Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

nevermind. if you read my post you would understand that trends repeat throughout centuries and there are interesting comparisons with jaws as avatar. the only thing that is useless is your opinion. Are you always this argumentative with out cause with your boyfriend?

I'm sorry, I was just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine. Sometimes you insult people when they don't agree with you. Trust me, I don't like to argue, that's not me. And yes I do understand what you mean. Btw, are you thinking that I'm a girl?

Anyway back to Frozen. It looks like it will been moved to smaller screens with fewer seats, that's why they added showtimes to cover the loss of seats. I think there will be a lot of sellouts this weekend. And about Good Friday/Easter, I don't it will have any impact. I mean, Christmas isn't even a public holiday there. It's big for box office only because it coincides with New Year Holiday.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, I was just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine. Sometimes you insult people when they don't agree with you. Trust me, I don't like to argue, that's not me. And yes I do understand what you mean. Btw, are you thinking that I'm a girl?

Anyway back to Frozen. It looks like it will been moved to smaller screens with fewer seats, that's why they added showtimes to cover the loss of seats. I think there will be a lot of sellouts this weekend. And about Good Friday/Easter, I don't it will have any impact. I mean, Christmas isn't even a public holiday there. It's big for box office only because it coincides with New Year Holiday.

Maybe your avatar is too girly for him. :P

I hope Conan ends soon, the story is getting too long.

So conan has 50% more seats nationwide?, but less showtimes. Sounds like frozen is getting some of those seats back for later shows. Does Good Friday/Easter have any impact in Japan?

6In many places even outside Tokyo, Frozen hasmore showtimes but Conan occupies the biggest screensso Conan still has more seats.Besides, TOHo do give Frozen more seats than other cinemas but toho only accounts for 20% of the market.It is funny that some Japanese haters curse TOHOsaying that Toho has betrayed this country.

Maybe your avatar is too girly for him. :P

I hope Conan ends soon, the story is getting too long.

It is a little girly I guess. It's actually a "what if they had known each other since they were kids" drawing of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, from the TV series Sherlock. I thought it's funny so I used it. But it's not the first time. Being mistaken for a girl on a forum, I mean.

And yeah, Conan is getting too long. I thought it would have ended years ago. lol

I'm sorry, I was just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine. Sometimes you insult people when they don't agree with you. Trust me, I don't like to argue, that's not me. And yes I do understand what you mean. Btw, are you thinking that I'm a girl?Anyway back to Frozen. It looks like it will been moved to smaller screens with fewer seats, that's why they added showtimes to cover the loss of seats. I think there will be a lot of sellouts this weekend. And about Good Friday/Easter, I don't it will have any impact. I mean, Christmas isn't even a public holiday there. It's big for box office only because it coincides with New Year Holiday.

Girl? No. Gay? Yes. Come out of the closet already :pAgree with me? Im one of the few that's close to right on this run and im underestimating. I dont mind someone elses opinion if theyre right once in a while. But most are way off base and keep slinging shit. Edited by mfantin65

The unstoppable soundtrack to Disney's "Frozen" continues its run atop the Billboard 200 as it clocks a 10th nonconsecutive week at No. 1. The set sold 133,000 copies in the week ending April 13, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

• Like 2

I don't watch Conan show but I read the manga. It's been 18 years for me. It's still going on and he's still a kid with little indications that he'll revert back anytime soon. They are dragging it out for too long. But I want to know how it'll all end so I still have to keep up with the series, lol.

Agree with me? Im one of the few that's close to right on this run and im underestimating. I dont mind someone elses opinion if theyre right once in a while. But most are way off base and keep slinging shit.

You may be sick of hearing this, but I think I can safely say that most people here (at least on the two Frozen threads) would much rather underpredict by a wide margin and be pleasantly surprised when it does well rather than be disappointed that a movie that they love failed to live up to their bold box office expectations. I would put more stock in a logical analysis of a movie like this if I had no dog in the fight so to speak but as it is I'm fine grossly missing the mark in my Frozen prediction. You have said that you have no personal opinion on the film itself so it would make sense for you to have perhaps the most realistic look at things, and I for one couldn't care less if I "sling shit" and wind up being proven dead wrong in this particular instance beacuse I just want to see Frozen do as well as possible. This is a box office forum but in most cases there are no prizes that go to the closest estimation so for me at least it's more about enjoying the tracking of the movie I like but you clearly strive for the best guess and if that's what you care about then more power to you. Obviously your generous predictions have been much more accurate than most to this point and many Frozenites are perfectly happy to concede :)

Edited by Kingslayer
  • Like 1

You may be sick of hearing this, but I think I can safely say that most people here (at least on the two Frozen threads) would much rather underpredict by a wide margin and be pleasantly surprised when it does well rather than be disappointed that a movie that they love failed to live up to their bold box office expectations. I would put more stock in a logical analysis of a movie like this if I had no dog in the fight so to speak but as it is I'm fine grossly missing the mark in my Frozen prediction. You have said that you have no personal opinion on the film itself so it would make sense for you to have perhaps the most realistic look at things, and I for one couldn't care less if I "sling shit" and wind up being proven dead wrong in this particular instance beacuse I just want to see Frozen do as well as possible. This is a box office forum but in most cases there are no prizes that go to the closest estimation so for me at least it's more about enjoying the tracking of the movie I like but you clearly strive for the best guess and if that's what you care about then more power to you. Obviously your generous predictions have been much more accurate than most to this point and many Frozenites are perfectly happy to concede :)

ty for that commentary. Appreciated. I guess I dont understand the disappointment thing. Falling short of a lofty goal for anything in life is a good thing I thought, except for jumping a canyon on a motorcycle :) you are correct, I just look at the numbers over the decades and countries and like the challenge of getting it right without worries of being short. It is the same with stocks. Think big, aim high, miss small...im a head trader nearly 20 years. Yelling at people and throwing staplers has been my thing for too long. Ill post what I think and refrain from replying.you see wolf of wall street? On new issue day a broker was cleaning his goldfish bowl. Jonah hill swallowed his goldfish and fired him for not having his head in the game. Thats what its like. Tracking BO has always been a calming thing, messing w the numbers, anticipating reports to see how close I am and root for a record to be broken. Until now it was never something I shared or debated. Going on 40years soon. I predicted jaws would beat the excorcist in 75.Lets see this thing break some records. As the weeks roll by, It will be fun to watch it challenge SA. US $ or yen idk. Enjoy the ride not the result! Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 2

I had to join the forum just to make a comment about Conan. In 2013 there were about 400 murder cases in Japan. In Conan's universe, that means that a good chunk of that is happening in the vicinity of Conan and his school friends. The chance of getting murdered in Conan's universe's Japan increases exponentially just by being near Conan. Either that or in Conan's universe, Japanese society has a murder rate as high as Honduras. It's high time for them to end the series. I've stopped reading the manga around episode 40 out of boredom. Hahaha sorry Conan fans. :)

Oh, and I'm so happy that Frozen is becoming such a beast of a movie. I haven't been invested in a movie's success for a long time. I couldn't care less the first time the movie came out - the trailer turned me off badly. I was lucky I had a 6 year old son who borrowed a [pirated - this is Indonesia] DVD from his cousin to watch it at home. The first comment that I made as the end credit rolls was "what the hell did I just watch," and the second one was "Why the **** didn't I watch it at the theater?." Which is the real reason why I've been lurking here for a couple of months or so.

• Like 2

I had to join the forum just to make a comment about Conan. In 2013 there were about 400 murder cases in Japan. In Conan's universe, that means that a good chunk of that is happening in the vicinity of Conan and his school friends. The chance of getting murdered in Conan's universe's Japan increases exponentially just by being near Conan. Either that or in Conan's universe, Japanese society has a murder rate as high as Honduras. It's high time for them to end the series. I've stopped reading the manga around episode 40 out of boredom. Hahaha sorry Conan fans. :)

Ah, the Murder, She Wrote effect. It's a common trope in any ongoing mystery series with a single protagonist. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MysteryMagnet

I do still like Conan, but I haven't read the manga in several years, now. I can't remember why, but I stopped collecting them around volume 35 or so (in English). Probably should look up more of them at the library.

The unstoppable soundtrack to Disney's "Frozen" continues its run atop the Billboard 200 as it clocks a 10th nonconsecutive week at No. 1. The set sold 133,000 copies in the week ending April 13, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Since the start of Nielsen SoundScan service (1991) only 2 soundtracks do better: The Bodyguard (20) and Titanic (16). For animated, Frozen equals The Lion King at n.1
  • Like 1

You've seen Conan ? :blink:

It's crazy, I was like in grade 5 when I first saw the show. And now I have been graduated from college nearly three years. Yet the little tiny Conan is still in grade 2.

Posted Image

Only the first 30 episodes last year,in English,I was curious because I knew it was something quite old and still running.But there are too many episodes and I have other priorities in terms of animes and TV shows.

By the I recently discovered 2 new animes (English subtitles) : Nisekoi and Golden Time,it's really funny :D Try them if you have time :)

It is a little girly I guess. It's actually a "what if they had known each other since they were kids" drawing of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, from the TV series Sherlock. I thought it's funny so I used it. But it's not the first time. Being mistaken for a girl on a forum, I mean.

And yeah, Conan is getting too long. I thought it would have ended years ago. lol

Conan should have ended years ago. The main plot moves very veryyy slow. They are milking the franchise.

Btw, welcome to the forum Ajipon. It's good to see more fellow Indonesian. :lol: