AniNate

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 6/8/2012

I thought it wasn't possible for this to get worse, but it does. The lemur falls in love with a bear to the tune of "I'm Sexy and I Know It" and Melman and Gloria are on a tightrope, and the zebra gets shot from a cannon and smashes into the mountains. O. M. G. W. T. F.

It is so disposable! Your favourite animals...WHOSE?! The second already had such terrible legs and ended up behind the first. I find Chris Rock's zebra incredibly crass and unlikeable, nor do I like the sassy hippo or loser giraffe. What in the world does this even have to do with getting back to America? Does ANYONE even care? The circus is ridiculous, this is like some fluff episode on a TV series, not a full length movie. Plus, the suspension of disbelief has now been completely shot to death, they scuba dive, walk on tightropes, drive cars, have machine gun air balloons, get chased by a woman who can smash through walls, FUCK GO AWAY GO AWAY. If audiences rejected Panda, Cars and Happy Feet, this better flop.

Okay, this is an early contender for domestic flounder of the summer. The trailer was terrible, no one really remembers the second movie, and it opens two weeks before Brave. KFP2 kept about 68% of KFP's admissions. I say this goes even lower.Ice Age will probably drop a bit domestically too.

Edited by Gopher

30/87, Brave and IA4 are going to destroy this film, and a third film was unnecessary. But hey, Noah Baumbach is writing it, so it could be alright.

I'm floored at this kind of prediction. It seems that unless you have an animated film made by Pixar, most people here think the film will suck. It's laughable.It'll make 150 mill and possibly challenge for 180.

It seems that unless you have an animated film made by Pixar, most people here think the film will suck. It's laughable.

If the trailer was better, we'd think more highly of it. But it's not. It looks derivative, uninteresting, and really, just bad. Madagascar lost its lustre ages ago.Now I don't think it'll do less than $100m, but if it does clear it, it won't be by much.

I'm floored at this kind of prediction. It seems that unless you have an animated film made by Pixar, most people here think the film will suck. It's laughable.It'll make 150 mill and possibly challenge for 180.

Oh puh-lease baumer, not this schtick again. Watch the damn trailer. It looks like shit. It ran out of ideas 4 years ago. And plenty people were criticizing Cars 2. Just because you think they're overrated doesn't make people's opinions laughable.