Neo

Captain Marvel | 8 MARCH 2019 | Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, Clark Gregg.

5 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Reviews are opinions. You can listen to whoever you want, but don't act like black panther is not more important for black people. And don't talk about biased with your fanboyism about MCU movies. 

Reviews are opinions, yes, ON THE MOVIES. Not on the race of the characters. You can be any sex, any age, any ethnicity and any sexual orientation to properly review films of any nature. One's opinion of each aspect of a film are subjective but the aspects themselves are objective.

If a woman from Cameroon was educated in Canadian history and reviewed a film about it, do you think I'd care? No. Would I think her opinion is any less valid? No. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

Moderation

UniqueDelightfulApatosaur-size_restricte

Regards 

BOT Staff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As an old-school fan of Carol's when she was called Ms. Marvel, I am crossing my fingers to see some sort of nod/wink wink reference to her classic "lightning bolt" costume (not her first getup, but I think it was the one she wore the longest in her comic book history)...
I also wish with all my heart that a sequel brings in Deathbird!!!

ms-marvel-5.jpg

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

In the article they confirm that her contract is for 7 films. 

It also states she was paid $5m for CM.  Brie denied both on her twitter months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It also states she was paid $5m for CM.  Brie denied both on her twitter months ago.

Maybe she or Marvel didn't want to expose that. 

33 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

In the article they confirm that her contract is for 7 films. 

At this point I feel like people just repeat stuff on the internet without doing one phonecall to confirm it.

With contract cannot possibly be enforced 7 year's after the start of the prep of the first movie, 7 films does feel like a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

At this point I feel like people just repeat stuff on the internet without doing one phonecall to confirm it.

With contract cannot possibly be enforced 7 year's after the start of the prep of the first movie, 7 films does feel like a lot.

They gave Hems and Evans 9-movie contracts IIRC, it's nothing new for Marvel.

Edited by cookie

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

Rumored contracts I imagine ? (I have no doubt it is nothing new for rumored Marvel contracts)

Could be, but if it is not cramming a lot of cameo performance a la ant-man, must be hard to fit into 7 year's and make them non enforceable contracts they can walk way, could be useful to have the term already clear if they do not.

Edited by Barnack

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

6.  Evans turned down the 9 contract deal.  Both extended for End Game.  Evans also did cameos outside of his contract.

Marvel though does look for the longest terms possible, especially since for most of these actors pay or play wasn't part of the contract so they're one sided deals.

But as said if the contact goes beyond 7 years the De Havilland clause kicks in.  Also most of these contracts are consistently renegotiated though not to the extent  (or $) they had to renegotiate with RDJ who was out of his first contract very early..   

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

59 minutes ago, Barnack said:

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it mentions 5 million pay day for Captain Marvel, they must have really wanted Brie , based off Marvel's past they are cheap for actors first films

see above / earlier reaction posts 😉

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I think it could be true, since Chris Evans signed for six movies.

She''ll be in the center of the next phases, so the contract for 7 movies is plausible.