Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Does anyone know if you're only.allowed to snoop on AEON theater ticket seat sales of your IP is in Japan? Like specific shows? I got blocked from looking at the AEON website 

Geographical Locked I guess. Which locations are you looking into? Can you write down - I will give you a check on those locations.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Does anyone know if you're only.allowed to snoop on AEON theater ticket seat sales of your IP is in Japan? Like specific shows? I got blocked from looking at the AEON website 

You need to be a member.

Anyway, checked a few big toho and movix theaters and they don't look like much to me, I'm assuming this will be a 500M yen opening at best unless something changes.

I'm also not sure that elemental and shin-chan get more seats than transformers? I saw what kanroji posted and maybe it is true for movix but it seems to me transformers has the better screens at toho. Maybe I'm wrong or checked the wrong locations, idk.

I think WOM will make or break Elemental here. In basically every country it has started low and required good legs to get to a respectable gross so it would be a bit unusual if it opened really big in Japan of all places lol. The release window is great so there's potential here but it could pull a spiderverse and struggle to even get 3x for all we know.

Cinema Sunshine

24,964 / 15 TC | Kingdom III (100 shows)

15,395 / 15 TC | Transformers (90 shows)

13,034 / 14 TC | Shin Chan (71 shows)

12,773 / 15 TC | How Do You Live (75 shows)

12,635 / 15 TC | MI7 (72 shows)

9,459 / 15 TC | Elemental (75 shows)

— Seating Capacity 

AEON Cinemas

182,786 / 94 TC | Kingdom III (593 shows)

135,981 / 94 TC | Shin Chan (634 shows)

99,805 / 95 TC | Elemental (605 shows)

88,274 / 87 TC | Transformers (508 shows)

71,838 / 95 TC | MI7 (488 shows)

60,422 / 95 TC | How Do You Live (504 shows

— Seating Capacity 

I am thinking about using "Doraemon" Comps with "Elemental

2019 Doraemon - 35316 FRI | 157910 SAT | 240717 SUN ~ ¥757M 3-Days Start

2020 Doraemon - 65971 FRI | 87355 SAT | 108398 SUN ~ ¥551M 3-Days Start

2022 Doraemon - 23421 FRI | 97303 SAT | 125564 SUN ~ ¥440M 3-Days Start

Doraemon didn't recovered until 2023. But, somehow I omitted because 2023 Doraemon Usual are just for 40% TC not 70% for before for fair Comps.

• Like 2

After looking at the Mimorin Data I think I was off on how many seats Elemental will have in the total scheme of things.

With 162,168 seats from Mimorin and 98,656 Aeon sats for a total of 260,824 tracked seats, I guess that's more like an overall total of 350,000.

Edited by cannastop

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Is Slam Dunk re-expanding for the entire month?

No, TC are quite stable. It hasn't lose any theatres - it's increasing because it will end by August 31. & It's Recently observed that Announcement of Last Screening Date has boosted Numbers incredible - 

Today numbers were boosted by - 

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

Just now, Issac Newton said:

No, TC are quite stable. It hasn't lose any theatres - it's increasing because it will end by August 31. & It's Recently observed that Announcement of Last Screening Date has boosted Numbers incredible - 

Today numbers were boosted by - 

Wow, that's very impressive for it to jump like that with no extra screenings. Maybe the giveaway also happened in SK too, hence the 1-day increase over there.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Wow, that's very impressive for it to jump like that with no extra screenings. Maybe the giveaway also happened in SK too, hence the 1-day increase over there.

You can say that shows were double up but it didn't lose theatres as it's still 369 TC :P

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cannastop said:

After seeing Oppenheimer I think it's an astounding movie but it will never ever get a wide release in Japan. Maybe a specialty screening, if that.

I guess you're probably right, but as I have no idea of the Japanese box office or the overall culture, I'm curious what it is specifically that would push it that way? There's no image of the actual bombings and obviously the ending is quite unambiguous in regards to Nolan's overall mindset vis-a-vis nuclear weapons proliferation and usage. Is there anything that would actually offend or is the very movie being about Oppenheimer enough to ensure it won't ever make money so not worth distributing wide?

18 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I guess you're probably right, but as I have no idea of the Japanese box office or the overall culture, I'm curious what it is specifically that would push it that way? There's no image of the actual bombings and obviously the ending is quite unambiguous in regards to Nolan's overall mindset vis-a-vis nuclear weapons proliferation and usage. Is there anything that would actually offend or is the very movie being about Oppenheimer enough to ensure it won't ever make money so not worth distributing wide?

Did you watch Oppenheimer?

I just have the opinion that some of the movie is callous to the Japanese people of World War II, even if it does depict some guilt and hand-wringing.

Plus the way that Barbie is perceived in its relation to the Oppenheimer movie makes me think that the wide Japanese public is not too interested in the Oppenheimer movie, in seeing it.

Edited by cannastop

Oppenheimer - “I bet the Japanese didn't like it!"

The film doesn't seem to have any actual bombing per Nikkei (Japanese Diaspora). Some dialogues like above may be sensitive for some here. But, even though, I don't see potential here, it's overall recommended by Nikkei except for a few ones.