hasanahmad

Monday Numbers (actuals page 8) TA 5.687

I think we should count dailies on a daily basis in summer season and stop during fall and spring . Reasonable idea mods?

They will be.....each day has their own dailies

about the loss of 3D screens. Do we know the 3D share of last weekends 55m? I think knowing that will determine how big of an impact the loss of 3D screens will have this weekend. I guess someone like Rallax or maybe Vanilla Sky can help with this since they work for the theater.

I think the 3D share has gone down a lot lower than the 52% it had for its OW. I work at a theater and 2D is still getting packed houses, but the 3D isn't. Now that people have a choice, 2D is by far the preferred choice. It's dimishing 3D share can also explain why it fell a little harder this past weekend than most were expecting. I think the loss of 3D screens this weekend to MIB 3 won't be as big as deal as some are making it out to be.
  • Like 1

I think we should count dailies on a daily basis in summer season and stop during fall and spring . Reasonable idea mods?

What do you mean count dailies? Do you mean make daily threads or just stop counting them altogether?

I think the 3D share has gone down a lot lower than the 52% it had for its OW. I work at a theater and 2D is still getting packed houses, but the 3D isn't. Now that people have a choice, 2D is by far the preferred choice. It's dimishing 3D share can also explain why it fell a little harder this past weekend than most were expecting. I think the loss of 3D screens this weekend to MIB 3 won't be as big as deal as some are making it out to be.

Thanks for that black spider. I forgot you worked at a theater too.

I'm not trying to be rude so sorry if it comes off like that, it's not my itnent but there is absolutely no way in the world it makes 35 mill for the 4DAY. Three day maybe, but not 4.

I proved my point and you? Why do you think will fall so soft?the "great" word-of-mouth isn't a proof yet Edited by Goffe Rises

I proved my point and you? Why do you think will fall so soft?the "great" word-of-mouth isn't a proof yet

Because no film in the history of film (without a significant theater loss and this early in it's run) has fallen 55% on Memorial weekend.
  • Like 1

I proved my point and you? Why do you think will fall so soft?the "great" word-of-mouth isn't a proof yet

Wasn't you the guy who said The Avengers would have a mild success in Brazil or something? :lol:Wasn't that time enough?

Are you seriously trying to say it doesn't have tremendous word-of-mouth?As for 3D, yes I don't think it will make much of an impact this weekend as the diminishing shares did on the 2nd and 3rd weekends,We lost one screen of Avengers, and it was the 2D/3D split. So we lost 2 2D shows and 2 3D shows.

Wasn't you the guy who said The Avengers would have a mild success in Brazil or something? :lol:Wasn't that time enough?

Goffe's character is not under attack here, nor hos box office acumen, he is very good at box office analysis. I just think he's misreading what the loss of 3D means.

I think people are making too much about loss of 3D. First we don't know the share for the last 2 weekends plus 2 movies can easily share 3D screens.

TF 3 3weekend against OW of DH2 (-54.7%)Cars 2 2weekend against OW of DOTM (-60.3%)Puss in Boots 4weekend against OW HP2 (-56.3%)TS3 3weekend against OW of TLA (49.0%)AIW 4weekend against OW of HTTYD (-48.2%)Avatar 12weekend against OW of AIW (-40.5%. until AIW, Avatar had a average drop of 14.1%) Journey 2 4weekend against OW of Lorax (-51.1%)JC 4weekend against ow of WOTT (-60.0%)Thor 3weekend against OW of OST (-55.5%) Edited by Goffe Rises

Goffe's character is not under attack here, nor hos box office acumen, he is very good at box office analysis. I just think he's misreading what the loss of 3D means.

I'm not attacking Goffe's character or his box office acumen, it's more of a continuation of a conversation we had weeks ago and he admitted he was wrong about that, don't worry, we're cool I guess. It was meant to be read more like a joke. :lol:

TF 3 3weekend against OW of DH2 (-54.7%)Cars 2 2weekend against OW of DOTM (-60.3%)Puss in Boots 4weekend against OW HP2 (-56.3%)TS3 3weekend against OW of TLA (49.0%)AIW 4weekend against OW of HTTYD (-48.2%)Avatar 12weekend against OW of AIW (-40.5%. until AIW, Avatar had a average drop of 14.1%) Journey 2 4weekend against OW of Lorax (-51.1%)JC 4weekend against ow of WOTT (-60.0%)Thor 3weekend against OW of OST (-55.5%)

None of those were Memorial Weekend.

All of the theaters around me are keeping TA in 3D. TA is just losing screens in general. This happens to all films as they begin to lose audiences. I see no great effect on its grosses other than a normal drop. But let Goffe keep thinking that. Isn't he in the lead in BSG? Maybe we can make up some ground on him. ;)

All of the theaters around me are keeping TA in 3D. TA is just losing screens in general. This happens to all films as they begin to lose audiences. I see no great effect on its grosses other than a normal drop. But let Goffe keep thinking that. Isn't he in the lead in BSG? Maybe we can make up some ground on him. ;)

Come to think of it, yes, he is right. TA should drop close to 60% this weekend. :wave:

Are you seriously trying to say it doesn't have tremendous word-of-mouth?As for 3D, yes I don't think it will make much of an impact this weekend as the diminishing shares did on the 2nd and 3rd weekends,We lost one screen of Avengers, and it was the 2D/3D split. So we lost 2 2D shows and 2 3D shows.

in front of two underwhelming weekends, TA fall a good 50.3% in the second weekend and a not-so-good 46.0% in the third weekend without almost no competition