Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Hmm I noticed with The Little Mermaid remake the subtitled shows were popular.

Seems to be happening with Elemental? I see the listings in Toho Shinjuku is half sub half dub. Shibuya is all sub. Nihonbashi is mostly sub. Roppongi Hills is also mostly sub. Is this just for the cinemas in Tokyo, though? I wonder. Kind of weird for all the emphasis the marketing played with the dub voice actors.

As far as I can tell they seem to only be allocating it one screen so there's probably not that much room to split between dub and sub and some theaters gotta pick one. Sub shows should be more limited in rural areas. Transformers gets the most screens of the openers it seems, atleast in cities, shin chan might have more in rurals.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

As far as I can tell they seem to only be allocating it one screen so there's probably not that much room to split between dub and sub and some theaters gotta pick one. Sub shows should be more limited in rural areas. Transformers gets the most screens of the openers it seems, atleast in cities, shin chan might have more in rurals.

I checked some of the locations in Osaka and they were less sub-heavy than Tokyo's for Elemental.

Looks like I might have been wrong about how many seats Transformers would get. I thought Elemental and Crayon Shin-chan would have more seats, but this might not be the case.

also

@Issac Newton

Looks like 109 Cinemas lets customers buy tickets three days in advance. People are already buying tickets for Friday now.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Looks like I might have been wrong about how many seats Transformers would get. I thought Elemental and Crayon Shin-chan would have more seats, but this might not be the case.

also

@Issac Newton

Looks like 109 Cinemas lets customers buy tickets three days in advance. People are already buying tickets for Friday now.

Transformers have PLF Diversity so it's getting more shows and Shin Chan itself is a Toho Distribution so will get more seats on Toho Cinemas - Seating Capacity will obviously change based on demand like we have seen back in Golden Week on how Mario overtook Conan on Seating Capacity after Incredible Performance!

42 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

AEON Cinemas

180,840/93 TC | Kingdom III (587 shows)

134,163/93 TC | Shin Chan 3D (627 shows)

98,656/94 TC | Elemental (598 shows)

87,055/86 TC | Transformer (503 shows)

71,055/94 TC | MI7 (481 shows)

~ Seating Capacity 

Elemental has more seats than Transformers, like I originally thought. Crayon Shin-Chan is apparently a cartoon that appeals to more rural audiences. And AEON is less of a city-center cinema chain.

Overall this signals to me that Elemental will have around 400,000 seats available per day across all cinemas in Japan. Which is really good!

• Like 1

How Do You Live?

Estimated Total Until WED - ¥5.017B

Exceeded ¥5.0B today &Currently, the 4th Highest Grossing Film of the Year, behind Universal/Illumination's "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" (¥13.39B), Toho's "Detective Conan: Black Iron Submarine" (¥13.49B) &Toei's "THE FIRST SLAM DUNK" (¥15.01B)

• Like 1