hasanahmad

Monday Numbers (actuals page 8) TA 5.687

Yeah , SM3 isn't anywhere near as bad as most of the bad comic book movies, it's just , that unlike these movies , SM3 was a big blockbuster and that makes people automatically compare it to the good comic book movies .

Yeah , SM3 isn't anywhere near as bad as most of the bad comic book movies, it's just , that unlike these movies , SM3 was a big blockbuster and that makes people automatically compare it to the good comic book movies .

I understand, but what I find interesting is the retroactive hate that ends up getting spilled over to SM2 from those who hate SM3. From July 2004-May 2007, SM2 was arguably the best comic book adaption ever. Then SM3 comes out and, now, five years later, the SM3 haters are saying that any scene in SM2 that is anywhere close to anything in SM3 is now "horrible" or "awful". When at the time, they were probably praising everything to do with SM2. What I find funny is SM3 really isn't as bad as people would like it to be, so they are now impeaching some parts of SM2 to confirm that they are right and there is no redeeming value to SM3 whatsoever.It's quite fascinating, the psychology of irrational hate. ;)
  • Like 4

Wow. All black people.

Other than George Clooney. But I didn't realize the other pictures were only of blacks. The only defense I can make is that the Samuel Jackson pic is there only because it was the most ludicrous picture I could find from The Spirit...I'm sorry, Frank Miller's The Spirit. A movie that features a white main character, BTW. So it's really 50/50. Equal. As it should be. :P

I know you guys are going to think this is stupid, but I'm telling you BS will not have bad wom. It's an unmitigated disaster no doubt, but its going to get a lot of positive things said about it from the small band of merry men and women who have seen it.

• Like 2

I know you guys are going to think this is stupid, but I'm telling you BS will not have bad wom. It's an unmitigated disaster no doubt, but its going to get a lot of positive things said about it from the small band of merry men and women who have seen it.

It has it's flaws but it's still a fun enjoyable movie with some good set piece action scenes plus a healthy serving of cheese. It was a really stupid decision to open it a month after the rest of the world.
  • Like 2

Sorry SM3 is that bad. Raimi screwed the pooch from mess of a plot to neutered version of Venom. I loved Venom as a kid and thought how cool he would be in a movie. We got SM1 and my dream was becoming more of a real. SM2 came and it was one of the best SH movies period. Alfred Molina's performance ranks up there with the greatest villains ever. I was hyped crazy when I found Venom would be the villain but after watching the movie I felt Raimi was a class A moron. It felt like he didn't want to do Venom but was forced. Why would you do a villain that you have no interest in? Trust me, I don't buy he had no choice. SM3 is a bad as people claim. Lousy and messy plot, bad dialogue, campy, and also who the hell approved Topher Grace as Venom. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: