Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Today's afternoon TOHO number will not be accurate.

The system announces that it misses the data of 22 showtimes this morning, and 3 of them are Frozen !

P.S Yesterday's TOHO number is not accurate , either. Three showtimes number are missed ...

I found this surfing..No one japanese has confirmed this."The end of April through around May 5th is called "Golden Week" in Japan since there are many national holidays during this period. Many Japanese offices close for about a week to 10 days, depending on the calender. People take a vacation and travel around the country or abroad, so tourist attractions in Japan are crowded during this time""Golden week technically begins with the Emperor's Birthday on April 29 and concludes with Children's Day on May 5. Many Japanese take vacation time a day or two before and after, so the impact of Golden Week actually stretches to around 10 days.""Golden Week is a collection of four national holidays within a week. Instead of just giving people those four holidays off, many offices end up closing for about 7-10 days, giving their employees a full week of freedom. Even if they’re not given the whole week, many employees will just take time off anyway. The holiday week starts on April 29th and goes through May 5th."Are schools closed starting monday? Idk.Businesses and schools dont typically open for just 1 day. If business are closed and people are traveling then school must be closedmonday could be like a spring break day or a Saturday. Idk that either but the next 10 days will be huge regardless.

When I went to college there, we usually didn't have classess on weekdays that were not national holidays, because many professors took the days off too. But sometimes I had classess in the middle of GW, even though I often skipped them and went travelling with my friends instead lol. So to me, most of the time GW means I get 7-10 days of holiday, but not always. Well, that info is still not helping lol. The point is, GW has always been one of the biggest times for box office, beside Obon and New Year, especially this year with five or so movies expected to do big numbers at the same time.

Today's afternoon TOHO number will not be accurate.

The system announces that it misses the data of 22 showtimes this morning, and 3 of them are Frozen !

P.S Yesterday's TOHO number is not accurate , either. Three showtimes number are missed ...

good news  :shades:

Of course , I am a big fan of Frozen.I create a thread in the Chinese Frozen forum and update the latest information of any kind.And we also play guessing game twice a day---guess the TOHO number each afternoon and evening .So, every day, I read Japanese, Chinese and English Frozen forum B)

Wow you're even more dedicated than I thought :D. Thank you! And that's really interesting with the guessing game on Chinese Frozen forum.

Toho up 2%. Hope evening is strong like bull.66% saturation on dubbed. Thats high. Couldve done 5% more if they didn't sell out so easily with more seats during high demand showtimesRB2 42 % saturation with 40% more seats. They screwed the pooch with the seats71% attended sing along. Up from yesterday. WOM kicking in.sing along tcx sold out. 400 children. Got to put that on you tube.3dd and 3ds and subbed all at 60% or better.60-70% across the board. thats high. It would've had a 10m weekend if it had RB2 seatsIts going to be huge week w more seats

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

Toho up 2%. Hope evening is strong like bull.66% saturation on dubbed. Thats high. Couldve done 5% more if they didn't sell out so easily with more seats during high demand showtimesRB2 42 % saturation with 40% more seats. They screwed the pooch with the seats71% attended sing along. Up from yesterday. WOM kicking in.

another good news  :shades:

TOHO26544 39988 138 アナと雪の女王(日本語吹替版)DUBBED25087 39485 164 名探偵コナン2014 異次元の狙撃手(スナイパー)SPIDEY25027 57666 197 テルマエ・ロマエⅡ★ ROMA BATH*5775 *8063 *38 アナと雪の女王(日本語吹替版)“みんなで歌おう♪”歌詞付き(限定公開)★SING ALONG*3867 *6157 *25 アナと雪の女王(3D・日本語吹替版)★ DUBBED*1552 *2304 *16 アナと雪の女王(字幕版)★ DUBBED**417 **530 **3 アナと雪の女王(3D・字幕版) SUBBED★**402 **404 **1 アナと雪の女王(日本語吹替版・TCXスクリーン上映)★DUBBED**401 **404 **1 アナと雪の女王(日本語吹替版)“みんなで歌おう♪”歌詞付き(限定公開)(TCXスクリーン上映)SIngALONG★**279 **403 **1 アナと雪の女王 (3D・字幕版・ATMOS・TCX) SUBBED★I think I got it right. The numbers aren't as big as we wanted but the percentages are totally awesome dude! Omni...keanu.They need to put 3Dd on that TCX screen and have more showtimes.a lot of characters for sing along. What does it say?

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

a lot of characters for sing along. What does it say?

It says "Sing-along ♪, with lyrics on screen (limited screenings)". Btw, the second one is Conan, not Spidey.

25087 39485 164 名探偵コナン2014 異次元の狙撃手(スナイパー)SPIDEY

For Spidey,

*4394 *7880 *52 アメイジング・スパイダーマン2 (日本語吹替版)*3576 11051 *70 アメイジング・スパイダーマン2 (字幕版)*2831 *5726 *22 アメイジング・スパイダーマン2 (3D・字幕版)

*2799 *3938 *23 アメイジング・スパイダーマン2 (3D・日本語吹替版)

**538 **983 **3 アメイジング・スパイダーマン2(3D・字幕版・ATMOS・TCX)

And yeah, they should put a video of sing-along and use it for promotion. It looks like it's going really well and a promotion video will push it even further.

Without numbers in dollars all these stats have absolutely no meaning.

On the contrary, since these stats are the only daily numbers we have (there are no daily reports for box office in Japan), they are extremely helpful. With historical data, people here came up with certain multipliers, so when we get the numbers for the whole day, we can estimate the daily numbers nationwide in dollars.

Btw afternoon update for the top 4:

TOHOFrozen 39237(LW 38683)101.4%Conan 25087(LW 42126)59.6%Thermae II 25027TASM2 14138109Frozen 7871(LW 9607)81.9%Conan 6135(LW8831)69.5%Thermae II 5910TSAM2 4192KINEZOFrozen 8188(LW 9023)90.7%Conan 5238(LW 7601)68.9%Thermae II 4360TSAM2 2950

Edited by catlover

On the contrary, since these stats are the only daily numbers we have (there are no daily reports for box office in Japan), they are extremely helpful. With historical data, people here came up with certain multipliers, so when we get the numbers for the whole day, we can estimate the daily numbers nationwide in dollars.

Btw afternoon update for the top 4:

TOHOFrozen 39237(LW 38683)101.4%Conan 25087(LW 42126)59.6%Thermae II 25027TASM2 14138109Frozen 7871(LW 9607)81.9%Conan 6135(LW8831)69.5%Thermae II 5910TSAM2 4192KINEZOFrozen 8188(LW 9023)90.7%Conan 5238(LW 7601)68.9%Thermae II 4360TSAM2 2950

So, where is Frozen in $ now?