Impact

Best Visual Effects-2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Cloud Atlas orThats my list to, but I wouldn't be surprised if Skyfall or Cloud Atlas beat out TDKR.

Ya I agree lol. I think a good case could be made for Cloud Atlas but Skyfall over TDKR would be a little ridiculous considering how much it is influenced by TDK and doesn't necessarily go beyond it. Not knocking the movie at all but I don't think it is worth of a VFX nom.

LoP will definitely win in this catalog. Because of its storytelling, it represents a very rare way of using CGI, and the judges will definitely honor it for that particular reason.

Ya that's a really good point. I agree and think LoP will ultimately win. The effects are completely integrated into the story which is the goal.

I believe the Academy only looks at 15 minutes of the film. I remember hearing something about that.

10 minutes.

Skyfall isn't getting in. IMO John Carter should get in, after all the Aliens looked fantastic and the Academy seem to dig that mo cap shit.

You =/= Academy. 'Nuff Said. Effects aren't good enough to compensate for a shit movie, and the movie isn't good enough to compensate for run of the mill effects that any movie can have if they spend 200 million dollars. Edited by riczhang