Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Captain Marvel | 8 MARCH 2019 | Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, Clark Gregg.

CaptainMarvel.jpg?1414522337

Director:
Writer: Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve

Distributor: DISNEY

Starring:

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

UK & Ireland Release Date: 7/6/2018

__________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS
Joe Quesada on female led Marvel movies
10 Things We Learnt at KAPOW! Comic Con 2012

Blade, Ms. Marvel Scripts Reportedly in Development at Marvel

Katee Sackoff Says Hell Yes To Playing Ms. Marvel In The Avengers 2

Marvel Studios Wants a Female-Led Superhero Film

WHAT WILL MARVEL STUDIOS' FIRST FEMALE-LED MOVIE BE?

Katee Sackhoff Says There's Been Some Marvel Movie Discussion...MS. MARVEL Perhaps?

TIFF 2013: Katee Sackhoff on Oculus and Marvel Studios Rumors

Katee Sackhoff: 'I'd love to be Ms Marvel

Kevin Feige Talks the Possibility of a CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Expands Through 2019

Marvel's Kevin Feige Finally Confirms Active Development On CAPTAIN MARVEL And BLACK PANTHER Movies

Marvel Announces BLACK PANTHER, CAPTAIN MARVEL, INHUMANS, AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Films, CAP & THOR 3 Subtitles

Kevin Feige Talks CAPTAIN MARVEL, INHUMANS, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER And More

VIDEO: Kevin Feige On CBM Oversaturation, DR STRANGE/ CAPTAIN MARVEL Castings And More

Captain Marvel Comic Writer Kelly Sue Deconnick Was 'Gobsmacked' by the Movie Announcement

#Marvel Phase3 mayhem p2: #BlackPanther(27Oct17), #Avengers IW P1(27Apr18), #CaptainMarvel(6Jul18), #Inhumans(26Oct18),#Avengers P2(26Apr19)

Emily Blunt on 'Captain Marvel' Role: "Let's Call Marvel About That Right Now

More From Emily Blunt On Speculation That She Will Play CAPTAIN MARVEL

How Emily Blunt Feels About Playing Captain Marvel

Emily Blunt on Into the Woods, Captain Marvel, and Her Go-To Karaoke Song

Joss Whedon Clarifies "Misogyny" Comments; Could He Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL?

RUMOR: Marvel Has Short List OF THOR: RAGNAROK Directors

RUMOR: Angelina Jolie Wanted By Marvel Studios To Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL

Marvel Studios Schedules New Release Dates for 4 Films

Fox casting X-MEN's Psylocke & CAPTAIN MARVEL will have a female director

Joss Whedon Clarifies "Misogyny" Comments; Could He Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL?

Kevin Feige Phase 3 Updates: ‘Thor: Ragnarok,’ ‘Black Panther,’ ‘Inhumans’ and ‘Captain Marvel’

Kevin Feige Offers Updates On PHASE 3 Slate; Says Marvel Is Open To Non-White SPIDER-MAN

'Captain Marvel' Movie Targets 'Inside Out' and 'Guardians' Writers

Could Angelina Jolie Direct CAPTAIN MARVEL or WONDER WOMAN?

Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve to Write Marvel's 'Captain Marvel'

• Like 1

Perfect movie, phase II should focus on the cosmic side of the MCU. Not sure if title would be Ms. Marvel or not could be called S.W.O.R.D. I think it should involve the Kree, but how would they fit into the current MCU?

-In a few weeks Marvel has meeting to discuss future plans.

-One of Quesada's favorite characters.

-Script is ready.

-Actress???

Quesada:

A script for a Ms/Captain Marvel movie is ready to go. They just needed an actress. Marvel are having a meeting in a couple of weeks and will be ready to announce some films then … He said we’d be pleasantly surprised.

Marvel needs X-Men and they can do Rogue storyline. Is that a big part of Ms Marvel canon in the comics or is it bigger for Rogue?

My Top 5 Picks for Ms. Marvel

Amber Heard

Alice Eve

Gina Carano

Ophelia Lovibond

Olivia Wilde

Marvel needs X-Men and they can do Rogue storyline. Is that a big part of Ms Marvel canon in the comics or is it bigger for Rogue?

Used to be a big deal but Ms Marvel's really come into her own in the last decade. Basically Marvel's premiere heroine at this point.
  • Like 2

My Top 5 Picks for Ms. Marvel

Amber Heard

Alice Eve

Carla Gugino

Ophelia Lovibond

Olivia Wilde

I'd prefer Yvonne Strahovski personally.

Joe Quesada on female led Marvel movies

In a chat afterwards, Joe told me that he’d love to make a tentpole movie with a female lead, but that he really doesn’t think there is an actress right now who could carry it, or a character that would work either. I’m thinking I might agree with him on this one actually.

They need someone who can carry the movie but it can't be someone too famous or we won't be able to see her as Ms Marvel, but if shes not famous enough than she can't carry the movie.... Tough situation.Is Ms Marvel old like in her 40s or young like 20s?

• Like 1

They need someone who can carry the movie but it can't be someone too famous or we won't be able to see her as Ms Marvel, but if shes not famous enough than she can't carry the movie.... Tough situation.Is Ms Marvel old like in her 40s or young like 20s?

Age of the actor doesn't have to be the exact age of the hero. She looks to be in her late 20s, early 30s, but her character was experimented on by the Kree, so not sure if this had an effect on her aging.

Joe Quesada on female led Marvel moviesIn a chat afterwards, Joe told me that he’d love to make a tentpole movie with a female lead, but that he really doesn’t think there is an actress right now who could carry it, or a character that would work either. I’m thinking I might agree with him on this one actually.

And this is precisely why a WONDER WOMAN movie will never happen and if it did, it wouldn't do well.. Female supeheroes just aren't very big draws box office wise...

You know, you say one thing… People love a good story, even if it’s a story that has very little truth to it. If you go back and actually listen to what I said, I said that people have checked my availability. I never said Marvel [or] Disney so it’s interesting how people twist stories to serve an agenda that makes people click on their site, or sell their papers.

I absolutely have not spoken to Marvel. It doesn’t mean that my team hasn’t spoken to Marvel. I personally have not spoken to Marvel and have no plans to do a movie in the immediate future, because number one I’m tied up with Somnia which is a fantastic place to be. It’s exactly where I wanted to be.

If immediate future is withing 2-3+ years she is in.

Yeah, I’m sure if we dug deep enough there is a sect of fans that don’t want me for Ms. Marvel so let’s just leave it at they want me for Ms. Marvel and that’d be fantastic. I would love to do the role. Of course I would love to do the role. I think that it’s in my wheelhouse and I would enjoy it. I’d be stupid to turn down a Marvel movie but as far as I know, Ms. Marvel isn’t even in the next movie.

Again she doesn't need to be in the next movie, we can look pass Guardians, AoU, Ant-Man, the 2 MU 2016 movies and start looking to 2017.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/568791-tiff-2013-katee-sackhoff-on-oculus-and-marvel-studios-rumors

Of course, I'd be stupid not to be interested.
I'd love to do it. Who wouldn't? It'd be fun.
I grew up trying to find strong female characters in lots of different venues and comics were a place you could find them - incredibly strong women with very few limitations.