Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

6 hours ago, pepsa said:

So now what do I think it will drop from $10.71m, I woudl say with no competition probably about 12% this would be $9.42m but it has huge competition so I would think 28% to about $7.71m. This would mean a 39.3% from last weeks Holiday weekend. I just hope it won't drop over 45%.  

I'm guessing around a similar drop too with Toy Story 4 losing about 30% of its seats this weekend (including the biggest screens at every theater).  

22 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I meant Toy Story 4 is losing 30% of its seats this upcoming weekend because Weathering with You is taking a lot of the screens.

So it's aiming for a ¥12B~¥13B total? Finding Dory, TS3, and Monsters University all did ten times their second weekends grosses after their second weekends

Just now, MeowwoeM said:

So it's aiming for a ¥12B~¥13B total? Finding Dory, TS3, and Monsters University all did ten times their second weekends grosses after their second weekends

Yes, that would be a very reasonable prediction at this point. 

• Like 1

ディズニー実写『アラジン』令和初の興収100億円超え

ディズニー・アニメーション映画の名作を実写映画化した『アラジン』が、6月7日の公開から41日目のきのう7月17日で興行収入100億円を突破したことが明らかになった。令和公開作品としては初の100億円作品となった。 

『アナと雪の女王』『アリス・イン・ワンダーランド』の37日間に次ぐディズニー史上2番目の早さでの大台突破。最終興行収入124億円、大ヒットの記憶も新しい『美女と野獣』の42日間での達成をも上回る早さであり、まさにディズニー映画史上に残る作品となっている。 

5週連続で週末興行成績1位を達成した後、『トイ・ストーリー4』に1位をバトンタッチしているが勢いはまだまだ止まらず、7月17 日までで興行収入100億309万9800円、動員702万1270 人を記録。驚異的な維持率で、今後もどこまで記録を伸ばせるか注目される。 

Aladdin is the first ¥10 billion level film in the era of 令和. 

2nd fastest-to-10B in Disney history, only behind Frozen & Alice(37 days). It took BATB 42 days to achieve that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Olive said:

Sad news for anime fans and everyone else 

At least 33 people dead, dozens injured in suspected arson at Kyoto anime studio
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/18/national/dozens-injured-fire-kyoto-anime-studio-man-questioned-police/#.XTBuE-gzY2w

So sad, especially because it was has one of the better reputations among animation studios (it’s staff are on salary rather than contractors), hope the families and survivors get a huge amount of support. RIP to those that passed.

24 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

$20m 3-day

I thought about that too, but I don't know. Still too early. For now ¥2b ($18.5m) in 3 days.

Btw,

WWY full Friday: 208,996

TS4 first Friday: 146,259

WWY is 43% over TS4 for the full day

I'm scared for TS4 though. It dropped more than 50% on Friday at the usual locations, thanks to WWY. I hope it won't drop more than 40% for the 2-day weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, catlover said:

I thought about that too, but I don't know. Still too early. For now ¥2b ($18.5m) in 3 days.

Btw,

I'm scared for TS4 though. It dropped more than 50% on Friday at the usual locations, thanks to WWY. I hope it won't drop more than 40% for the 2-day weekend.

Yep I love that crazy OD by WWY, but I really want TS4 to do great. 

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Btw,

If TS4 drops 50%, would you say $90M is now in danger?

WwY Sat should be above TS4 Opening Sat but not that much based on presales, followed by a lower Sun because of no holiday. I would guess ¥1.3-1.4b weekend and ¥1.7-1.85b three day debut. For TS4 ¥800m second weekend seems safe.

Edited by ymblcza
  • Like 1