Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I disagree. First the Green Goblin is Spider Man's arch nemesis so not having him would be silly. And secondly from what I've heard DeHaan as Goblin is one of the redeeming aspects of the film. Electro is the problematic villain

DeHaan's performance as Goblin is good. But Green Goblin's story is not good.

they put him in the movie just for one reason.

Regarding spiderman... this one might have a bit better legs than the last one since it did not get this huge amount of screens on its opening (was it in this thread that somebody mentioned that Amazing Siderman opened with the most screens for a hollywood movie? ). So it will have a lower opening but maybe a bit better legs than the first ones multiplier might suggest...

as for Frozen... i am going for a nice and round 9M weekend and up my total guesstimate to $240M since others have now made enough sub 200 estimates to keep this thread sane ;) ...and damn, without having reached any kind of plateau coming up with numbers for this movie is a bit difficult...

btw, if saturday shows are already close to being sold out (as mentioned by Olive) i have the feeling that this is going to be epic :)

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1

On the weekend:If it was a regular weekend with this competion I'd say it would drop 10% or more, but its GW, actually named by a movie company. The movie going mindset is game on to absorb the supply. 9m people have already seen frozen who can go see spidey and RB2. High saturation of both dubbed and 3d subbed last week show demand is still there and millions more are waiting to see it, evident by the fact that a second wave of hype and WOM are causing this weeks increase. With the reduction in low saturation subbed seating, the seats will be of more use for S-A and 3d dubbed, which should have high saturation like dubbed at 60% last sunday. This will make up for the seat decline of 11%. Pre GW sunday evening should get a bump.With tv sing along promo, GW and long awaited 3d dubbed, I believe this weekend could come close to the biggest SB weekend of 58/80k toho that came in at 8.6m. Add in the 5% 3d bump and the 8% price hike and that's how I came up with 9.8m. I didn't just pull the number out of ray subers ass like a ping pong lottery ball. He probably would like that though. :pWorst case scenario, it matches last weeks admission plus 3d bump. 8.5mBest case, it does 60%+ saturation for the weekend, thats 150k+ admissions on 250k seats. 10.5m+. If that doesnt happen this weekend it will happen next weekend :OIf corpses 3rd consecutive 6.5 weekend prediction finally hits its mark, I'll blow him and subers at the same time. 6.5m will be correct....in about 3 to 4 weeks. Sooner or later, a blind squirrel will find a nut on a peanut farm.... :)

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 2

I put u down for 240 chuck. Now your really cooking with hot grease!30 hours to revise if you wish.160m looking like a slam dunk by the end of GW. It would need an SK crash to stay well below 200m. That is an incredible prediction at this point.

Edited by mfantin65

As for golden week, anyone that can read Japanese could help. From what I gathered most businesses are closed for 7 to 10 days so I assume that means Sunday thru the following Monday. I also assume that schools are closed, but I'm not sure if you could find that out, that would be a big help to figure out the week. With both adults and students off this week it should be bigger than either spring break week. We should have Sat/ Sun type numbers all week with Monday being a vacation day, Tuesday holiday, Wednesday Ladies Day, Thursday national discount day also known as May Day and Friday another vacation day. The thread was at 140 pages for the first two years, 50 pages for the first 5 weeks of frozen and 30 pages for the past week. I think we'll be over 300 by the end of golden week. The numbers are going to get crazy.

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

Regarding spiderman... this one might have a bit better legs than the last one since it did not get this huge amount of screens on its opening (was it in this thread that somebody mentioned that Amazing Siderman opened with the most screens for a hollywood movie? ). So it will have a lower opening but maybe a bit better legs than the first ones multiplier might suggest...

Over 1,000 screens which is the biggest for a Hollywood movie at that time. Movie theaters overestimated big time on how popular ASM1 was going to be, so now they have learned their lesson and not giving ASM2 too many screens this time. ;)

To compare, Frozen only has 598 screens while ASM1 had 1,090 screens.

ASM made 39M total in Japan, and Frozen is going to make near 200M total in Japan. Frozen has half the screens, and its going to make near five times as much as ASM.

Lo

Over 1,000 screens which is the biggest for a Hollywood movie at that time. Movie theaters overestimated big time on how popular ASM1 was going to be, so now they have learned their lesson and not giving ASM2 too many screens this time. ;)

looking at the current presale, I thinkthey are right...today is the opening day but I failto see hype on this movie..

The thread was at 140 pages for the first two years, 50 pages for the first 5 weeks of frozen and 30 pages for the past week. I think we'll be over 300 by the end of golden week. The numbers are going to get crazy.

Actually is #5 thread in international boxoffice forum for most replies behind China, UK, Russia and Australia (Frozen thread is #8!)

Weekend predictions:mfantin..............9.82Kingslayer.........9.3Boxx93...............9.3chuck.................9.0Spizzer...............9.0Ball Lightning....8.9Tong Kosong.....8.8DamieRoc..........8.675.309Queen Elsa........8.6Catlover.............8.6Incardine............8.5Rsyu...................8.3rhfqkddl45.........8.2Japan forum......8.0Corpse...............7.0 said 6.5-7.5Anyone else?

Edited by mfantin65