AniNate

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 6/8/2012

700M WW?People talking about 1 billion WW?Are they circus-crazy?What kind of dom/ww ratio should we end with to get 1B?!Dom, Mad3 won't reach a 3 multi i think.

1B is unlikely, but IMO, it is a possibilty.

Yep, which is why Mad3 is not opening in my most European countries until the end of the summer.

Fox is crazy for releasing Prometheus right when the Euro 2012 starts in Europe. They only delayed it in a few countries. Snow White opens next week in France. :mellow:

I took my daughter to see this yesterday morning. It's on OK movie, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny as the first one. It is as entertaining as the second installment, though.I came to realize I really, REALLY hate Martin Short. This would have been so much better without him tainting it for me.

I took my daughter to see this yesterday morning. It's on OK movie, but I didn't think it was nearly as funny as the first one. It is as entertaining as the second installment, though.I came to realize I really, REALLY hate Martin Short. This would have been so much better without him tainting it for me.

Did your daughter like it?

Did your daughter like it?

Yes, she did. She's almost 10, and it kept her attention the entire time. We caught a 3D showing (50% full at 11:30 in the morning), and followed that up with Avengers in 3D lol.My daughter said it was her favorite of the series, and we had watched the first two during the week so they were all fresh in her mind. I noticed that she barely laughted, either. The movie is perhaps entertaining, just not very humorous. Edited by doublejack
  • Like 1

The only way there will be a fourth is if this makes huge numbers. I think Katzenberg said there would be four movies in the series with the series ending with the animals getting back to the NY zoo but given what happened in the threequel, I'm no sure that will happen.

The only way there will be a fourth is if this makes huge numbers. I think Katzenberg said there would be four movies in the series with the series ending with the animals getting back to the NY zoo but given what happened in the threequel, I'm no sure that will happen.

This will do 180 minimum here and about 700 WW. That's pretty big numbers.

There is no doubt that's a lot of dough but I just don't know where they can go with a storyline from where M3 ended. Perhaps, DW intends to continue the series with the penguins, which they already said they are working on.

They can still find a way. It may have concluded the initial adventure arc, but it didn't really feel like there was a sense of finality to it.Heck, I thought Despicable Me was wrapped up pretty tightly and they're still dragging a sequel out of that. Edited by tribefan695

I didn't say it was impossible but given DW full slate, I just don't see it. Also, with the penguins having their own series in the works, does that mean they will not be in the M4 or will they be in both series. I think the penguins out of the Madagascar series would be disastrous.In any case, what's up with you Tribe, you usual hate sequels.

Their slate's only filled up to summer 2014. I certainly wouldn't expect a sequel any earlier than that. Probably summer 2015 at the earliest.I don't hate sequels, just ones that make no sense or to franchises I want to die. That's no longer the case here.

Edited by tribefan695

I think sequels to the "Rise of the Guardians" will almost assuredly happen and I think "The Croods" and "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" will probably happen too so that doesn't leave a lot of place for it but I suppose anything is possible.

Well, all of those are coming out after Madagascar 3, so any sequels would likely come out after a fourth Madagascar assuming they greenlit one. I expect the announcement of a 4th before Rise of the Guardians is even released.

Edited by tribefan695