Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I got inspired to write him finally.Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.Thx

Well you got him to tweet about it, (I assume you are the one behind the "vaguely threatening E-mail"). He said he thinks it will make 175M.

• Like 3

I got inspired to write him finally.Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.Thx

Well you got him to tweet about it, (I assume you are the one behind the "vaguely threatening E-mail"). He said he thinks it will make 175M.

HAHA :)

Ray subers wrote me back. He sounds like some of the posts in this forum. LolMy email..Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.ThxHis replyLIKELY it's final milestone. The data below is all speculation. Guaranteeing another $100m is absurd. Please make sure to send me an apology when it doesn't hit $200 (and no, I don't owe you an apology if the opposite happens, because I'm not the one who decided to send such a bizarre and vaguely threatening email).My reply..Threatening? I was kidding. I work on wall st. We kid that way.Havent you seen "wolf of wall st" jesus relax. 5 weekends holding above opening werkend in a virtual straight line with a 10 day holiday coming? There isnt a drop in sight yet. 200 million is a guarantee because it is obvious it going to do at least 230m. Maybe 300. At 300 you do owe me an apology.Your missing the point. You said "likely reached its last milestone", lock or not, someone who is in the BO business should know that IM3 going down is likely if not at least possible, and your statement basically says its out of the question.How is offering a blow job threatening if Im wrong, your the one receiving, you can say no. I thought it was a kind gesture for my intrusion upon your sunday afternoon should I be wrong. Im not gay, giving felatio is not my thing, there for, I most certainly wont be wrong.Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Like 3

I dont tweet. Tweet him back for me will ya. Ask him at what online community college he got his statistics degree.

lol, you're one of a kind I'll give you that :)

and sorry but no this is between you two right now, and I don't follow subers in any case

• Like 1

avatar in part was a 3d phenom. It lost most its screen to AIW in march another, in part 3d phenom. First two 3d movies out of the gate and 3d became a big success until people realized they got instant ADD.

There was anticipation with the Miyazaki's monster. A little front loaded for japan and as I said had steady declines from the beginning. We need to see the SA weekends. Anyone have them? No movie has held flat like this in a long time. Take a look at ET on bom. Frozen is best mirroring that right now and it didn't drop later on. I say this runs like that, percentage drop wise. Im going to pull ponyo out of the showdown, that fish is fried. I want to put SA and et in

They're right here on my graph.  Green line.

Posted Image

He is obviously a miyazaki fan and a frozen hater. Keeps underpredicting like an alcohol in denial, "I only had two drinks". He admitted yesterday that he was being a downer. He is looking glass half full. When you do that you see emptiness.

those movies were in December and summer. 6m is a great midweek outside of those times. The last two midweeks were 73% of the forward weekend. If the weekend dropped like HMC they would be 90-100% of the weekend. Once HMC/Ponyo were out of holiday/summer their midweeks were 60-100%, again 100% was reached because the forward weekend dropped significantly. This is why I dont watch the news. Politicians make up this shit too.

If frozen was in summer it would be having 15m-20m midweeks considering what it did SB. Kicking the shit out of ponyo. I

"Statistics dont lie, statisticians do" mark twain

Here's why I don't think Frozen has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Spirited Away:

Posted Image

Edited by Murgatroyd

Yes, but Disney has not made public the list of 3D Dubbed screens so far, perhaps they are vying for screens with other movies ?But Disney has announced the Singalong screens....around 90.Many people think it is a bold move, because most Japanese keep silent while watching movies, even with kids.People are wondering if they dare to "let it go " their passion for these songs in the theaters...and 90 screens is really somethinglooks like a high-risk bet...Now, in the Japanese forum, people are also talking about how much impact will 3D Dubbed have on the BO...More 3D means higher avg ticket price but also higher risks...unless people really really love Frozen (Unlike other markets, 3D in Japan is losing popularity ).

90 screens for sing along, wow. I thought they would test it with 10. They are banking on that tv promo i guess. I assume they are going to be replacing them with the ones they have. That is a chance. I assume we'll see the breakdown in the Toho numbers. It will be interesting.I assume the 3d screens would be extra screens and not much risk. I noticed that movies that are 3d promoted have a lot more screens in japan.

They're right here on my graph. Green line.

Posted Image

Here's why I don't think Frozen has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Spirited Away:

Posted Image

cool. I was going to ask you if you had weekend numbers and could plot them. Full weeks are hard to compare with holiday and summer impact. I think we can see the legs comparison w just weekends. Frozen is going to curl right up thru SA/green, fade above it and play catch up on the total. Could you post the weekend/week numbers, i want to put them in my table, cant see precisely on the chart. Thx

i could see how SA looks like it just pulled away on the cum and insurmountable. But frozen is about to have that same spike too. Could be 25m+ as well. How did it do 2500m for week 10 with just a 500m weekend? 250m sat/sun and 400m weekdays in early October?

Edited by mfantin65

what is v6?

I guess so.

In TOHO website, I have observed Frozen for V1 V2~~V5.....and now

I hope I can see V 8 !

If I'm not mistaken, "V" here stands for "Victory", so "V6" means it's #1 for the 6th week.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

cool. I was going to ask you if you had weekend numbers and could plot them. Full weeks are hard to compare with holiday and summer impact. I think we can see the legs comparison w just weekends. Frozen is going to curl right up thru SA/green, fade above it and play catch up on the total. Could you post the weekend/week numbers, i want to put them in my table, cant see precisely on the chart. Thxi could see how SA looks like it just pulled away on the cum and insurmountable. But frozen is about to have that same spike too. Could be 25m+ as well.

I hope the formatting on this works.

(All numbers in million ¥)

Weekend-Week

1001-------1001

975--------3239

890--------2980

940--------3530

890--------2510

900--------1640

685--------2230

695--------1520

650--------1330

510--------2420

435--------1200

395--------800

265--------490

270--------480

330--------600

305--------590

195--------480

185--------360

255--------440

150--------340

115--------220

Edited by Murgatroyd

At least you guys know about how much Frozen made in your country. I don't even have any idea on how much Frozen made in Indonesia. :P

THIS!! Seriously, when BOM stopped reporting box office from Indonesia last year I was like NOOOOOOOO! I'm dying to know how big Frozen is in term of box office numbers. Btw Despicable Me 2 was the highest grossing animated film ever with around $6.2m. Do you think Frozen beat it? Minions are extremely popular here though.

I hope the formatting on this works. (All numbers in million ¥)Weekend-Week1001-------1001975--------3239890--------2980940--------3530890--------2510900--------1640685--------2230695--------1520650--------1330510--------2420435--------1200395--------800265--------490270--------480330--------600305--------590195--------480185--------360255--------440150--------340115--------220

ty big help. I just edited this in above and I see it here. How did it do 2500m for week 10 with just a 500m weekend? 250m sat/sun and 400m weekdays in early October?

ty big help. I just edited this in above and I see it here. How did it do 2500m for week 10 with just a 500m weekend? 250m sat/sun and 400m weekdays in early October?

Good question.  My weekly numbers are calculated from the cumulative numbers in Corpse's post here.  I suspect he may have missed a week - splitting that into e.g. 1220 and 1200 would be much more plausible.

THIS!! Seriously, when BOM stopped reporting box office from Indonesia last year I was like NOOOOOOOO! I'm dying to know how big Frozen is in term of box office numbers. Btw Despicable Me 2 was the highest grossing animated film ever with around $6.2m. Do you think Frozen beat it? Minions are extremely popular here though.

Actually now that you mention it, I did a quick comparison between the reported OS number and the sum of the grosses of each individual country and there's actually a big discrepancy. 

Bom reports that frozen has grossed $729,300,000 (a suspiciously round number) but the sum of the gross from each country comes to $689,147,955. I smell something fishy....

Actually now that you mention it, I did a quick comparison between the reported OS number and the sum of the grosses of each individual country and there's actually a big discrepancy. 

Bom reports that frozen has grossed $729,300,000 (a suspiciously round number) but the sum of the gross from each country comes to $689,147,955. I smell something fishy....

It has always been this way, BOM gets the individual country numbers from various sources, sometimes local. The total OS number is not an addition of all of BOM's individual county tracking, but rather a direct number from the distributor. BOM has never tracked every single market so have to do it this way.

Actually now that you mention it, I did a quick comparison between the reported OS number and the sum of the grosses of each individual country and there's actually a big discrepancy. Bom reports that frozen has grossed $729,300,000 (a suspiciously round number) but the sum of the gross from each country comes to $689,147,955. I smell something fishy....

its always been like that since ray subers is around. He's a slacker. Tweet him. Everyone tweet what frozen will likely do and tell him to update the numbers like they used to. Lets start a movement to get brandon back!