filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

The fact Part 4 is coming out 4th of July makes me feel Will definitely signed on.    We know Martin signed on cause he's not doing much else right now besides some Stand Up Shows.   Now as for Bay he hasn't confirmed if he's doing "Transformers 5" also he shot "Bengahzi" really fast.   The fact it's releasing on his birthday has me scratching my head.   Maybe he said OK? They didn't confirm anything but the dates.   But after 5 years of speculating, they released the date which makes me feel they got some confirmation from the parties involved.   

movies_will_smith_career_pictures_2.jpg

badboys3-front.jpg

It's weird BB4 is a 4th of July prime summer slot, and this is a Feb release.

I don't get it.

I do get why they are putting BB3 In February because of lot action films (Safe House, Kingsman: The Secret Service & the upcoming Deadpool) are successful hits in that month. But BB4 on the 4th Of July Weekend???? Makes no sense. Will Smith is no longer Mr 4th And don't be surprised if this moves to July 12th Or July 19th and Marvel Moves Inhumans up to the 4th of July weekend spot Edited by Red-Ops 9

I do get why they are putting BB3 In February because of lot action films (Safe House, Kingsman: The Secret Service & the upcoming Deadpool) are successful hit in that month. But BB4 on the 4th Of July Weekend???? Makes no sense. Will Smith is no longer Mr 4th

And don't be surprised if this moves to July 12 Or July 19th and Marvel Moves Inhumans up to the 4th of July weekend spot

That's what's weird.

Bad Boys 2 was a mega budget tent pole.

I get if they're playing this down into smaller territory...but then the part 4 date says...they're...not?

Reason for my confusion.

That being said, Smith is t what he used to be, but I can see studios not thinking his star power ain't quite dried up yet. I don't think his recent performance is enough to say as much either. He can still deliver if he chooses his projects right. Suicide Squad I think will deliver on old school Smith type grosses.

More rat fucking & morgue set pieces please.

God Bad Boys 2 is a masterpiece of over the top big budget bad taste action.

I hope these movies have mega budgets and live up to that. I loved the scene when they ran over an entire Cuban village with their Hummer and the AMERICA.

I loved it even more when I realized I'd already seen that sequence with less lens flare in Supercop.

• Like 3

Michael Bay is too busy doing projects for Paramount that he may not be able to return for another Bad Boys Sequel if not More Two Films. as for Joe Carnahan he's more of a Michael Bay/Quentin Tarantino stylized type of a director that could pull this off and I Did Love Smokin Aces!!!!

Edited by Red-Ops 9

I think the Feb date is good cause it will have Zero competition.   Also at that point it would have been 14 years since "Bad Boys II" so they want to enter in a soft month.  Once everyone's back on board again it sets up a big slash for 4th of July Big Willie Weekend in 2019.   Also the original Bad Boys came out in April.  Bad Boys II dropped in July.   Ironicially as I said 2/17 is Michael Bay's birthday.  "Bad Boys" was his first film so that's a cool date to come back. 

• Like 2

imdb has Joe Carnahan listed as the director.

I saw that  and he was the last rumored director/writer on it but if he was the confirmed Director they would of just said it.  Something tells me they are still courting Bay.  We are still 18 months out so as long as they start shooting by next summer they should be good so they still have time to see if Bay will do it or not.   

Edited by filmscholar

I think the Feb date is good cause it will have Zero competition.   Also at that point it would have been 14 years since "Bad Boys II" so they want to enter in a soft month.  Once everyone's back on board again it sets up a big slash for 4th of July Big Willie Weekend in 2019.   Also the original Bad Boys came out in April.  Bad Boys II dropped in July.   Ironicially as I said 2/17 is Michael Bay's birthday.  "Bad Boys" was his first film so that's a cool date to come back.

Comeback you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTiKKDm4ASQ

Oh Crap. This film is going up against Maze Runner: The Death Cure on the same day

An R-rated action tentpole isn't going to be particularly affected by a PG-13 teen thriller. One will target those in their 30s and 40s, the other will target those under the age of 25.

They can both coexist just fine. 

• Like 1

An R-rated action tentpole isn't going to be particularly affected by a PG-13 teen thriller. One will target those in their 30s and 40s, the other will target those under the age of 25.

They can both coexist just fine.

I Know That. It's just I'm surprise that is going to happen on the very same day