MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

JC is now on the bay of pirates in BR quality. I cant even be bothered to pirate it. I feel the same about BS.

And thus a cure for piracy has finally been invented - make movies so bad no one will even wanna download them. Seems like a costly solution, though, but hell, profits from defeating pirates will surely be big enough to cover all that, am I rite?Oh wait...

And thus a cure for piracy has finally been invented - make movies so bad no one will even wanna download them. Seems like a costly solution, though, but hell, profits from defeating pirates will surely be big enough to cover all that, am I rite?Oh wait...

a cheaper solution would be to stop making movies

Not a great increase for TA.

Some unknown reason Friday increases have generally been muted for TA but it makes it up by having great Saturday increases followed great Sunday drops.

The problem with BA is that it was marketed way too much to look like a Transformers movie. I couldn't even tell you that Rihanna or Brooklyn Decker was in the movie. In fact all I can remember of the trailer is a news cast saying that they don't know what happened to Hong Kong and then a bunch of shots of Transformers looking and sounding things. I had no desire to see it based off that. It looked terrible and the 9 million Friday proves that a lot of people felt the same.What they don't show you in the trailer is some of the crazy, absolutely crazy action scenes, the jingfoistic (in a good way) bridge between old naval heroes and new ones, the forced friendship of Americans and Japanese, some of the Bayisms like one of the characters Decker befriends, the amazing SPFX and the Inception type soundtrack that all contributes to making this an incredible fun time at the movies. I will see this again and although it is going to be a financial bomb, my bet is this gets close to 80 from a 25 mill weekend. WOM will be decent imo.

Like I said, I watched it last night and I just don't see where the legs are coming from this. It's going to be probably a bigger flop than "John Carter". What's really sad is just a short year ago, "Battle: Los Angeles" opened to over 35 Million OW and this with more money and a bigger director couldn't do it. Hats off to The Avengers, Historic run thus far but now Big Willie coming for that ass next week, lol.

That one had a great poster campaign.

I remember the trailer with the "atmospheric" music.

Battleship UNDER Poseidon!

John Carter will be on the top 10 of most download movies of the year. Same with Dark Shadows and Battleship. Mark my words.

Absolutely. Im too far away from caring about it, but there are a lot who want to see it, but didnt want to stump up the cinema fee. Its probably curiosity as much as anything

• Founder / Operator

The problem with BA is that it was marketed way too much to look like a Transformers movie. I couldn't even tell you that Rihanna or Brooklyn Decker was in the movie. In fact all I can remember of the trailer is a news cast saying that they don't know what happened to Hong Kong and then a bunch of shots of Transformers looking and sounding things. I had no desire to see it based off that. It looked terrible and the 9 million Friday proves that a lot of people felt the same.What they don't show you in the trailer is some of the crazy, absolutely crazy action scenes, the jingfoistic (in a good way) bridge between old naval heroes and new ones, the forced friendship of Americans and Japanese, some of the Bayisms like one of the characters Decker befriends, the amazing SPFX and the Inception type soundtrack that all contributes to making this an incredible fun time at the movies. I will see this again and although it is going to be a financial bomb, my bet is this gets close to 80 from a 25 mill weekend. WOM will be decent imo.

I honestly feel like we saw two completely different movies, buddy. This might be our biggest disagreement over a movie...ever.

He not box office poison must people do not who he is. He just picking awful movies to be in.I am sure he was hoping for John Carter to make 250m+ domestic and Battleship to be like a transformers and make 200m+ but the opposite happen both will make under 100m domestically.

By the end, the total of JohnCarter + Battleship would still be a big disappointment if you would give it to just one of them.

Taylor Kitsch? Or his agent? His agent must be having a heart attack :lol:

lolI thought about the agent.Some point-of-view from the inside."How to live with a 2bigfailures star on your shoulders"...