Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

23 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=JP&id=amazingspiderman2.htm

I'm no Japan expert. I know Olive and corpse are when it comes to box office. With that said, Homecoming from what I'm understanding did $3m OD, then it's with a nearly 30% drop would be around $2.1m Sat, if it manages to make $1.5m Sun, that would be around $6.5m. I'd argue that Spidey is one of the few western superheroes that they love, so if TASM2 went from $4.1m to $30m, I'm not sure how Homecoming couldn't have a shot at topping that. 

It doesn't bold well if it's under TASM2 .... It needs Japan/China to match or exceed TASM2 to beat SM3 ww.

23 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=JP&id=amazingspiderman2.htm

I'm no Japan expert. I know Olive and corpse are when it comes to box office. With that said, Homecoming from what I'm understanding did $3m OD, then it's with a nearly 30% drop would be around $2.1m Sat, if it manages to make $1.5m Sun, that would be around $6.5m. I'd argue that Spidey is one of the few western superheroes that they love, so if TASM2 went from $4.1m to $30m, I'm not sure how Homecoming couldn't have a shot at topping that. 

$3m OD is the lowest in the Spidey series. I think there is a reason to be low:
- The actors are not beautiful, especially the actress (Peter's girlfriend).
- There are no swinging scenes in the city.
- Peter Holland of tom holland plays unfamiliar because they have never read Comics. TASM1, 2 is the same. Apparently they still liked Tobey Maguire even unlike comics.

Is there another reason? China, I’m not really sure:

Edited by san-ko
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Subzero said:

It doesn't bold well if it's under TASM2 .... It needs Japan/China to match or exceed TASM2 to beat SM3 ww.

This jump to $395m WITHOUT China and with Japan just starting surprised the hell out of me. It's probably unaccounted money from before. I think that Japan will be leggier than most are foreseeing now, and I don't think it will make "just" more $20m domestically. More like $25m to $30m. What I'm seeing 

$330m-$335m dom

$410m os (without Japan/China)

$32m Japan

$120m China

It will be very close, but I'm honestly seeing signs that it'll get there.

13 minutes ago, Rth Atmos said:

Holiday

wkend (inclu Fri prev) about us7.1m over 500k admits, Monday will be up slightly on sunday

God has spoken on the Weekend domestic thread. The Monday being up from Sunday seems like good news to me. Not sure what Olive and corpse take away from it. 

5 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

God has spoken on the Weekend domestic thread. The Monday being up from Sunday seems like good news to me. Not sure what Olive and corpse take away from it. 

Sounds like a 2 mill + monday

Spider-Man: Homecoming” and “Despicable Me 3” both claimed victory at the Japanese box officeover the weekend. Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Homecoming” debuted at number one by box office, but was second by admissions.

Released on Friday, “Homecoming” made $4.01 million on 290,000 admissions for its opening Aug. 12-13 weekend and $7.08 million in three days. This was 7% better than “The Amazing Spiderman 2,” which ended its Japan run with $28.7 million. “Homecoming” is expected to finish around $30 million.

Japanese charts, which rank titles by ticket sales, put “Despicable Me 3” on top for the fourth straight weekend. Distributed by Toho Towa, the film earned $3.7 million on 328,000 admissions for the Aug. 12-13 frame. Its cumulative cash total extends to $38.4 million. The film now looks likely to finish near $60 million, ahead of the $47.5 million franchise record holder “Despicable Me.”

VARIETY 

CC: @Asyulus

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

But in western countries the last day of a holiday usually is lower than the Sunday that precede it. At least from me reading about box office results from NA. 

Today tuesday is the last Obon day. Not monday

8/14/17 DM3 analysis: Assuming DM3 adds another like $20m on JP, the worldwide cume is $941m. $10m from US makes it $951m. Italy, Greece and Turkey has yet to open, but they should do $28m combined, putting the cume in $979m. UK adds another $5m = $984m. China adds another $2m = $986m. SK gives $3m therefore $989m. Brazil gives it $5.5m = $994.5m. Argentina $3.5m = $998m. France $3m = $1.001b. No idea about the rest of the markets.

:sadben:

@MinaTakla. Is your analysis done? Keep in mind about China numbers.

Edited by Asyulus

4 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

But in western countries the last day of a holiday usually is lower than the Sunday that precede it. At least from me reading about box office results from NA. 

Wednesday will be the last day ...

Edited by efialtes76