Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

34 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

@Issac Newton from now till JJK movie (24/12), is there any other big release? 

Venom 2 (Dec 3), Matrix Resurrection (Dec 17), Boss Baby 2 (Dec 17). Since there are notable record from previous films so, I consider this western works as competitive particularly Matrix. I will check Remaining of the November release later and will inform if there are any big works.

I have checked November Release

The Mole Song: The Final (Nov 19 ) &ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x20 FILM "Record of Memories" (Nov 26)

Edited by Issac Newton

47 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

This feels like another Demon Slayer situation to me. In that I had no idea it existed until I popped in to this thread and saw it was about to decimate everything in its path. Then I watched the Demon Slayer show and started to get it. Don't quite get why the movie had THAT much gas in the tank though

Industry is currently projecting ¥7B OW. Looks impossible but I don't actually know it's actual holding capacity. But, being a Toho distributed Film so it will get screening hall equalling demon Slayer or more.

16 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Industry is currently projecting ¥7B OW. Looks impossible but I don't actually know it's actual holding capacity. But, being a Toho distributed Film so it will get screening hall equalling demon Slayer or more.

¥7B OW?  what? DS OW was "only" ~¥4B. This thing is even more? 

2 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

¥7B OW?  what? DS OW was "only" ~¥4B. This thing is even more? 

Yeah, it's impossible. Next week, there will be decision on number of Screening halls. Matrix Resurrection will lose lots of screening halls if it doesn't leg well.

Demon Slayer was 1400+ screening halls

23 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Yeah, it's impossible. Next week, there will be decision on number of Screening halls. Matrix Resurrection will lose lots of screening halls if it doesn't leg well.

Demon Slayer was 1400+ screening halls

beside the capacity problem, I know that JJK is currently very popular there but I still don't think it is more than the level of DS yet. DS basically targeted all age groups of audiences there.  

Apart from that it's a prequel story. So, I don't know why they say. Screening halls decision should give some idea on capacity. But, Matrix seems to be problem. Unless, people drop watching Boss Baby 2 &Matrix Resurrection,  screening halls will reduce. Reducing the holding capacity. Yet, it's Winter & Japan has the more than 3700+ screening halls. So it capacity should not be a problem.

If you compare Demon Slayer and Jujutsu manga sales trends after their anime finished, you will notice they aren't even close, DS kept increasing and selling 1M+ each week for over year while JJK just kept decreasing even its last volume decreased from the previous one ( and apparently its Collab with Daido coffee which was huge success with DS, didn't actually work that well)

Here is the sales for the manga volume that was released before the movie for each of them after 4 weeks

Jujutsu Kaisen #17  1,520,532

Demon Slayer #21 1,837,089

Demon Slayer Special Edition #21 1,198,180

I would compare their volume 1 but JJK 1 isn't charting anymore.

So dunno but I feel JJK will make about 10B total with 15B being possible but not seeing bigger than that.

3 minutes ago, Aiga said:

So dunno but I feel JJK will make about 10B total with 15B being possible but not seeing bigger than that.

Manga sales &age difference keeps JJK low but for giving screening halls, Industry estimates OW numbers so that film can run in full potential. I am nagging half of Demon Slayer (¥40.4B) as finals. Recent PV response was good that has gathered ¥15M+ in all platforms. Nothing much but still wish another wonderful run in my country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Manga sales &age difference keeps JJK low but for giving screening halls, Industry estimates OW numbers so that film can run in full potential. I am nagging half of Demon Slayer (¥40.4B) as finals. Recent PV response was good that has gathered ¥15M+ in all platforms. Nothing much but still wish another wonderful run in my country.

Me too but we should target  ¥15-20B first before the presale opens. 

2021 Biggest OW in 🗾 Japan:

(Only Sat &Sun)

1️⃣ Detective Conan The Scarlet Bullet : ¥1.609B /1.122K attendees

2️⃣ Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Thrice Upon a Time : ¥1.177B /761K attendees

3️⃣ Belle : ¥680M /459K attendees

4️⃣ The Untold Tale of the Three Kingdoms : ¥593M /423K attendees (Dec 2020)

5️⃣ Masquerade Night : ¥536M /374K attendees

6️⃣ Fast &Furious 9 : ¥535M /352K attendees (Imported /🇺🇲 US)

7️⃣ Tokyo Revengers : ¥528M /386K attendees

8️⃣ Rurouni Kenshin: The Final : ¥526M /362K attendees

9️⃣ Godzilla vs. Kong : ¥464M /293K attendees (Imported /🇺🇲 US)

🔟 My Hero Academia: The World Heroes' Mission : ¥454M /335K attendees