Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well, seems like Harry Potter: Chamber of Secret will be best film comp to look at.

  Frozen 2 Change Harry Potter 2 Change
Week 1 $26,313,000   $25,946,262  
Week 2 $19,175,000 -27.13% $18,371,922 -29.19%
Week 3 $14,250,000 -25.68% $15,598,670 -15.10%
Week 4 $12,113,000 -15.00% $14,528,146 -6.86%
Week 5 $10,296,000 -15.00% $16,376,000 12.72%
Week 6 $11,840,000 15.00% $17,111,291 4.49%
Week 7 $7,696,000 -35.00% $11,483,624 -32.89%
Week 8 $5,002,000 -35.01% $7,943,136 -30.83%
Week 9 $3,752,000 -24.99% $4,702,327 -40.80%
Week 10 $2,251,000 -40.01% $1,709,868 -63.64%
Rest $9,004,000   $11,228,754  
         
Total $121,692,000       $145,000,000  

In its 4th week HP2 had just a 7% drop. Let's see if F2 can score under 15% drop. Increase in Week 5 may be tough due to TROS but I won't be surprised if it does. More hopeful for over WWY now

.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Kids and students 10 days off?


Yes. Starting last week of December (around Christmas) to first week of January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KP1025 said:


Yes. Starting last week of December (around Christmas) to first week of January. 

Just checked the calendar. If so, then from 23th to 29th Dec, schools are off? Then the following week is new year week.... so this is almost 2 weeks.... can function like Spring break?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Just checked the calendar. If so, then from 23th to 29th Dec, schools are off? Then the following week is new year week.... so this is almost 2 weeks.... can function like Spring break?

I think the winter break for students is more like December 27- January 6 if I'm not mistaken. It overlaps with the New Years holidays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Just checked the calendar. If so, then from 23th to 29th Dec, schools are off? Then the following week is new year week.... so this is almost 2 weeks.... can function like Spring break?

Winter holidays should be a bit bigger than spring break imo, if I have to guess it will double its weekdays on previous week. Then on new year week with holidays, it will be even bigger than that probably 1.5x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I think the winter break for students is more like December 27- January 6 if I'm not mistaken. It overlaps with the New Years holidays. 

I just used google to do some search.

Some websites say schools are off (winter break) from around christmas day (24th-25th Dec till 7th Jan). Yes and it overslaps with New Year vacation or Bank holiday.

But there are some websites (in my mother language) say school can be off till 14th Jan ??

So, we have 21th Dec sat 22th Dec sun, then 23th Dec mon (normal day), then start from 24th Dec Tue, winter break somehow can happen...

Edited by danhtruong5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I just used google to do some search.

Some websites say schools are off (winter break) from around christmas day (24th-25th Dec till 7th Jan). Yes and it overslaps with New Year vacation or Bank holiday.

But there are some websites (in my mother language) say school can be off till 14th Jan ??

 

It seems the dates vary by school, but generally winter break is 2 weeks. Last week of December + first week of January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's a small chance that Frozen2 Japan is under Frozen2 China? Phew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my country (also in Asia), December is exam period (vary by school but generally, it starts from the end of 1st week to Christmas day).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

 

It seems the dates vary by school, but generally winter break is 2 weeks. Last week of December + first week of January. 

Also the weekend after winter holiday (+new year holiday) can be strong because the monday after that is a national holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, a2k said:

So there's a small chance that Frozen2 Japan is under Frozen2 China? Phew.

No I don't see there is any after seeing HP2 comp.

Edit: That's assuming China remain below 120😛 i.e. not given extension.

 

 

Edited by Jedi Jat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School holidays in Japan:

Spring break: last 7 days of March and first 7 days of April.

Summer break: last 7 days of July and the whole August.

Winter break (overslap with New Year holiday): last 7 days of December and first 7 days of January.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294232-i525-k12634623-School_Holidays_2020-Japan.html

 

Edited by PKMLover
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

Just checked the calendar. If so, then from 23th to 29th Dec, schools are off? Then the following week is new year week.... so this is almost 2 weeks.... can function like Spring break?

Yes, on the last week of December, weekdays will be strong, but New year holiday will be waaay bigger than spring break. Not only schools are off, offices are closed too. It's one of the 3 biggest weeks for box office in Japan, aside from Golden Week and Obon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, a2k said:

So there's a small chance that Frozen2 Japan is under Frozen2 China? Phew.

How is that even remotely possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Noctis said:

How is that even remotely possible?

If China clears $115mn after given an extension and Japan do say, 5% weaker than this comp.

 

Spoiler
20 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

Well, seems like Harry Potter: Chamber of Secret will be best film comp to look at.

 

  Frozen 2 Change Harry Potter 2 Change
Week 1 $26,313,000   $25,946,262  
Week 2 $19,175,000 -27.13% $18,371,922 -29.19%
Week 3 $14,250,000 -25.68% $15,598,670 -15.10%
Week 4 $12,113,000 -15.00% $14,528,146 -6.86%
Week 5 $10,296,000 -15.00% $16,376,000 12.72%
Week 6 $11,840,000 15.00% $17,111,291 4.49%
Week 7 $7,696,000 -35.00% $11,483,624 -32.89%
Week 8 $5,002,000 -35.01% $7,943,136 -30.83%
Week 9 $3,752,000 -24.99% $4,702,327 -40.80%
Week 10 $2,251,000 -40.01% $1,709,868 -63.64%
Rest $9,004,000   $11,228,754  
         
Total $121,692,000       $145,000,000  

 

In its 4th week HP2 had just a 7% drop. Let's see if F2 can score under 15% drop. Increase in Week 5 may be tough due to TROS but I won't be surprised if it does. More hopeful for over WWY now

.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

If China clears $115mn after given an extension and Japan do say, 5% weaker than this comp.

 

  Hide contents
  Frozen 2 Change Harry Potter 2 Change
Week 1 $26,313,000   $25,946,262  
Week 2 $19,175,000 -27.13% $18,371,922 -29.19%
Week 3 $14,250,000 -25.68% $15,598,670 -15.10%
Week 4 $12,113,000 -15.00% $14,528,146 -6.86%
Week 5 $10,296,000 -15.00% $16,376,000 12.72%
Week 6 $11,840,000 15.00% $17,111,291 4.49%
Week 7 $7,696,000 -35.00% $11,483,624 -32.89%
Week 8 $5,002,000 -35.01% $7,943,136 -30.83%
Week 9 $3,752,000 -24.99% $4,702,327 -40.80%
Week 10 $2,251,000 -40.01% $1,709,868 -63.64%
Rest $9,004,000   $11,228,754  
         
Total $121,692,000       $145,000,000  

 

In its 4th week HP2 had just a 7% drop. Let's see if F2 can score under 15% drop. Increase in Week 5 may be tough due to TROS but I won't be surprised if it does. More hopeful for over WWY now

.

 

 

Those week 6 and 7 should get much better increase than that with upcoming school and new year holidays. If it keeps dropping only 15% next 2 weeks, >140m should be possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By Sunday:

 

Admissions F1 4.340.758 - F2 4.668.540

Gross F1 5,28 BYen - F2 6,01 BYen

 

By next Sunday:

 

Admissions F1 6.353.001 - F2  ??????

Gross F1 7,71 BYen - F2  ??????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great hold today, -17% from last Tuesday. Possibly related to Golden Globes nominations.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still confident this movie will be over WwY, japanese just take their time to watch this film, plus sing-along version will propel its gross further 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Great hold today, -17% from last Tuesday. Possibly related to Golden Globes nominations.

How long can this effect last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.