Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Only the first 30 episodes last year,in English,I was curious because I knew it was something quite old and still running.But there are too many episodes and I have other priorities in terms of animes and TV shows.

By the I recently discovered 2 new animes (English subtitles) : Nisekoi and Golden Time,it's really funny :D Try them if you have time :)

You could just try the Conan movies instead of the TV shows, if you want, saving you a lot of time. I, too, have only seen part of the TV series.

I for now dont watch much animes. Only lurk on certain ACG (anime, comic, game) themed sites and watch things randomly. Thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Posted Image

This is uncanny. From the first week to thissat/sun are flatMon discount dont knowtues down 50%Wed down 25%Thu down 70%Maybe first midweek was front loaded a bit. Weekends had many sellouts so there wasn't enough supply, could have been bigger. But the weekdays vary so much. Last week ladies wed was down 20% from the first and the weekend was flat. Wed down just 12% more should bode well for the this weekend. I cant decipher anything from the other weekdays.this could mean demand is near equilibrium with supply on the weekend and less overflow to the midweek. Maybe this where the weekends begin to taper and mirror wed. However w sing along, 3D and GW, a great deal of new demand will come into play.

Edited by mfantin65

This is uncanny. From the first week to thissat/sun are flatMon discount dont knowtues down 50%Wed down 25%Thu down 70%Maybe first midweek was front loaded a bit. Weekends had many sellouts so there wasn't enough supply, could have been bigger. But the weekdays vary so much. Last week ladies wed was down 20% from the first and the weekend was flat. Wed down just 12% more should bode well for the this weekend. I cant decipher anything from the other weekdays.this could mean demand is near equilibrium with supply on the weekend and less overflow to the midweek. Maybe this where the weekends begin to taper and mirror wed. However w sing along, 3D and GW, a great deal of new demand will come into play.

We don't know that sing-along will be successful in Japan though, it absolutely sucked in SK. 

Afternoon.................... M ........T..........W .........T.......... F ........ S ......... SFirst............................................................18517--29035--38186Second......9396--10976--21854--12231--33278--32340--39828Third........14958--19027--46478--25446--21273--29380--44173Fourth......25661--41430--43550--25701--22309--28912--39206Fifth.........11969----6527--15260---4465----3965--25002---38584

Sixth 8552----3795---12728--3642Evening................... M ........ T ........ W ........ T ......... F ........ S ........ SFirst............................................................49224--58491--64414Second... 19967--21651--43281--26963--68297--67663--72506Third .......28363--34679--83765--40795--37218--58906--80440Fourth......40807--69958--74515--39964--38667--61448--67696Fifth.........22202--15224--35286--11375---13861--57650--67869

Sixth........20665---10206--31370--10066

• Like 3

The change of seats in TOHO this weekend / last weekend

Frozen    97,690  83,741 85.7%Crowd     49,371 26,272  53.2%バチスタ 20,187 12,509  62.0%白ゆき姫 18,070 12,182  67.4%

So, it is clear that Frozen lost around 15% seats this weekend but more showtimes (small screens)

• Like 1

The change of seats in TOHO this weekend / last weekend

Frozen    97,690  83,741 85.7%Crowd     49,371 26,272  53.2%バチスタ 20,187 12,509  62.0%白ゆき姫 18,070 12,182  67.4%

So, it is clear that Frozen lost around 15% seats this weekend but more showtimes (small screens)

-15% in face of direct competition (which usually opens big) isn't that good? :)

-15% in face of direct competition (which usually opens big) isn't that good? :)

I don't think this weekend would be a big problem. The real challenge comes in next weekend.

Some cities stop screening Frozen and I am curious that how will Disney arrange their

Dubbed 3D and sing-along in the face of losing more seats.

• Like 1

ty for that commentary. Appreciated. I guess I dont understand the disappointment thing. Falling short of a lofty goal for anything in life is a good thing I thought, except for jumping a canyon on a motorcycle :) you are correct, I just look at the numbers over the decades and countries and like the challenge of getting it right without worries of being short. It is the same with stocks. Think big, aim high, miss small...im a head trader nearly 20 years. Yelling at people and throwing staplers has been my thing for too long. Ill post what I think and refrain from replying.you see wolf of wall street? On new issue day a broker was cleaning his goldfish bowl. Jonah hill swallowed his goldfish and fired him for not having his head in the game. Thats what its like. Tracking BO has always been a calming thing, messing w the numbers, anticipating reports to see how close I am and root for a record to be broken. Until now it was never something I shared or debated. Going on 40years soon. I predicted jaws would beat the excorcist in 75.Lets see this thing break some records. As the weeks roll by, It will be fun to watch it challenge SA. US $ or yen idk. Enjoy the ride not the result!

Kingslayer said exactly what I've been feeling. Most people here just want to enjoy the ride, without caring how accurate their predictions are. For people who are indifferent about Frozen, there will be no disappointment if it ends up below expectation, because they don't really care about the success of the movie. So overprediction is okay. But because we love Frozen so much, we care about the result. That's why many of us tend to make conservative predictions to avoid disappointment. Just like when we're rooting for our favorite sport team, and we have high expectations, we'll be really disappointed if that team loses. So yeah, let's just have fun. :)

need only say one word.

karaoke

It will be interesting to see how the singalong version will do in Japan. Karaoke is indeed big for Japanese, I mean they made a word for it. But they do it in a small private space, with people they know. Japanese are generally shy and reserved. They don't sing in public in front of strangers, unless they're drunk, or in a concert where they're allowed to be loud. From my experience seeing movies in Japanese theaters, they are really really quiet regardless of the genre of the movie. I was once shushed because I laughed at a funny scene in a comedy movie :wacko:. So singalong movie will be a new experience for them.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 3

Oh, and I'm so happy that Frozen is becoming such a beast of a movie. I haven't been invested in a movie's success for a long time. I couldn't care less the first time the movie came out - the trailer turned me off badly. I was lucky I had a 6 year old son who borrowed a [pirated - this is Indonesia] DVD from his cousin to watch it at home. The first comment that I made as the end credit rolls was "what the hell did I just watch," and the second one was "Why the **** didn't I watch it at the theater?." Which is the real reason why I've been lurking here for a couple of months or so.

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have another Indonesian, who is also a fan of Frozen. :D