Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

No, beating Conan does make sense. It's kinda like an announcement which tells the theater managers : "Just leave all your screens to Frozen! No other movie could make more money for you."

Theater managers care more about the money each movie brings in rather than which movie ranks higher. 

This week is very close between conan and frozen, I doubt managers are going to say "Oh look frozen grossed $0.5M less than conan, time to cut some screens from it" 

Going on last year's conan performance, it dropped lower in its 2nd weekend than frozen ever did during it's entire run up to now. So Conan is more likely to lose screens than frozen. If anything Frozen is set to add screens for 3D dubbed and sing-along next week (or I think it's an expansion as opposed to just switching out existing screens)

Edited by Rsyu

Corpse

'Memories of Marnie' Lead Casting and Theme Song Artist Revealed:

Posted Image

16-year-old actress Sara Takatsuki (Black President, Otomen, GTO, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Haganai) and 21-year-old actress Kasumi Arimura (Amachan, Hagane no Onna, Clover, Judge) will star in Studio Ghibli's next film, this summer's anime adaptation of Joan G. Robinson's English children's novel classic When Marnie Was There (Omoide no Marnie). Oricon describes the film as Ghibli's first one with dual lead heroines, and it is also the first animated title and first Ghibli title for both actresses.

American musical artist Priscilla Ahn is contributing "Fine on the Outside," a song she wrote when she was in high school, as the film's theme song. It is Ghibli's first theme song entirely in English. (Only Yesterday used a Japanese version of "The Rose," while Whisper of the Heart used both the original English version of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and a Japanese translation.) The film is also Ghibli's first anime feature after Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki retired.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

In his second film, director Hiromasa Yonebayashi (2010's The Secret World of Arrietty) is shifting the setting from the novel's Great Britain to a Japanese village on the shores of Hokkaido. Takatsuki will play the 12-year-old Anna (written in kanji characters), while Arimura will play Marnie, the mysterious golden-haired girl who appears before Anna one summer.

About 300 candidates auditioned for the roles of the heroines at the end of last year. Marnie producer Yoshiaki Nishimura said there was a time in film history where "the flawless hero saves the woman," followed by a time for films where "the woman supports the troubled hero." Now, he said, 2014 is the time when "the man doesn't have to save the woman."
-ANN, -Oricon

When Marnie Was There was among the Top 50 recommended children's books (18th) that Hayao Miyazaki listed for his studio prior to retiring. Also revealed was that it took 20 months to storyboard the film adaptation.

The novel follows a girl who moves with her older foster parents to coastal Norfolk, where the lonely girl forms her first friendship with the ghostly Marnie, haunting the Marsh House. (-CR)

Memories of Marnie opens July 19th.
  • Like 2

109 2330Frozen 9456 -30% with 50% less seatsConan 8880

Hey mfantin65, I don't know if you have found something strange.

Yes, Frozen has downed 30% in 109. However, I calculate the total seats

of the two weeks in 109 cinemas.

Last Saturday: 141416

This Saturday: 91247

Today the total seats are only 64.5 % of the seats of Last Saturday. Isn't this weird? I guess there is

something wrong with the statistics...I think this report is not complete..

Today the total seats are only 64.5 % of the seats of Last Saturday. Isn't this weird? I guess there is

Besides, the total 109 showtimes

Last Saturday: 810

This :483

If this report it correct, perhaps half of the 109 cinemas are closed this Saturday :huh:

You're right:

Today 23.30

*8540 17501 *66 アナと雪の女王 【2D・吹替】

Yesterday 22.00

*3010 32894 105 アナと雪の女王 【2D・吹替】

It's possible?