filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

More rats fucking in close up please.

More dead corpses being thrown out of a van.

More violence, more explosions, more bayhem, more 360 shots, more favellas being destroyed into oblivion , more everything.

3 hour cut or nothing.

Thank you very much.

• Like 4

but Bad Boys II wasn't a financial success..I don't get it.

For the Buddy Cop Genre it was a huge success.  Top 10 Worldwide 2003 and Top 11 Domestic.  It's also Top 10 Buddy Cop Genre but both "The Heat" and "22Jump St" knocked it out of the top 10.  Also Will and Micheal Bay are way more Biggest names worldwide than they were 11 years ago.  With overseas markets expanding and putting Will SMith back in an action movie.  The Sky's the Limit for BB3.  I just hope they don't make it PG13 and learn from the EX3 that you must keep your core fanbase happy 1st.  Bad Boys is a Hard Rated R series. That can't change. 

He was talking about its budget and marketing compared to it's gross, what actually matters. BBII also didn't have good legs by industry blockbuster standards around that time.

The legs weren't bad. The film is definitely well received and with the expanding markets, Bad Boys 3 will most likely be a big success. Bad Boys 2 is still quoted to this day.

• Like 2

"Bad Boys II" had almost a 3x mutipler. That's not bad at all for a R rated buddy cop film.  Also both films have done very well on home video all these years later.  I would argue even though both films are considered Blockbusters, they have a Cult-Like following.  The 3rd film prospects are looking good.  It's the release date they have to figure out now. 

"Bad Boys II" had almost a 3x mutipler. That's not bad at all for a R rated buddy cop film.  Also both films have done very well on home video all these years later.  I would argue even though both films are considered Blockbusters, they have a Cult-Like following.  The 3rd film prospects are looking good.  It's the release date they have to figure out now. 

Its PDC1987, he's always hated on Bay films lol. Don't listen to him.

Million years too late.

Lawrence is irrelevant and Smith doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

Agreed. No one from my generation realllllly knows what Bad Boys is, it was big enough to be prevalent but not really big enough to stick.

Well heard about Sony's next move for "Bad Boys III".  It seems Michael Bay may be out as he has two projects slated with "Time Salvager" and a rumored military film about "Bengazi".   Martin is doing some comedy things but his movie schedule is clear.   Will smith is working on "Suicide Squad" now but is being courted for other projects.   Sony is hoping Joe can cook up a quick drift and finally get everyone on board.   I like Joe but I kinda torn on a director change.  Bay created a unique world with is Bad Boy Bayham.  Hopefully if Bay does decide against doing it, he will stay on as producer.  Are we closer? I think so, 2016 is definitely out now.  So 2017 or 2018 looks like the target for Bad Boys III.   If it doesn't happen with in the next 2-3 years, it won't happen. 

If this movie being made means I'll finally get Bad Boys 2 on Bluray it'll be worth it.

Bad Boys 2 in Blu Ray will make me hole.

Along with The Abyss and True Lies.

Edited by The Futurist