Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

4 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

He's a great resource and plenty of people find the stats interesting. 

I think you're in quite the minority here. 

I don't know maybe it's just me. I like perfectionism and everything in perfect balance. I don't like things that are allover the place. 

I am not so much into amaturism but all in all hope he ups his game and takes the critic to better himself. :hahaha:

Edited by Geo1500
  • Knock It Off 11

You've got to be kidding me. Corpse is the preeminent source when it comes to the Japanese box office, so much so that other publications frequently link to the numbers he has compiled. What you are posting is not only disrespectful but highly ungrateful. Corpse doesn't have to do anything for us, but he's devoted countless hours and his own money (for the subscription service to access the box office numbers) to compiling this expansive database of statistics. 

Also, your main criticism has already been nullified by others here. There is nothing wrong with the actuals he's been posting. Adjusting by weekly ER makes his numbers far more accurate to the true number earned by studios than the faulty method sites such as BOM use to report OS numbers (adjusting the total by current ER). There is absolutely nothing amateurish about the way he's reporting numbers. He's more professional than most paid box office analysts. 

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

You've got to be kidding me. Corpse is the preeminent source when it comes to the Japanese box office, so much so that other publications frequently link to the numbers he has compiled. What you are posting is not only disrespectful but highly ungrateful. Corpse doesn't have to do anything for us, but he's devoted countless hours and his own money (for the subscription service to access the box office numbers) to compiling this expansive database of statistics. 

Also, your main criticism has already been nullified by others here. There is nothing wrong with the actuals he's been posting. Adjusting by weekly ER makes his numbers far more accurate to the true number earned by studios than the faulty method sites such as BOM use to report OS numbers (adjusting the total by current ER). There is absolutely nothing amateurish about the way he's reporting numbers. He's more professional than most paid box office analysts. 

I just don't wanna drag this and I wanted it to be as subtle as possible hence why I avoided throwing the math book at him but he will understand what I mean and thats the most important thing. It's just very minor error calculation we are all humans and make mistakes hopefully he learns from it thats the whole message nothing major really. Error is on a minor scale I wanted to give him heads up so it dosen't repeat in future events

Edited by Geo1500

15 hours ago, cannastop said:

Really? Like who?

I've seen several of the main box office trades use the specific yen and admissions numbers he has compiled before. While not referencing him specifically, it's very likely his site was used as the source. These specific numbers are difficult to access otherwise for a non-native speaker and even then, the information you can find is quite limited unless you are a subscriber. 

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't find him to be useful. He also goes in rampage just posting stats of 100 pages that nobody asked for? He should just keep it simple and chill with that

If you're that bothered by it, you can stop visiting this thread. 

The rest of us really appreciate his numbers, and having figures in both local and US currency is more than what a lot of the other foreign threads provide. 

He is doing us all a service, and I for one agree with the others when saying we thank him for this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

great OW for WWY. hope it finishes closer to 15B than 10B.

btw I just noticed that Japan has 2-day and 3-day opening weekends separated which is really weird.. why is that? is the official weekend only Friday>Saturday?  

Official weekend frame is Saturday + Sunday in Japan. Traditionally, Sunday is the biggest box office day of the week followed by Saturday. Friday (with the exception of fan driven openings) is not even the strongest weekday, being behind both Wednesday and Monday usually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

great OW for WWY. hope it finishes closer to 15B than 10B.

btw I just noticed that Japan has 2-day and 3-day opening weekends separated which is really weird.. why is that? is the official weekend only Friday>Saturday?  

most movies open on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't find him to be useful. He also goes in rampage just posting stats of 100 pages that nobody asked for? He should just keep it simple and chill with that

2 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't know maybe it's just me. I like perfectionism and everything in perfect balance. I don't like things that are allover the place. 

I am not so much into amaturism but all in all hope he ups his game and takes the critic to better himself. :hahaha:

Seriously?? That's like saying someone gives you 3 bottles of clean water in the middle of the desert, and you say, "Nah, I'm good. It's too much water and it's not the perfect water for me." Like, wow. How very ungrateful. Criticizing is okay for improvement, but your critics are based on nothing. All of us here think all the numbers provided are very useful and accurate. You're not needing it doesn't mean "nobody asked for it". If you think Corpse is useless then good luck finding other sources that can give you better data. Spoiler alert: you won't.

Sorry for the rant. I was triggered and needed to say something because Corpse isn't here to defend him/herself.

• Like 8

I have that user on my 'Ignore' list but since many suddenly responded to him, I can't help but take a peek at his comments, and sure enough, those comments are distasteful. Very ungrateful. I hope for the ban hammer to pounce.

Just now, cannastop said:

Is anyone keeping up with how Weathering With You and Toy Story 4 are doing on the weekdays?

Looks good for both. Summer vacation has fully started now, so kid-skewing films are seeing a big increase over last week. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UserHN said:

I have that user on my 'Ignore' list but since many suddenly responded to him, I can't help but take a peek at his comments, and sure enough, those comments are distasteful. Very ungrateful. I hope for the ban hammer to pounce.

Lately I have seen more and more people (mostly newbies), who themselves make no valuable contribution or provide any worthwhile data or analysis, criticize those people that do provide these things. This entitlement and ungratefulness is ridiculously annoying. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lately I have seen more and more people (mostly newbies), who themselves make no valuable contribution or provide any worthwhile data or analysis, criticize those people that do provide these things. This entitlement and ungratefulness is ridiculously annoying. 

Funny thing is, if someone would notice an actual mistake and help the person responsible to fix it for the future, or if said someone had an idea on how to make the offered data even better, this would actually be really helpful. But no, bitching and moaning it is instead. Which is even more annoying when the complaints aren't even correct.

• Like 2

Calm down your tities folks it was just a minor detail :ohmygod::hahaha:

Btw it looks good for TS4 I am loving these increases and I am starting to believe 100M is possible for woody and co. Thats great news for the house of mouse. I think the increase happen due to schools being closed

Edited by Geo1500