Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

I seriously doubt this is budgeted like a tent pole.

We're not talking about a 150m plus film, regardless of who's in it.

Westerns are still a hard sell OS so I imagine it's not going to be hugely expensive. Django Unchained was $100m but that was a Tarantino film, my guess it's 75-90m tops. 

Westerns are still a hard sell OS so I imagine it's not going to be hugely expensive. Django Unchained was $100m but that was a Tarantino film, my guess it's 75-90m tops.

Yeah probably, so the date makes sense.

They're probably dating and projecting this movie like a Denzel movie. Pratts presence is a serious benefit to this picture, but I'm guessing is wasn't built with the idea of playing much beyond Denzel's normal range. The genre is limiting to a degree.

Passengers should move to October if it gets done in time; putting two space movies out at once seems like a bad idea

And I think you're also all presuming this is PG-13; Fuqua does R-rated stuff. Feel like it could do much better at Christmas a la Django or True Grit

Passengers should move to October if it gets done in time; putting two space movies out at once seems like a bad idea

And I think you're also all presuming this is PG-13; Fuqua does R-rated stuff. Feel like it could do much better at Christmas a la Django or True Grit

But Denzel kicks ass in off months, and this probably won't be an awards film.

So it's "this will definitely move because I want it to" or what?

I just don't get the release date at all for both this and Passengers; if it really bothers you guys so much I'll shut up about it at least until we get a trailer for one of them

I just don't get the release date at all for both this and Passengers; if it really bothers you guys so much I'll shut up about it at least until we get a trailer for one of them

Passengers ok.

But this one?

It's a Denzel movie. How does this date not make sense given that? Just, put Pratt aside...this date makes sense for Denzel. I mean, he JUST had a 100m grosser on this same date.

• Like 1

Passengers ok.

But this one?

It's a Denzel movie. How does this date not make sense given that? Just, put Pratt aside...this date makes sense for Denzel. I mean, he JUST had a 100m grosser on this same date.

I was just saying this should move if Passengers move. This'll make the same amount of money in both September and December, but I honestly think Passengers would make more in October. However, I doubt Sony wants to release two Chris Pratt movies in three weeks lol