Neo

Captain Marvel | 8 MARCH 2019 | Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, Clark Gregg.

I imagine Lawrence would be too expensive, I think an unknown or up and comer would be fine in the role. 

• Like 2

I love Jlaw, and I am sure that her box office clout would be a great asset for the film, but seriously, I don't see her as Carol Danvers. There is something very non-threatening and friendly about Lawrence, and I think Carol should be a more commanding, sorta intimidating presence, say, like Angelina Jolie of Katee Sackhoff (spelling?). Not saying that they should play Carol, but that someone with that same kind of allure and mystique should be used. Then again, I felt that same thing about Anne Hathaway when she was announced for Catwoman (too cute and friendly), and she killed it as Selina.

• Like 2

I love Jlaw, and I am sure that her box office clout would be a great asset for the film, but seriously, I don't see her as Carol Danvers. There is something very non-threatening and friendly about Lawrence,

I think that's why her Mystique falls a bit flat. She has no edge to her whatsoever.

• Like 3

I think that's why her Mystique falls a bit flat. She has no edge to her whatsoever.

I agree. She has the whole America's Sweethart aura that Sandra Bullock has. Not a bad thing to have, of course. The more I think of Emily Blunt in the role, the more I like the idea. I also think that she has the right amount of fame: well known but not that well known as to overwhelm audiences' focus on the character.

• Like 2

My guess is rumors will start flying this second. The initial announcements, in terms attachments for that film, will probably be the writer and director announcements, which I do actually expect will be quite soon. In terms of the actress, I think there’s more time.

Not that anyone cares, but my top 3 are definitely in order

Emily Blunt

Rosamund Pike

Yvonne Strahovski

• Like 4

Ah Emily Blunt would be great!

Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) nice..

And Yvonne's name keeps popping up,

Natalie Dormer could be a great choice too..

(Jennifer Lawrence would be my dream cast for Captain Marvel..goodness lol

I guess since X-Men: Apocalypse would likely be her last X-Men film, if of course there are no Mystique movies on the horizon.

I know it's not likely at all for Cap, but that would get me excited over the horizon)

• Like 2

Yvonne Strahovski  :wub:

• Like 1

Ah Emily Blunt would be great!

Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) nice..

And Yvonne's name keeps popping up,

Natalie Dormer could be a great choice too..

(Jennifer Lawrence would be my dream cast for Captain Marvel..goodness lol

I guess since X-Men: Apocalypse would likely be her last X-Men film, if of course there are no Mystique movies on the horizon.

I know it's not likely at all for Cap, but that would get me excited over the horizon)

SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT DORMER

Put her above Yvonne. But only with dat hair

• Like 1

Then I go and find this..

hG8XUSk.jpg

The feels..

The_Avengers_Age_of_Ultron_33407.jpg

I definitely can see Blunt in this role too..

I'm torn between Dormer and Blunt

• Like 1

Team Blunt. If not, that Kathryn Winnick girl would be a good second choice, not well known but still capable (Don't care for geek favourites Sakhoff and Strahowski which are more eye candy than good actresses). Natalia Dormer's face is too disturbing.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Team Blunt. If not, that Kathryn Winnick girl would be a good second choice, not well known but still capable (Don't care for geek favourites Sakhoff and Strahowski which are more eye candy than good actresses). Natalia Dormer's face is too disturbing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Dash, you say the best thing.

• Like 1

Sackhoff is eye candy?

Lol, bye.

• Like 1