hasanahmad

Monday Numbers (actuals page 8) TA 5.687

Sorry SM3 is that bad. Raimi screwed the pooch from mess of a plot to neutered version of Venom. I loved Venom as a kid and thought how cool he would be in a movie. We got SM1 and my dream was becoming more of a real. SM2 came and it was one of the best SH movies period. Alfred Molina's performance ranks up there with the greatest villains ever. I was hyped crazy when I found Venom would be the villain but after watching the movie I felt Raimi was a class A moron. It felt like he didn't want to do Venom but was forced. Why would you do a villain that you have no interest in? Trust me, I don't buy he had no choice. SM3 is a bad as people claim. Lousy and messy plot, bad dialogue, campy, and also who the hell approved Topher Grace as Venom. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I used to love Venom also, but the concept is terribly flawed. I get why the symbiote hates Peter Parker, after he rejects it, but Eddie Brock blaming Spider-Man for identifying the real murderer, after Brock had exposed a phony, is about as flimsy a motivation as I've ever read in comics. It would be like holding a lifelong grudge against your doctor for an unwelcome but CORRECT diagnosis. And that's why he hates Spidey more than anyone on the planet??? Shouldn't that anger have been targeted toward the lying fake Sin-Eater who "confessed" to Brock?Also, if rth's 5 mil Tues TA estimate is anywhere near correct (and he's been pretty dead-on so far), many of y'all's doom-and-gloom predictions for TA this week are looking pretty laughable.

I used to love Venom also, but the concept is terribly flawed. I get why the symbiote hates Peter Parker, after he rejects it, but Eddie Brock blaming Spider-Man for identifying the real murderer, after Brock had exposed a phony, is about as flimsy a motivation as I've ever read in comics. It would be like holding a lifelong grudge against your doctor for an unwelcome but CORRECT diagnosis. And that's why he hates Spidey more than anyone on the planet??? Shouldn't that anger have been targeted toward the lying fake Sin-Eater who "confessed" to Brock?Also, if rth's 5 mil Tues TA estimate is anywhere near correct (and he's been pretty dead-on so far), many of y'all's doom-and-gloom predictions for TA this week are looking pretty laughable.

If RTH's 5 mill is correct, then TA and BS have managed to behave differently than most films from the last ten years. Films fall on Tuesday after Victoria Day, they just do. No one was predicting doom and gloom because of a feeling we had, it was because of history.
  • Like 2

If RTH's 5 mill is correct, then TA and BS have managed to behave differently than most films from the last ten years. Films fall on Tuesday after Victoria Day, they just do. No one was predicting doom and gloom because of a feeling we had, it was because of history.

What do you think for today?

What do you think for today?

If it holds like it seems to have (12% drop), then I think the Wed might be higher. I hope it's not, but would a 20% drop be out of the question?

I'm reading reports that the film collapsed 60% yesterday and people are finally realizing how it's not worthy of the money it's made.

I've been reading reports that DH2 only made 900WW and WB fudged the rest.
  • Like 1

If it holds like it seems to have (12% drop), then I think the Wed might be higher. I hope it's not, but would a 20% drop be out of the question?

We could get a correction drop but IM2 had a similar drop. Maybe TA does mimic IM2 because its Friday/Saturday jumps have been similar and Wednesday is also the same.

I respectfully disagree. While most reasonable posters were predicting a regular post-Victoria-Day drop, some on here were predicting a massive week-long slide, starting Tuesday, leading to a 4-day Memorial Day Weekend barely at somewhere in the mid-30s.

47% is for 3-Day weekend

I was thinking in 35.5m for the 4-Day weekend (-36%)

A holiday is going to offset a discounted Tuesday.

Everything will drop today.

Tuesday's numbers will be around 3.3-3.8 million

Other than George Clooney. But I didn't realize the other pictures were only of blacks. The only defense I can make is that the Samuel Jackson pic is there only because it was the most ludicrous picture I could find from The Spirit...I'm sorry, Frank Miller's The Spirit. A movie that features a white main character, BTW. So it's really 50/50. Equal. As it should be. :P

I was just messing with yah

LOL Its going to be like john Carter...Expectations are so reduced people who watch the film are surprised

That's not always a bad thing. Well, a very bad thing from a BO performance standpoint, but not all bad from a viewer's experience perspective. If it had come out before TA and been named anything other than Battleship, we'd have probably seen a much more solid opening.

That's not always a bad thing. Well, a very bad thing from a BO performance standpoint, but not all bad from a viewer's experience perspective. If it had come out before TA and been named anything other than Battleship, we'd have probably seen a much more solid opening.

If it had come out before TA and been labeled a TF prequel, it would have opened to $100M+ and gone on to make $300M total. Oh well.

I think if it had opened day and date not a whole month before overseas it would have had a better opening here in the states.