hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

THG will be around 396M after this weekend. I think it has a very good chance.

LG would be fools not to give it a $400 mio push. Dollar theaters, Katniss B-day theater expension, groupon, Puerto Rico, choclate fudge, whatever it takes. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Say it does for some reason, implode this weekend, it still won't miss $500m.Also, that doesn't take away the $207m OW, the $103m second weekend, or the $1.2B it has made worldwide. It would also still have better legs than DH2, New Moon, and BD1.So you can keep on keeping on with your silly self, or give it up and move on.

I want to like this but I'm out of quota. So I'll just say... :bravo:In other hand... it is sort of entertaining to see people ACTIVELY ROOTING against a movie. Expect to see a lot of less people doing that for TDKR. Rooting against things and overloading of negative thoughts are pity, but it's human nature.

The Avengers has 3D, 5 movies to build up demand, two major studios backing it up, one of the biggest budgets of all time (both production and marketing), a very high profile cast, a well known and liked director who's build up a rabid fanbase due to the TV shows he's made, a better release date, and was basically expected by everyone to be in the top 2 or 3 of the year.The Hunger Games had none of that, yet it opened with the 3rd highest opening weekend ever and is on track to 400m.

People expected it to be in the top 2 or 3 of the year. Instead it's going to be in the top 2 or 3 of all time.They're both hugely impressive. THG is a huge breakout hit yet TA is breaking new BO ground left and right.
  • Like 1

It having a massive 103 second weekend is the highlight for me.

sorry but the OW sets this up, there is no question the # that is mind boggling is the $207.4remember, this was internationally released already when it opened domestic, when does/has this kind of opening happened with that? it is no doubt going to dramatically change the industry, watch all the major studios go to Europe/Asia before US nowhuge deal for the future of big releases

sorry but the OW sets this up, there is no question the # that is mind boggling is the $207.4remember, this was internationally released already when it opened domestic, when does/has this kind of opening happened with that? it is no doubt going to dramatically change the industry, watch all the major studios go to Europe/Asia before US nowhuge deal for the future of big releases

Um that post was about what I personally thought was the most impressive thing about TA so far. Am not allowed to think differently from everyone else because that is how your post comes off as Edited by Moviefanatic

Um that post was about what I personally thought was the most impressive thing about TA so far. Am not allowed to think differently from everyone else because that is how your post comes off as

and I posted my opinion, wasn't intended to be anything other than that

explain how this holds better than IM or IM2? the demand is burning off there is no question if people actually look at the #s and that is obviously expected, $50m is really optimistic just my opinion

Why wouldn't it hold better than IM2? It has done so every weekend so far even with a diminishing 3D share.

The Avengers has 3D, 5 movies to build up demand, two major studios backing it up, one of the biggest budgets of all time (both production and marketing), a very high profile cast, a well known and liked director who's build up a rabid fanbase due to the TV shows he's made, a better release date, and was basically expected by everyone to be in the top 2 or 3 of the year.The Hunger Games had none of that, yet it opened with the 3rd highest opening weekend ever and is on track to 400m.

TA squeaks by THG as the most impressive run of 2012.

Why wouldn't it hold better than IM2? It has done so every weekend so far even with a diminishing 3D share.

a bump to $50m is a drop of 10% from the 3 day last weekend, it is no doubt dropping much closer to IM's 20% I would bet a lot on thatthe trajectory looks so similar to previous summer openers, the difference between $46-$50m is huge in terms of % decrease at this point