Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Are you still projecting $9m+ for frozen this weekend?

its possible. There's no precise info on how many people get monday off, which has an affect on sun eve. If sunday fall in line with like last week. 8.5. If its like a spring break sunday when students had monday off, its over 9m

Frozen in Japan will surpass total Dom  :ph34r: incredible legs!!

Uh oh. Somebody finally mentioned DOM. I've been thinking that would come up at some point :pIt is within the realm of possiblity. There is a precedent. Edited by mfantin65

Frozen in Japan will surpass total Dom  :ph34r: incredible legs!!

…No.

Uh oh. Somebody finally mentioned DOM. I've been thinking that would come up at some point :PIt is within the realm of possiblity. There is a precedent.

Really?

Per Corpse

Sunday morning report:Looks like we'll have another very strong Sunday based on morning and afternoon ticket sales so far.Frozen and Detective Conan: The Sniper from Another Dimension will have the best increases; Thermae Romae II and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 look up slightly from yesterday (though they played better into the evening/night); and if any of them sees a decrease it'll be Partners the Movie 3, but it appears pretty steady as well.Outside of the Top 5 is Crayon Shin-chan: Serious Battle! Robot Dad Strikes which will have the best Sunday increase percentage wise since it skews so young.Distributor Toho also reported that Thermae Romae II outpaced its predecessor by 33% yesterday, which would be about 10% better than yesterday's admissions indicated. So that's great news, and it won't have any trouble breaking ¥500 million as long as Sunday holds. And if Sunday keeps pace, it might be able to reach ¥600 million due to the tax hike. The last live-action film to open to ¥600 million+, domestic or imported, was Resident Evil: Retribution back in September 2012.One of the best aspects of the Japanese Box-Office is that the more big films in release, the more they all tend to gross from benefiting from crowded theaters

• Like 1

Looks like singalong is successful in Japan so far.

See many sellouts this morning and Yahoo JP has reported the singalong

with photos in one theater. People rejoice at the atmosphere

and many of them say they have practiced many times at home.

Most of them are friends or family members.

What a touching scene , isn't it ?

Indeed, I also participated in Taipei singalong organized by a group of Frozen fans.

That's my best theater experience for the first time in forever ~

• Like 1

Looks like singalong is successful in Japan so far.See many sellouts this morning and Yahoo JP has reported the singalongwith photos in one theater. People rejoice at the atmosphereand many of them say they have practiced many times at home.Most of them are friends or family members.What a touching scene , isn't it ?Indeed, I also participated in Taipei singalong organized by a group of Frozen fans.That's my best theater experience for the first time in forever ~

That is indeed great to hear!! I'm glad to hear you're also a frozen fan :)Also wtf with passing Dom gross talk?

…No. Really?

Well first lets throw out no, cant and never. I heard that early on about TS3, HMC and SA in dollars and now they are locked, locked and locked.Every once in a while a movie rears up and does the unexpected. No movie had broken 400m dom at the time and titanic went straight thru 400m by 33% to 600m. No movie since 1985, vcr era, has gone over 100m admissions except titanic, 125m. 35% of the DOM population.Same w avatar in SK. First to 13m admissions. 50m people, 26%Spirited Away broke new ground vonsiderably 13 years ago with 23.5m admissions.Could a movie in japan break new ground by 33% and do 31m admissions, 25% of population? Not likely, but not impossible. I said in feb that the combination of animation, musical, resonance around the world, especially in SK, could mean big numbers in japan. I stated TS3 was a good target and SA possible with a.question mark, and the crazy comments came out in droves. Not so crazy anymore..

That is indeed great to hear!! I'm glad to hear you're also a frozen fan :)Also wtf with passing Dom gross talk?

I like stirring the pot and adding some spices. I havent yelled at anyone in a week. This will cause someone to find a way to piss me off :)

Lol this is why I love this thread. Such crazy predictions bring a smile to my face :)Frozen already required crazy legs to reach 400 domestic, a region which has 3 times the population and a much more movie going audience than Japan. Frozen is already tracking behind Spirited away and it doesnt have summer weekdays to rely on. Also all those groudbreaking movies you mention was from a different era, when movies played months on end with less competition. True, it's not impossible in the mathematical sense but that's the same as saying it's not impossible for frozen to drop like a rock post GW because of some reason or another. Still I kinda enjoy crazy talk so don't let me stop you :P

Of course , I am a big fan of Frozen.

I create a thread in the Chinese Frozen forum and update the latest information of any kind.

And we also play guessing game twice a day---guess the TOHO number each afternoon and evening .

So, every day, I read Japanese, Chinese and English Frozen forum B)

Lol this is why I love this thread. Such crazy predictions bring a smile to my face :)Frozen already required crazy legs to reach 400 domestic, a region which has 3 times the population and a much more movie going audience than Japan. Frozen is already tracking behind Spirited away and it doesnt have summer weekdays to rely on. Also all those groudbreaking movies you mention was from a different era, when movies played months on end with less competition. True, it's not impossible in the mathematical sense but that's the same as saying it's not impossible for frozen to drop like a rock post GW because of some reason or another. Still I kinda enjoy crazy talk so don't let me stop you :P

spirited away is so far ahead because it was a well anticipated miyazaki film with a large opening and 7 weeks of summer numbers. The gap has widened for 7 weeks, now you will see it narrow. SA made nearly half its money after summer was over.Movies can play for months in japan, they dont release dvd for a year. Not much competition until late june, but competition hasn't affected it. Admissions are still above OW and will be next week too. SA had 160 when summer was over in w7. Frozen will have 160+ at the end of GW w9. The leg comparison should be from those points. Week 15 is summer for frozen. Leg advantage; frozen. Edited by mfantin65