filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Insane how good this ended up being! It's getting the reviews. the audience raves AND the box office dollars! Just a massive success all around!

By the way, Martin Lawrence is the aspect I'm looking forward to most about this movie. When we got the first trailer a lot of people commented on his appearance now but that's exactly it. A lot of us can relate to getting older and not looking like how we did in our "glory days". That's what makes it so awesome that (in all likelihood, I haven't seen the movie) he's going to help save the day in the movie. Just a normal guy who's gained a little weight, worried about checking in with the wife and seemingly not wanting any part of dangerous cop stuff!

• Like 2

Glad to see this do well! I saw a $73/74m 4-day number at one point, waiting on actuals.

Sony will for sure try to keep the gang together for BB4.

Hoping this bodes well for other properties coming back such as Indiana Jones 5, Coming to America 2, Bill&Ted 3 along with Ghostbusters Afterlife.

• Like 1

"The Gentlemen" looks 100% like Guy Ritchie, that's what it looks like.  And no I don't see it beating Bad Boys.  Outside of "Aladdin"  his other films the last few years haven't opened too hot.  "The Man from U." did about 13 Million and "King Arthur" did a little better at 15 Million.  With that said, Guy is coming off his biggest success ever so I think it could still do OK.  He keeps the budget in check for these types of films.  It's a good cast too.  

Edited by filmscholar

As I said, Guy Ritchie back down the earth after "Aladdin".   "Gentlemen" did exactly what a Guy Ritchie crime film would do so 10-11 OW falls in line with his other films.   The Bad Boys rule again for the 2nd Weekend.  1st Blockbusters of the new Decade.  I like how that sounds.  Also Congrats to Will Smith for having a Blockbusters in 4 Straight Decades.  Also RT score is up to 78% which ironically is the Audience Score for both "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II".    The Audience Score for "BBIII" has reminded at 97% with over 23,000 reviews which explains the nice 2nd weekend drop, WOM is clearly spreading.  Though it's R-rated, it seems to be having some wide appeal.   Both Bad Boys films had great mutipliers so this one is looking to do the same.  

Image result for bad boys for life gif

BB3L is definitely the (very) best of the trilogy! The layering of the story + action + comedic moments were all very well paced throughout the movie! Add in all the shocking twists and turns, and you've got the perfect recipe for the 1st hit of the year/decade!

Thank fuck Michael Bay didn't direct it, cause we would've definitely had a repeat of BB2, all action with very little substance!

Edited by sfran43

BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

Grosses

DOMESTIC (50.9%)
$148,051,531

It's Official, BB3 is The Highest Grossing of the Trilogy Domestic and Worldwide (Unadjusted) but it should pass that as well.   The Bad Boys Trilogy has now increased domestic and worldwide with each film of the franchise.  

Image result for bad boys will smith martin"

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, DAJK said:

This movie really was (may end up being?) the only 2020 blockbuster from the first 2 quarters at least that didn't feel the effects of the coronavirus. 

Yeah seeing Bond move was huge, this outbreak is probably gonna hurt the box office this year sadly.  I don't see a 200 Million Domestic Grosser for a while either.  "Black Widow" on paper should do it but we don't know how far this outbreak will go.   As of right now "Bad Boys For Life" is the Highest Grossing Film of 2020 Domestically and Worldwide.   Sonic might of gotten the last bit of boost before the outbreak because more people will be avoid public places if this increases.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Yeah seeing Bond move was huge, this outbreak is probably gonna hurt the box office this year sadly.  I don't see a 200 Million Domestic Grosser for a while either.  "Black Widow" on paper should do it but we don't know how far this outbreak will go.   As of right now "Bad Boys For Life" is the Highest Grossing Film of 2020 Domestically and Worldwide.   Sonic might of gotten the last bit of boost before the outbreak because more people will be avoid public places if this increases.  

Highest grossing until May (pending the outbreak.)

"BAD BOYS FOR LIFE" COMING TO VOD (VIDEO ON DEMAND) MARCH 31st.  Due to the unprecedented Health Outbreak happening Worldwide.  "Bad Boys For Life" will be heading to Home Entertainment much sooner than normal.  Sony announces it will release Hit Blockbuster on March 31st.   "Bad Boys For Life" remains the Highest Grossing Film of 2020 Domestically and Worldwide.   Be the 1st to watch it from the comfort of your homes on March 31st.  

Bad Boys for Life poster.jpg

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1