Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It seems like there have been a lot of glitches regarding Japan boxoffice the last week. First we had missing showtimes early in the week messing with the weekday totals, now there seems to be something weird with 109 numbers. :rolleyes:

It seems like there have been a lot of glitches regarding Japan boxoffice the last week. First we had missing showtimes early in the week messing with the weekday totals, now there seems to be something weird with 109 numbers. :rolleyes:

Yes, but these glitches will not affect the true gross.

If ScreenDaily said $753.5M by Wednesday, that's $9.9M (Mon-Wed).

If the other report said it crossed the 13.3 billion yen mark ($11.8M) by Thursday, that's $1.9M from Thursday.

mfantin65 says it made $3M on Thursday.

Clearly, the data is very confusing and I have no idea what to rely on. Let's just hope whoever reported the biggest number was right.

• Like 1

There is something wrong with today109 statistics. Compare the data of today and yesterday,every movie lost some seats and frozen lost 2300.The showtimes also differ...

The system administrator says that today and yesterday had lost some data for 109 and for tomorrow should be also movix data. I'm not sure because i don't know well japanese language.

http://mimorin2014.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-0.html

Edited by edroger

To celebrate the break of 13 billion yen ,kids under 130cm will be free of 400 yen extra 3Dfee if they go to see Frozen 3D with parents.Good promotion strategy by Disney.

Edited by LABAS
  • Like 3

Biggest Day Ever !!!  :D

4/29 (Tue)         5/3 (Sat)        5/4 (Sun. only 7PM Update number)

Toho                80125(+5000)         82492                83153  

Kinezo                  19468                  19547                20401

109                      14169                  17288               15036

*Total                118,762                119,327            118,590  
Edited by Hans13
  • Like 1

Biggest Day Ever !!!  :D

4/29 (Tue)         5/3 (Sat)        5/4 (Sun. only 7PM Update number)

Toho                80125(+5000)         82492                83153  

Kinezo                  19468                  19547                20401

109                      14169                  17288               15036

*Total                118,762                119,327            118,590  

So about 17% higher than same point on Saturday. This would lead to 12M+ weekend.  :D

• Like 1

The system administrator says that today and yesterday had lost some data for 109 and for tomorrow should be also movix data. I'm not sure because i don't know well japanese language.

http://mimorin2014.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-0.html

Yes, the programmer said that some data from 109 were lost, 19 showtimes yesterday, and 12 showtimes today, mainly for the morning shows. There might be data lost again in the future so right now he's fixing the program. He also said that he had spare time on GW so he made a new program to get the data from Movix chain. He will upload those Movix data starting tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. The program to get admission data from Toho, that we're using now, was also made during GW, exactly 1 year ago.

If ScreenDaily said $753.5M by Wednesday, that's $9.9M (Mon-Wed).

If the other report said it crossed the 13.3 billion yen mark ($11.8M) by Thursday, that's $1.9M from Thursday.

mfantin65 says it made $3M on Thursday.

Clearly, the data is very confusing and I have no idea what to rely on. Let's just hope whoever reported the biggest number was right.

I just realized this. Even the Japanese reports are confusing. They said Frozen has grossed 12.87b yen as of Tues, and 13.3b yen as of Fri. I doubt Frozen only made 430m yen on Wed + Thurs.

Edited by catlover

I just realized this. Even the Japanese reports are confusing. They said Frozen has grossed 12.87b yen as of Tues, and 13.3b yen as of Fri. I doubt Frozen only made 430m yen on Wed + Thurs.

As of Thursday, not Friday. But don't worry, all this confusion will vanish once weekend numbers are in.