Neo

Captain Marvel | 8 MARCH 2019 | 5th most profitable movie of 2019.

Love the movie, good as doctor strange origin. 😃

But no Frozen 2 Teaser before my Screening :x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A Cinema Score doesn't really mean anything. Civil War has a A rating as well, it has only a 2.26 mulitiplier. There are lots of other things to condsier. 

Not saying the leggs are gonna be terriable, but the possibiliy is there. Despite it having a high RT score, most of the youtube critics I follow give it a relatively low score, which is a first for any MCU movies ever and it's kind worrying.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jf8350143 said:

A Cinema Score doesn't really mean anything. Civil War has a A rating as well, it has only a 2.26 mulitiplier. There are lots of other things to condsier. 

Not saying the leggs are gonna be terriable, but the possibiliy is there. Despite it having a high RT score, most of the youtube critics I follow give it a relatively low score, which is a first for any MCU movies ever and it's kind worrying.

its not though its just opinions at the end of the day and social media reactions for this movie are really positive

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Signs are that the “poor reception narrative” isn’t holding up. Given it opened back on Wednesday evening in Australia and it’s having massive Saturday and Sunday numbers WOM seems pretty solid. 

Our first clue should have been that the "poor reception and WOM narrative" started some 18 months before the film began production.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

153m is AMAZING. i'm SO GLAD women can speak their mind without a backlash now! good for you brie

I am sure if a male actor had made anti-male comments there would be a similar backlash.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Not Cool 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

its not though its just opinions at the end of the day and social media reactions for this movie are really positive

I know several people who didn’t like this. It’s not getting hate but there isn’t universal love exactly either.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

20 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I know several people who didn’t like this. It’s not getting hate but there isn’t universal love exactly either.

i said most people not all of them ;) its universal liked from the moment most people if you see reactions like it is that doesnt mean that everybody liked it though 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I am sure if a male actor had made anti-male comments there would be a similar backlash.

Good thing she never made any anti-male statements then, rather than just wanting a more diverse press junket.

It's not like Chris Evans and Mark Ruffalo are extremely vocal about their political opinions or something

• Like 8

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Signs are that the “poor reception narrative” isn’t holding up. Given it opened back on Wednesday evening in Australia and it’s having massive Saturday and Sunday numbers WOM seems pretty solid. 

Perhaps but the China drops seem to indicate a meh reception over there. Very curious to see how much this drops in the 2nd weekend, reading more meh reactions than you'd usually expect from a supposedly very well received MCU film, reminds of Thor: TDW. Mind you, I like the film but it's very by the numbers, generic, competent but uninspired filmmaking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 2

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Perhaps but the China drops seem to indicate a meh reception over there. Very curious to see how much this drops in the 2nd weekend, reading more meh reactions than you'd usually expect from a supposedly very well received MCU film, reminds of Thor: TDW. Mind you, I like the film but it's very by the numbers, generic, competent but uninspired filmmaking. 

and i reading more positive  reactions not everyone will like it but if you use the social media like forums,reddi.youtube,insta,twitter the majority really like the movie  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Would probably not get much traction online too (being a young woman or not do seem to be very big factor), Ruffalo/Evans could tell Trump to die or say that white men are the worst that I am not sure it would do as much.

And againt "backlash", who in the actual world care ($153M seem to indicate about no one, if anyone even know about that story to start with)

Got around to watching it last night. Honestly, I was underwhelmed. It felt super generic and forgettable. Brie Larson was great though.

41 minutes ago, john2000 said:

and i reading more positive  reactions not everyone will like it but if you use the social media like forums,reddi.youtube,insta,twitter the majority really like the movie  

From what I read in this forum and Reddit, majority are those "quite like" (3.5/5) and "okayish" (3/5) with this movie. Some like or love it, some don't quite like it.

Overall it probably averages out to be in 10th to 14th position of 21 MCU movies.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Moderation

This is not the Franchise Wars Thread.  Do not start things.

Also, it's probably best to discuss sequel possibilities in the spoiler thread at this stage.

Regards

BOT Staff

The audience score on RT has gone up 2% today, now at 57% and will probably end up around 75%.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

The audience score on RT has gone up 2% today, now at 57% and will probably end up around 75%.

that would be really good if true the only score that wont change in my opinion will be metacritic

Edited by john2000

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

end up at 75 from 57% ?

It has too many ratings to change that hugely. 48,000 ratings.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

end up at 75 from 57% ?

It has too many ratings to change that hugely. 48,000 ratings.

the metacritic score its ridiculous in my opinion even though it improved hugely today

Edited by john2000