Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

Don't listen to him. 55M is close to a done deal.

Sir $700K still needed ....  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

350K or so weekend. Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Sir $700K still needed ....  

True. 

 

But it just made $370K+ over a 2 day period and dropped less than 30%. 

Given that the Japan marker is known for it's legs, and that Aladdin's breakout doesn't seem to be affecting it all that much, 2x the current weekend seems doable. 

 

I don't know much about Japan weekdays, but considering is consists of 5 days and a 2 day weekend, surely it must make some considerable cash over the 5 day period as well, even if not quite as much as over the 2 day weekend. 

Edited by VanillaSkies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

True. 

 

But it just made $370K+ over a 2 day period and dropped less than 30%. 

Given that the Japan marker is known for it's legs, and that Aladdin's breakout doesn't seem to be affecting it all that much, 2x the current weekend seems doable. 

 

I don't know much about Japan weekdays, but considering is consists of 5 days and a 2 day weekend, surely it must make some considerable cash over the 5 day period as well, even if not quite as much as over the 2 day weekend. 

Yeah true  ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catlover said:

 

So according to eiga.com, the higher-than-expected reported cume for Aladdin (which was $32.6M) was actually underestimated.

 

Actuals for June 15 - 16

Aladdin: ¥1.099B ($10M+) / ¥3.585B ($33M+)

Only 2% drop!

Does $10m+ for Sat-Sun mean it increased from last weekend's 2-day gross?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Does $10m+ for Sat-Sun mean it increased from last weekend's 2-day gross?

Last Weekend's Actual was $10.3M.

 

We'll be able to confirm when Corpse post's his actuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Last Weekend's Actual was $10.3M.

 

We'll be able to confirm when Corpse post's his actuals.

this weekend estimated gross is $9.75 M ...  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aladdin Update:

 

1st Monday: 109,847

2nd Monday: 90,060

 

BATB 2nd Monday: 190,863 😮  (Must have been a holiday or something)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

this weekend estimated gross is $9.75 M ...  

Ah I see, I was wondering where the 10M+ was coming from, not aware of the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Ah I see, I was wondering where the 10M+ was coming from, not aware of the source.

Actually different figures from different sources .. confusion all around .. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj99 said:

Aladdin Update:

 

1st Monday: 109,847

2nd Monday: 90,060

 

BATB 2nd Monday: 190,863 😮  (Must have been a holiday or something)

Yep, that was the first day of Golden Week. A luxury Aladdin won't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj99 said:

Ah I see, I was wondering where the 10M+ was coming from, not aware of the source.

 

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

Actually different figures from different sources .. confusion all around .. 

No need for confusion. The numbers from eiga.com are the official reported actuals from Japan. Those will be exactly the same everywhere, including Corpse's chart. Aladdin did make ¥1.099B on the 2-day weekend, which is converted to $10M+.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, catlover said:

 

No need for confusion. The numbers from eiga.com are the official reported actuals from Japan. Those will be exactly the same everywhere, including Corpse's chart. Aladdin did make ¥1.099B on the 2-day weekend, which is converted to $10M+.

1st weekend actual $10.3 M ... so 2nd weekend $10 M+ ... means only 2% drop

 

 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jj99 said:

Aladdin Update:

 

1st Monday: 109,847

2nd Monday: 90,060

 

BATB 2nd Monday: 190,863 😮  (Must have been a holiday or something)

I posted this before, but I'll post it again because this is important. At this point, BatB had entered the Golden Week holidays period, which lasted for about a week, while Aladdin will not have any holiday boost at all. And that's why, it will be hard for Aladdin to match BatB's total.

Edited by catlover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, catlover said:

I posted this before, but I'll post it again because this is important. At this point, BatB had entered the Golden Week holidays, which lasted for about a week, while Aladdin will not have any holiday boost at all.

Right ... BATB had huge advantage . (Golden week holidays) ... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Corpse:
Image
(C)2018 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Weekend Actuals (06/15-16)
01 (01) ¥1,097,069,100 ($10.1 million), -02%, ¥3,582,957,700 ($33.0 million), Aladdin (Disney) WK2
02 (---) ¥275,000,000 ($2.5 million), 0, ¥365,556,200 ($3.3 million), Men in Black International (Sony) NEW
03 (02) ¥211,085,100 ($1.9 million), -44%, ¥2,211,821,700 ($20.5 million), Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Toho) WK3
04 (---) ¥146,019,260 ($1.3 million), 0, ¥146,019,260 ($1.3 million), Girls und Panzer: Finale - Chapter 2 (Showgate) NEW
05 (03) ¥144,372,400 ($1.3 million), -30%, ¥2,509,025,900 ($23.0 million), The Confidence Man JP (Toho) WK5
06 (---) ¥101,021,440 ($930,000), 0, ¥101,021,440 ($930,000), Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (Aniplex) NEW
07 (---) ¥x75,000,000 ($690,000), 0, ¥120,000,000 ($1.1 million), Uta no Prince-sama The Movie: Maji LOVE Kingdom (Shochiku) NEW
08 (09) ¥x57,684,000 ($531,000), -12%, ¥494,277,000 ($4.5 million), Promare (Toho) WK4
09 (04) x¥56,433,000 ($520,000), -32%, ¥241,129,200 ($2.2 million), Sea Beast Children (Toho Video Division) WK2
10 (06) ¥x53,306,000 ($491,000), -33%, ¥5,471,938,400 ($49.3 million), Kingdom (Toho/Sony) WK9
11 (05) ¥x47,564,500 ($438,000), -42%, ¥1,049,358,000 ($9.6 million), Aircraft Carrier Ibuki (Kino Films) WK4
12 (07) ¥x46,189,200 ($425,000), -41%, ¥2,879,794,700 ($26.4 million), Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (Toho) WK7


>Aladdin claimed the #1 spot in spectacular fashion once again, selling a further 757,217 admissions, achieving an incredible second weekend hold to become only the fourteenth film to achieve a second weekend above the ¥1 billion milestone. It earned itself the 9th-Biggest Second Weekend of All-Time. So far, Aladdin is performing very similarly to its studio predecessors, Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland, and has a good shot at reaching the ¥10 billion ($90 million) milestone.

>Men in Black International debuts in second place to a disappointing result. The fourth film in the popular(?) franchise sold 188,000 admissions over the weekend frame across 732 screens. It sold 256,633 admissions since opening on Friday. This debut is 52% below Men in Black III, and since I expect legs to be worse, it could potentially finish 60% below its predecessor. Expect a disappointing finish around ¥1.5 billion (~$15 million).  

>Girls und Panzer: Finale - Chapter 2 did very well, selling an impressive 118,587 admissions over the weekend on just 60 screens. This opening is actually 3% above Chapter 1, which is pretty rare for sequels in multi-part finale series'. It's very hard to project totals for nigh-exclusive fanbase, or otaku, anime films since they can have fan events/giveaways throughout their run which provide big boosts, and while ¥1 billion (~$10 million) won't be easy to reach, it certainly could do it.

>Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl might just be the most impressive performance at the box-office this weekend. The limited release anime film managed to break the ¥100 million mark over the weekend on just 31 screens. And while that's an incredible feat, it sold through an astonishing 87% of its available tickets over the weekend, selling 66,630. As I mentioned yesterday, it's not uncommon for limited release anime films to sell the majority of their available tickets, but an 87% is incredible.

 

Edited by jj99
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Omni said:

350K or so weekend. Japan.

Easy $56-57mn in that case. Shall easily do 5x the weekend number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jj99 said:
Corpse:
Image
(C)2018 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Weekend Actuals (06/15-16)
01 (01) ¥1,097,069,100 ($10.1 million), -02%, ¥3,582,957,700 ($33.0 million), Aladdin (Disney) WK2
02 (---) ¥275,000,000 ($2.5 million), 0, ¥365,556,200 ($3.3 million), Men in Black International (Sony) NEW
03 (02) ¥211,085,100 ($1.9 million), -44%, ¥2,211,821,700 ($20.5 million), Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Toho) WK3
04 (---) ¥146,019,260 ($1.3 million), 0, ¥146,019,260 ($1.3 million), Girls und Panzer: Finale - Chapter 2 (Showgate) NEW
05 (03) ¥144,372,400 ($1.3 million), -30%, ¥2,509,025,900 ($23.0 million), The Confidence Man JP (Toho) WK5
06 (---) ¥101,021,440 ($930,000), 0, ¥101,021,440 ($930,000), Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (Aniplex) NEW
07 (---) ¥x75,000,000 ($690,000), 0, ¥120,000,000 ($1.1 million), Uta no Prince-sama The Movie: Maji LOVE Kingdom (Shochiku) NEW
08 (09) ¥x57,684,000 ($531,000), -12%, ¥494,277,000 ($4.5 million), Promare (Toho) WK4
09 (04) x¥56,433,000 ($520,000), -32%, ¥241,129,200 ($2.2 million), Sea Beast Children (Toho Video Division) WK2
10 (06) ¥x53,306,000 ($491,000), -33%, ¥5,471,938,400 ($49.3 million), Kingdom (Toho/Sony) WK9
11 (05) ¥x47,564,500 ($438,000), -42%, ¥1,049,358,000 ($9.6 million), Aircraft Carrier Ibuki (Kino Films) WK4
12 (07) ¥x46,189,200 ($425,000), -41%, ¥2,879,794,700 ($26.4 million), Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (Toho) WK7


>Aladdin claimed the #1 spot in spectacular fashion once again, selling a further 757,217 admissions, achieving an incredible second weekend hold to become only the fourteenth film to achieve a second weekend above the ¥1 billion milestone. It earned itself the 9th-Biggest Second Weekend of All-Time. So far, Aladdin is performing very similarly to its studio predecessors, Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland, and has a good shot at reaching the ¥10 billion ($90 million) milestone.

>Men in Black International debuts in second place to a disappointing result. The fourth film in the popular(?) franchise sold 188,000 admissions over the weekend frame across 732 screens. It sold 256,633 admissions since opening on Friday. This debut is 52% below Men in Black III, and since I expect legs to be worse, it could potentially finish 60% below its predecessor. Expect a disappointing finish around ¥1.5 billion (~$15 million).  

>Girls und Panzer: Finale - Chapter 2 did very well, selling an impressive 118,587 admissions over the weekend on just 60 screens. This opening is actually 3% above Chapter 1, which is pretty rare for sequels in multi-part finale series'. It's very hard to project totals for nigh-exclusive fanbase, or otaku, anime films since they can have fan events/giveaways throughout their run which provide big boosts, and while ¥1 billion (~$10 million) won't be easy to reach, it certainly could do it.

>Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl might just be the most impressive performance at the box-office this weekend. The limited release anime film managed to break the ¥100 million mark over the weekend on just 31 screens. And while that's an incredible feat, it sold through an astonishing 87% of its available tickets over the weekend, selling 66,630. As I mentioned yesterday, it's not uncommon for limited release anime films to sell the majority of their available tickets, but an 87% is incredible.

 

so Actual 2nd weekend gross of Aladdin is $10.1 M ... Phenomenal 

 

@catlover ... you were right ...  :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully KotM squeezes itself to 30m. Will definitely need that extra 10 for any chance at 400m WW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.