A Marvel Fanboy

AMC theatres bought by Wanda Group with $2.6B

That's really fucking pathetic. Its called the American Multi-Cinemas Corporation.

Well... looks like I'll remain a Regal Entertainment perosn. Which sucks because Seattle's best IMAX screen is in SouthCenter mall and is an AMC. Ugh!

What difference does it make to you? It isn't like they were sharing profit with you when they were US-owned. I don't think Wanda group is going to change anything.

Wrong in investments ?

Sure, but when you think of AMC theater chain, you think movies, not hedge funds and IPO's and stocks. It just looks funny to me.

Is the name gonna change? My theater was Loews, then it changed to AMC, what's next?

The name wont change I think.

They are only gonna play Chinese movies from now on.

Not happening ... Chinese movies are crap and if they do this they will go bankrupt ... lol

Which sucks because Seattle's best IMAX screen is in SouthCenter mall and is an AMC. Ugh!

Nope, Pacific Science Center all the way. You do have to deal with huge crowds (the Batman Begins portion of the Batman double feature they ran in fall 2008 is the only time I've been there when less than 90% of the auditorium was full) and kids who seem too young to be attending the movie in question (the under-10 set roaming the place during the sold-out fourth weekend screening of the fifth Harry Potter movie I went to springs to mind), but the screen is massive, the sound quality is unbeatable, and at least as far as I can recall, the concessions prices were significantly lower than you'd pay at any of the chain theatres in town.But, not being a true Seattleite (just someone who visits frequently), I digress. The only AMC I've been to in that area is the Loews Alderwood in Lynwood, which is a decent enough place to see a movie. The theatre I prefer to go to, though, is Lincoln Square Cinemas in Bellevue. If you don't mind the hike in price (and I believe matinee admission cuts off at 2:00 on weekends), it's a kick-ass place to see a movie: spacious auditoriums, classy design, leather seats, and no "First Look" show before the movie. And even though they get more business now than they did in their first year of operation (I remember seeing Dead Man's Chest in a half-full auditorium during its record opening weekend), it's still possible to show up 20 minutes before a matinee show of even the largest blockbuster and have little trouble getting tickets (as I did with Harry Potter last summer on its opening Saturday). But their IMAX, while one of the more impressive IMAX-in-name-only auditoriums I've seen, still pales in comparison to the real thing.