will arrive as planned in July 17. And there's no any information that he has cancelled the promo.

Edited by Issac Newton

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I don't know what is SAG but they have already invited people for red carpet. Tom Cruise will arrive as planned in July 17. And there's no any information that he has cancelled the promo.

screen actors guild, all these premiere invites and such went out but now that strike has started actors can't promote their movies unless they wanna get kicked out of the union, no idea if being a producer is an exemption tho

• Like 1