Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

19 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

I think screendaily weekend numbers is from Friday to Sunday, while in Japan (Titanic2187 graphic) they consider weekend only Saturday and Sunday.

It does make sense, in Friday it make around $800-850k, so maybe

57 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

I think screendaily weekend numbers is from Friday to Sunday, while in Japan (Titanic2187 graphic) they consider weekend only Saturday and Sunday.

yes, in Southeast Asia, conventionally only Sat and Sun count as Weekend, and Japan certainly follows this convention. 

• ...wtf 1

42 minutes ago, teard1972 said:

yes, in Southeast Asia, conventionally only Sat and Sun count as Weekend, and Japan certainly follows this convention. 

I dont know any other market that reports 2 day BO weekend. RTH has posted multiple times on this including in this thread.

Anyway on Japan, I feel Joker is going to have 10x multi. That is amazing for SH movie. But this is not behaving like one.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont know any other market that reports 2 day BO weekend. RTH has posted multiple times on this including in this thread.

Anyway on Japan, I feel Joker is going to have 10x multi. That is amazing for SH movie. But this is not behaving like one.

Don't know about Japanese movie release but Joker still have 4 weekend until Frozen release. I know it targets different demographic but still that movie will take a lot of screen especially in Japan.

Hopefully this week some of the screen that been given to Mal2 will be back to Joker because occupancy rate for Mal2 is far below like only 10-20% and Joker still in 38-50% or even if it doesn't come back, just hope Joker still retain it's screen number until early November to maximize one more holiday.

Lastly if Joker wants to get into 10x multi so 50m. It needs to keep dropping at least below 20%. So far 40 seems locked, and 45m most likely finish.

12 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Don't know about Japanese movie release but Joker still have 4 weekend until Frozen release. I know it targets different demographic but still that movie will take a lot of screen especially in Japan.

Hopefully this week some of the screen that been given to Mal2 will be back to Joker because occupancy rate for Mal2 is far below like only 10-20% and Joker still in 38-50% or even if it doesn't come back, just hope Joker still retain it's screen number until early November to maximize one more holiday.

Lastly if Joker wants to get into 10x multi so 50m. It needs to keep dropping at least below 20%. So far 40 seems locked, and 45m most likely finish.

I thought frozen is releasing post new year. Anyway Japan is one market that can handle multiple movies at the same time

17 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I thought frozen is releasing post new year. Anyway Japan is one market that can handle multiple movies at the same time

I also thought it will release in March like 2014 but maybe they want to maximize Thanksgiving and Christmas  holiday rather than just wait 10 weeks from March until Golden Weeks.

Actually Frozen is the one that make me take interest with BO and follow this site back in 2013 with its crazy run in SK and legendary run in Japan. That's why I'm quite familiar with this market.

Hopefully Joker will get at least 1/5 of what Frozen gets in 2014 and in 15th weeks DVD/Bluray release announcement won't cut it legs 😜

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

Gemini Man will be released in 3 days at  328 theaters(a very wide release) and Terminator Dark Fate on November 8th.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Gemini Man will release in 3 days at  328 theaters(a very wide release) and Terminator Dark Fate on November 8th.

Yup, but still think Gemini won't do that much maybe 1.5-2m at best. Also Mal 2 still have so many screens right now. With Mal 2 underperform, hope it take most of them from Mal 2 .  I think Terminator will be a bigger challenge but if Joker WOM is as good as in japanese social media says, it can endure it. 

Will be interested to see total seats for Friday.

58 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

we still do that in Taiwan locally, 

http://dorama.info/drama/d_box_office.php 

anyway, I notice that even mainland China counts 3-day weekend BO now, but in everyday conversation, only Sat and Sun are Weekend. Friday is full working day for most people.  

8 minutes ago, teard1972 said:

we still do that in Taiwan locally, 

http://dorama.info/drama/d_box_office.php 

anyway, I notice that even mainland China counts 3-day weekend BO now, but in everyday conversation, only Sat and Sun are Weekend. Friday is full working day for most people.  

That link shows Japan BO. That I know does 2 day weekend. Does Taiwan also do that. We dont even have a thread for Taiwan. @Olive posts updates to Taiwan BO in HK thread. May be if you are from Taiwan create a new thread and start providing updates. That would be awesome.

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That link shows Japan BO. That I know does 2 day weekend. Does Taiwan also do that. We dont even have a thread for Taiwan. @Olive posts updates to Taiwan BO in HK thread. May be if you are from Taiwan create a new thread and start providing updates. That would be awesome.

the thing about Taiwan BO is that, only Taipei gets daily reports. by year end, we get to have a total grossing chart for top 20 or something. 

here is the daily report:

https://www.facebook.com/taipeibo/

as you can see, we count 10/19-10/20 together as Weekend BO.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, teard1972 said:

the thing about Taiwan BO is that, only Taipei gets daily reports. by year end, we get to have a total grossing chart for top 20 or something. 

here is the daily report:

https://www.facebook.com/taipeibo/

as you can see, we count 10/19-10/20 together as Weekend BO.

How much Joker total so far in Taiwan ?

2 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

I also thought it will release in March like 2014 but maybe they want to maximize Thanksgiving and Christmas  holiday rather than just wait 10 weeks from March until Golden Weeks.

But there are no Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in Japan. Only Year-End/New Year holiday. They could capitalize that, but then it has to compete with Star Wars, another Disney movie. Maybe Disney just needs the money as early as possible.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, catlover said:

But there are no Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in Japan. Only Year-End/New Year holiday. They could capitalize that, but then it has to compete with Star Wars, another Disney movie. Maybe Disney just needs the money as early as possible.

Japanese contributed US250m for Frozen, biggest among overseas market. 

I don't think it is too much to reward japanese the chance of seeing frozen 2 without long waiting. 

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1214219.html

this article said that Joker has grossed over ¥ 3 billion, and a final total of ¥ 5 billion is in reach/possible/a maybe...

in addition to being the first cbm to be three-week  #1 since Spider-Man 3, it's very rare for a R 15 movie to be at top spot for so long. It didn't say what R 15 movies in the past managed to do so though. 

Edited by teard1972
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, teard1972 said:

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1214219.html

this article said that Joker has grossed over ¥ 3 billion, and a final total of ¥ 5 billion is in reach/possible/a maybe...

in addition to being the first cbm to be three-week  #1, it's very rare for a R 15 movie to be at top spot for so long. It didn't say what R 15 movies in the past managed to do so though. 

¥ 3 billion, so around $ 27.7m, yup yesterday it already past $ 27.7m.

25.1m by Sunday 

950kMonday

1.75m Tuesday 

That article said from October 4th-22nd, so with today (October 23rd ) gross it should past $28m, around $ 28.7m. 

6 minutes ago, teard1972 said:

ofc Joker cosplay/makeup is everywhere, Halloween is going to be a Joker circle. 

this one is prettiest~ have to share~~ she's a fashion model. 

Is Japan celebrate Halloween or some kind of special day in their calendar ?