Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

5 minutes ago, Olive said:

It's very presale-heavy, may end up only 55% of Conan 22 OD, but ticket price will be higher.

I don't think Conan is the best thing to compare to. 

iirc locals perform poorly on Friday's compared to the weekend as it's relatively new, whereas HWD's usually do well on Friday. 

Better comparison might be Endgame, as that was presale heavy too and Hollywood. (Only for % though, won't match absolutes)

2 minutes ago, Stewart said:

I don't think Conan is the best thing to compare to. 

iirc locals perform poorly on Friday's compared to the weekend as it's relatively new, whereas HWD's usually do well on Friday. 

Better comparison might be Endgame, as that was presale heavy too and Hollywood. (Only for % though, won't match absolutes)

OD about 40% of Endgame.

Just now, Olive said:

OD about 40% of Endgame.

Ouch. So that ends up with like ¥400m 2-day OW, would be #1 at least, but that's not great. 2014 did 2.23m adm. via Corpse, assuming a fairly high ATP gets somewhere around ¥3-3.5b for 2014. 

This could end up missing ¥2b if WOM is not good. Looks like another market with a big decline from 2014. Though this is only OD, so still chance for redemption.

Just now, Stewart said:

Ouch. So that ends up with like ¥400m 2-day OW, would be #1 at least, but that's not great. 2014 did 2.23m adm. via Corpse, assuming a fairly high ATP gets somewhere around ¥3-3.5b for 2014. 

This could end up missing ¥2b if WOM is not good. Looks like another market with a big decline from 2014. Though this is only OD, so still chance for redemption.

China and Japan are the only saviors for this movie. It's doing horrible numbers almost everywhere. Let's see how it'll do domestically.

I’m seeing around 2m usd(could be more as the night is still young in Japan) for opening day. Saturday is discount day. I see a strong 3 day in the works here.

Edited by Cookson

38 minutes ago, Stewart said:

GZ-2014 Did 29.9 M .. that Too in 2014 ...  Monster is A good Brand in Japan

• Like 1

Someone on the OS thread for KOTM says it's doing great in Japan, 9M+ opening weekend?

Two people talking about that actually:

Sunny Max:"3 Days OW Looking To $9 M+ Debut in Japan ... Excellent Start ... 3rd Best Western Film Start Of 2019 Year .." 

Cookson: 'KotM is killing it in Japan again on Sunday.. even after discount day. Could be looking at 40m+ there!'

Edited by TimmyRiggins

7 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's cool that Asia, at least, is delivering and seems to appreciate the sheer spectacle. I wonder why it's decreasing everywhere else it seems. 

You mean China and Japan? (And maybe Taiwan? I'm not sure). Cause it's disappointing too in the rest of Asia, including big market like South Korea. It's even underperforming in Indonesia, a market that loves action spectacle films. I expected it to open with at least $5m, but it only made $3.5 in its OW.

6 minutes ago, catlover said:

You mean China and Japan? (And maybe Taiwan? I'm not sure). Cause it's disappointing too in the rest of Asia, including big market like South Korea. It's even underperforming in Indonesia, a market that loves action spectacle films. I expected it to open with at least $5m, but it only made $3.5 in its OW.

Monster Series Lacking General Audience Appreciation ...  Life time In Indonesia Might Not Cross $6 M ... Right ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

Monster Series Lacking General Audience Appreciation ...  Life time In Indonesia Might Not Cross $6 M ... Right ???

I think it will get to $6m. But barely. Although I hope it will get at least 2x multiplier for a $7m total.

Japan BOX OFFICE Weekend :-

AEG Came in #10 Grossing $800K & Hitting $52.1 Million BOX OFFICE Cume ... Only $4 Million From Beating 2002's Spiderman ... Extra-Ordinary Run ..

Pikachu Came in #5 Grossing $1.4 Million & Hitting A $24.2 Million BOX OFFICE Cume ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

4x multi from Japan for KOTM will really help the OS-China multiplier. $35+ could play a big role in pushing this to $400 ww.

Yes ... The Local Rating Of KOTM Is 74 ... Which is More Then All Previous Monster Films .. So 4x Is Possible .. $35 To $40 Million

• Like 3