Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

June 30-July 1

Weekend Estimates

1 (new) The Amazing Spider-Man (Sony) ¥833,500,000 ($10.4 million), 0, Week 1

2 (1) Snow White and the Huntsman (Toho-Towa) ¥203,900,000 ($2.6 million), +3.3%, Week 3

3 (new) Rinjo: The Movie (TOEI) ¥198,300,000 ($2.5 million), 0, Week 1

4 (2) Glow of Fireflies (Toho) ¥157,520,000 ($2 million), +3.7%, Week 4

5 (4) Thermae Romae (Toho) ¥106,800,000 ($1.3 million), +20.2%, Week 10

6 (3) MIB 3 (Toho-Towa) ¥71,800,000 ($900,000), -31.4%, Week 6

7 (new) The Rum Diary (Showgate) ¥47,200,000 ($590,000), 0, Week 1

8 (5) LOVE, Masao-jun Ga Iku (Shochiku) ¥46,400,000 ($580,000), -17.2%, Week 2

9 (10) Girls (Toho) ¥35,100,000 ($440,000), +40.2%, Week 6

10 (7) Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) ¥26,300,000 ($325,000), -33.1%, Week 7

Most excellent weekend! Last weekend was unusually weak, so it does makes sense this one is very strong. Also, it's definitely worth noting that tickets were 40% off at many locations on Sunday which boosted the weekend (especially admissions). This may result in the estimates falling 5-10%, and because of this these are the definition of weekend estimates.

I included the previews from last weekend into The Amazing Spider-Man's estimate. Without previews, estimates have it near ¥600 million ($7.5 million).

Very, very good for Rinjo. TOEI finally has a non-Kamen Rider live-action hit this year.

Crap for The Rum Diary. I should have known it wouldn't do well being released by Showgate, but figured Depp could help it out.

Thermae Romae records it's 10th weekend in the Top 5. I don't have time this morning to check, but I'll provide a list tonight of the last few films to manage this achievement.

That's excluding previews which will be included. And those who saw last weekend's previews would have came out this weekend, so it's still strong.5 billion yen ($60 million+) is reasonable. It's a drop off in yen and admissions from the previous films, but since the dollar is really weak, it may just be enough to outgross it's predecessors in USD.

• Like 1

That's excluding previews which will be included. And those who saw last weekend's previews would have came out this weekend, so it's still strong.5 billion yen ($60 million+) is reasonable. It's a drop off in yen and admissions from the previous films, but since the dollar is really weak, it may just be enough to outgross it's predecessors in USD.

I could live with 55-60 mill

Is that good?

Yes, it's good. Not huge or super impressive, but it will lock up $50 million and possibly $60 million+.

Was´ent previews like 3,4??3,4+7,5= 10,9

The estimate for just the weekend is about $7 million, but they underestimate MIB 3 due to 3D so I raised it to $7.5 million which will be closer.

Yes, it's good. Not huge or super impressive, but it will lock up $50 million and possibly $60 million+.The estimate for just the weekend is about $7 million, but they underestimate MIB 3 due to 3D so I raised it to $7.5 million which will be closer.

Okey.. So official number later tonight should be around 7 mill + previews?

Okey.. So official number later tonight should be around 7 mill + previews?

The official numbers will be out tomorrow morning (20-24 hours from this post) unless it's reported sooner. A local source may report on it, and THR will likely have a number later today, too.

Wait it was only a 2 day opening? Is that normal?

Yeah, Japan has 2-Day weekends.