MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

I'll take that bet in spirit. But I can't take it in reality as i have another bet with someone else that is very similar. Sorry, you'll thank me after. Spiderman might make 100 in 6 days, but I doubt it.

No no, I'll gladly take the bet. My other preferred oponents would be Dexter or Dark Alfred. Hopefully one of them will take the bet. :lol:

I thought the bootleg issue was going to affect TA but it didnt, ostensibly. Not sure that had a major impact but certainly an issue with films that release internationally first. Thats where the bootlegs come from...overseas

Well the Avengers is being bootlegged. But the difference is people want to still see it in the theaters. Battleship opened over a month ago overseas. That's why to much of a time gap.

Well the Avengers is being bootlegged. But the difference is people want to still see it in the theaters. Battleship opened over a month ago overseas. That's why to much of a time gap.

When a movie delivers something that it's really good, no bootleg will kill it. When it sucks, it will suck and bomb. I think it's quite simple too.

When a movie delivers something that it's really good, no bootleg will kill it. When it sucks, it will suck and bomb. I think it's quite simple too.

I think I came to that conclusion. :lol:

There are only crappy cam releases of avangers.. Thats not gonna effect at all

How do you know they are all crappy and that Battleship has better copies? Just curious.

How do you know they are all crappy and that Battleship has better copies? Just curious.

When a release hits the internet the source is ALWAYS posted.. Or else it wont be "accepted"Example source: a cam rip or a dvd rip or a bluray rip.. Most ppl wait for a dvd rip or a bluray rip

That is absolutely hilarious. Battleship bombing hard, Avengers cruising smoothly - what more could I ask for.Is it just me, or does anyone else think that The Avengers has just sucked the life (and money) out of everything (and everyone), and that no other action movie will compare, and therefore fail?

• Like 1

That is absolutely hilarious. Battleship bombing hard, Avengers cruising smoothly - what more could I ask for.Is it just me, or does anyone else think that The Avengers has just sucked the life (and money) out of everything (and everyone), and that no other action movie will compare, and therefore fail?

Men In Black will rectify this situation.

Yeah, Dark Shadows and Battleship were problematic films. They don't hit all the demos and they had pretty bad buzz. I think MIB3 and SWATH will get things back on track. Even if they get mediocre reviews, I think there's more there to sell. MIB3 has nostalgia and Will Smith. SWATH has effective trailers and tv spots and female appeal.

When you go on one of those bad sites for a movie you're searching its posted like this:The.Avengers.CAM -> meaning crappy cam version (recorded with a cam in a movie theater) usually unwatchable..Its a bigger problem for studios if a dvd/bluray rip gets posted online (posted online a day or 2 after the dvd/bluray is offically released).. When a dvd/bluray rip gets posted online even before its officially released in stores, then the crying really begins.. Edited by kiran

NoThere has been any good movies. If every other action film that fails than that can be said.

When you go on one of those bad sites for a movie you're searching its posted like this:

The.Avengers.CAM -> meaning crappy cam version (recorded with a cam in a movie theater) usually unwatchable..

Its a bigger problem for studios if a dvd/bluray rip gets posted online (posted online a day or 2 after offically released).. When a dvd/bluray rip gets posted online even before its officially released in stores, then the crying really begins..

Ah okay. So wouldn't the Battleship copies be the same though. There's no dvd release yet.