Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Wooooohooooo!!!!!!

Saturday will be way above 80K. Now that's the Frozen we love! :D

The average ticket price should be around 1300/1350 yen. Therefore, a little more than 130M yen, or about 1.3M in $.

The overall saturday should be higher than 5.5M $.

Last saturday there was a 22% boost from 19.00 to 00.30, so today we could have near 88000. Also 109 and kinezo are very high and we can have a toho x 66/67 for a total near 6M$ (new record). And tomorrow, if the increase sat/sun of last weeks will be repeated, for the first time in forever frozen could break 100000 toho admissions.

• Like 1

Frozen!! :blink: My $10m weekend prediction might be too low! But my $26.67m week prediction looks good.

Btw, after the deluxe version of Frozen soundtrack was released, the sales increased from 2,000-ish on Thursday to 67,045 on Friday. Gonna be #1 on next week's Oricon weekly album chart with probably a bigger sales than in the US.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Now I'm a bit curious about the Roman Bath movies. 

For the first film, IMO the first half was interesting and funny, but the second half was just bad and too weird. A lot of Japanese jokes that could be lost in translation, so those who don't understand Japanese would find them unfunny. I think overall it's just a mindless comedy. I don't know about the sequel though.

4.5-5.25m I think that is really amazing, could be increase? or is the final box office in Saturday?

It's just the number as of 7pm local time. It's gonna be bigger for the whole day.

Edited by catlover

I wish Frozen could surpass Transformers 3 ($771.4M) by Sunday. It needs $27.8 for the week (Mon-to-Sun) but it'll probably finish a million or two below that figure and surpass Transformers on Monday, which honestly still doesn't look bad any way you slice it. I think it is now highly likely (given the lack of competition) that it will reach Iron Man 3 worldwide (it needs $190M from Japan to do that).

Last saturday there was a 22% boost from 19.00 to 00.30, so today we could have near 88000. Also 109 and kinezo are very high and we can have a toho x 66/67 for a total near 6M$ (new record). And tomorrow, if the increase sat/sun of last weeks will be repeated, for the first time in forever frozen could break 100000 toho admissions.

First time a film would pass that mark since One Piece Z in december 2012. ^_^

Edited by Cynosure

Corpse

Toho Cinemas Saturday Admissions (05/03-04)

Saturday (05/03) Afternoon Update (02:30PM):

Admissions (% change from last Sat. Afternoon) - Film (Dis.) Week in Release

43,529 (+68.2%) - Frozen (Disney) Week 8

20,522 (+31.3%) - Thermae Romae II (Toho) Week 2

19,559 (+22.7%) - Detective Conan: The Sniper from Another Dimension (Toho) Week 3

11,068 (+30.7%) - Crayon Shin-chan: Serious Battle! Robot Dad Strikes (Toho) Week 3

9,764 (NEW) - My Little Nightmare (Toho) NEW

9,614 (+2.9%) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Sony) Week 2

9,328 (-5.2%) - Partners the Movie 3 (Toei) Week 2

8,730 (NEW) - Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Toho-Towa) NEW

Very huge for Frozen. Very, very, very huge. This is its biggest mid-day Saturday admission figure to date, and this is definitely going to be its biggest Saturday, and probably weekend as well. It's going to blow the biggest 8th weekend record out of the water by a huge margin.  Nothing has had a performance even close to this in over a decade, and it's becoming a serious contender for $200 million+.

Thermae Romae II also saw a very, very impressive increase over last Saturday at the same point in time. Its legs so far appear not far from those of the original's which were amazing. The original increased almost 30% in its second weekend by comparison. And it and Detective Conan will have another close race for 2nd place over the weekend.

Great start for My Little Nightmare. It will likely beat Crayon Shin-chan (very nice increase for it, too) for the day since Shin-chan grows weaker and weaker into the evening hours. It might even give The Amazing Spider-Man 2 a battle for fourth place this weekend, though the latter's 3D tickets should give it a strong advantage overall.

And good numbers for Enchanted Kingdom 3D, too. Nature documentaries still remain very popular in Japan. I think it's being released in the States in the fall.

Out of curiosity, what is the 8th weekend record?

So, what kind of weekend are we looking at now? I had 10.80m as my guestimate, but it certainly looks low if Saturday is in the neighborhood of 6 million. :D

font='courier new']Golden Week

1.9m Monday

5.7m Tuesday

2.4m Wednesday

3.0m Thursday

1.9m Friday

5.5m Saturday

20.4m Week

138.8m Current Total

167.0m Est Post GW Total 5/11. Tied w Spirited Away to start off slow season

240m locked

260m-310m range

Edited by mfantin65

font='courier new']Golden Week

1.9m Monday

5.7m Tuesday

2.4m Wednesday

3.0m Thursday

1.9m Friday

5.5m Saturday

20.4m Week

138.8m Current Total

167.0m Est Post GW Total 5/11. Tied w Spirited Away to start off slow season

5.5m in Saturday is estimated? or is the final box office that day?

5.5m in Saturday is estimated? or is the final box office that day?

toho is approximately 20%(x5) of theaters x $13.50 average ticket price on weekend. Its been accurate except for last weekend.67.5 toho multiplier to get US $ estimate. Official report on monday. Edited by mfantin65