filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Winter's Tale and After Earth - 2013Hancock 2 - 2014Bad Boys III - 2015Wow, Smith is really going to be going to work after that 4 year break. We might see another 8 100 Million Dollar streak again.

He/we need it for sure. Don't forget Uptown Saturday Night with DZ.

If there was a Lethal Weapon 4, Die Hard 4, Indy 4, Rambo 4, Rocky 6 when everyone in those guys was pretty old. Bad Boys 3 when Will and Martin are mid-40's would be spring chickens in comparison. But Martin does need to lose some weight cause he was pretty big in Part 2 and that was 9 years ago. I'm sure a "New Bad Boy" will be introduced to the team to get the younger audience. I think it should be Derrick Luke or Tyrese.

yeah i was going to say if stallone, schrawzenegger, and etc can do it, they can, but your martin does need to slim down, and yeah i have a feeling they have a younger character that theyll have to keep under control

Winter's Tale and After Earth - 2013

Hancock 2 - 2014

Bad Boys III - 2015

Wow, Smith is really going to be going to work after that 4 year break. We might see another 8 100 Million Dollar streak again. As a huge fan of the original and with effects today, I would really like a "ID4-2" but I think they might have waiting to long. Here's another interview where Smith says BB3 and HC2 are on the way but ID4-2 and I am legend 2 are not:

http://collider.com/...terview/165980/

Any update on Independence Day 2,Bad Boys 3,I Am Legend 2 and Hancock 2

He says no, yes, no and yes. Meaning the two that might be going are Bad Boys 3 and Hancock 2

Smith is a disaster because of his own success. Whenever the guy talks it's always about money. It's never about good films or a dream project he wants to work on, it's always about money. He said when he was young he would watch Dallas, the TV show, and they had a ranch called Southfork. He said that appealed to him because it showed how much money the Ewing family had. He now has a name for his estate too, I forget what it is.

He won't do ID4 the sequel because he wants 50 mill plus % points of the film. All he's doing now a days are sequels where he gets huge amounts of money. Everyone knows he's the biggest star on the planet, does every film have to be a 30 million dollar paycheck now?

The rumour as to why he didn't do Django was because of money.

The guy has more money than he knows what to do with, why must every project be about how much he can make? Smith used to someone I kind of admired, but this quest for as much as he can hoarde is ridiculous.

• Like 3

Smith is a disaster because of his own success. Whenever the guy talks it's always about money. It's never about good films or a dream project he wants to work on, it's always about money. He said when he was young he would watch Dallas, the TV show, and they had a ranch called Southfork. He said that appealed to him because it showed how much money the Ewing family had. He now has a name for his estate too, I forget what it is.

He won't do ID4 the sequel because he wants 50 mill plus % points of the film. All he's doing now a days are sequels where he gets huge amounts of money. Everyone knows he's the biggest star on the planet, does every film have to be a 30 million dollar paycheck now?

The rumour as to why he didn't do Django was because of money.

The guy has more money than he knows what to do with, why must every project be about how much he can make? Smith used to someone I kind of admired, but this quest for as much as he can hoarde is ridiculous.

I agree B that Will is going to need to take more risk artistically going forward with this career. Django could of been money and also controversy cause of the subject matter but he obviously didn't want that to be his comeback film so he went with MIB 3 which was a safe landing. But overall I hope Will does more artistic stuff, I hope this is the last of his sequels after Hancock and Bad Boys. "After Earth" is a step in the right direction as far as doing a non-sequel. As for Bad Boys sequel here's what RT fans think of the series:

Will Smith's BEST MOVIES according to RT FANS:

1. The Pursuit of Happyness -- 88%

2. Bad Boys II -- 80%

3. Bad Boys -- 79%

4. Seven Pounds -- 77%

5. Enemy of the State -- 76%

6. Independence Day -- 75%

7. Men in Black -- 73%

8. I, Robot -- 73%

9. Where the Day Takes You -- 72%

10. I Am Legend -- 69%

Like I saying, forget the critics, THE FANS love the "Bad Boys" franchise, Part III would be huge.

Edited by filmscholar

I agree B that Will is going to need to take more risk artistically going forward with this career. Django could of been money and also controversy cause of the subject matter but he obviously didn't want that to be his comeback film so he went with MIB 3 which was a safe landing. But overall I hope Will does more artistic stuff, I hope this is the last of his sequels after Hancock and Bad Boys. "After Earth" is a step in the right direction as far as doing a non-sequel. As for Bad Boys sequel here's what RT fans think of the series:

Here's a great quote from Smith from 1993:on refusing to kiss Anthony Michael Hall in Six Degrees of Separation (1993)] It was very immature on my part. I was thinking, 'How are my friends in Philly going to think about this?' I wasn't emotionally stable enough to artistically commit to that aspect of the film. In a movie with actors and a director and writer of this caliber, for me to be the one bringing something cheesy to it... This was a valuable lesson for me. Either you do it or you don't.It seems that he hasn't learned his lesson to think outside of the box if he is turning down roles like the one in Django.

Bad Boys is one of my faves. Michael Bay and WS and ML knocked it out of the park. I also loved most of his films. But it doesn't change the fact that he's not doing a lot of risky things.

FINALLY someone gets that Will Smith is not an artist but merely an entertainer and a businessman wtg baumer Is Hancock 2 really going to happen ? you guys are talking about it like its a sure thing ... if it really is then Smith and his family will not get a single dime out of me regardless of the project they participate in

FINALLYsomeone gets that Will Smith is not an artist but merely an entertainer and a businessmanwtg baumerIs Hancock 2 really going to happen ? you guys are talking about it like its a sure thing ... if it really is then Smith and his family will not get a single dime out of me regardless of the project they participate in

Actually Will is an artist. He was a rapper/musician 1st than he got into acting with Television and now film. He conquered the 3 art forms right there (Music/Television/Film). But because of his success he has a microscope over his career. If Will Flops, it's Big News. When certain other actors flops, not as big news. So he does have to be strategic about the roles he chooses. He's not different than other Big Hollywood stars that do it.

Actually Will is an artist. He was a rapper/musician 1st than he got into acting with Television and now film. He conquered the 3 art forms right there (Music/Television/Film). But because of his success he has a microscope over his career. If Will Flops, it's Big News. When certain other actors flops, not as big news. So he does have to be strategic about the roles he chooses. He's not different than other Big Hollywood stars that do it.

well, said. . i can't imagine the stress. they are responsible not only for their career, but thousands of jobs. "with great success comes great responsibility" look at johnny depp..his last films didn;t do too great and people are already saying he's a flop. lol imagine if the lone ranger doesn't deliver.... but in a way they put themselves in this position...only going after big budget movies. it's a machine...you can't really stop it. i'm sure the studios beg him for another pirates...lol. can he say "NO"? these people helped him make his career. it's tricky Edited by kyky

well, said. . i can't imagine the stress. they are responsible not only for their career, but thousands of jobs. "with great success comes great responsibility" look at johnny depp..his last films didn;t do too great and people are already saying he's a flop. lol imagine if the lone ranger doesn't deliver.... but in a way they put themselves in this position...only going after big budget movies. it's a machine...you can't really stop it. i'm sure the studios beg him for another pirates...lol. can he say "NO"? these people helped him make his career. it's tricky

Yes, it must be very stressful choosing what film and the 20 million dollar paycheck to do next. It must be very stressful deciding if he should spend the day in Oslo, Banff, Canberra, Beijing or Jakarta. It also must be very stressful for him deciding where him and his family will eat tonight? And with whom? Bill Clinton. Madonna, Sylvester Stallone? The Prime Minister of England. Yes, a very stressful life Will must lead.If I could give you an unlike for your post I would.

I loved the Bad Boys flicks thus far. I just hope, that not only Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are signing up, but Joey Pants as well, because I think it's all three of these guys that made the films, along with ridiculously over the top car chases!

• Like 1

Smith is a disaster because of his own success. Whenever the guy talks it's always about money. It's never about good films or a dream project he wants to work on, it's always about money. He said when he was young he would watch Dallas, the TV show, and they had a ranch called Southfork. He said that appealed to him because it showed how much money the Ewing family had. He now has a name for his estate too, I forget what it is.He won't do ID4 the sequel because he wants 50 mill plus % points of the film. All he's doing now a days are sequels where he gets huge amounts of money. Everyone knows he's the biggest star on the planet, does every film have to be a 30 million dollar paycheck now? The rumour as to why he didn't do Django was because of money.The guy has more money than he knows what to do with, why must every project be about how much he can make? Smith used to someone I kind of admired, but this quest for as much as he can hoarde is ridiculous.

Whoring out his kids so they can generate more money is the pinnacle of all this.
  • Like 1

You're only an artist if you care about the art, Will doesn't. His music catalog is abysmal phoned-in lightweight nonsense, and he knows it.

Yes, it must be very stressful choosing what film and the 20 million dollar paycheck to do next. It must be very stressful deciding if he should spend the day in Oslo, Banff, Canberra, Beijing or Jakarta. It also must be very stressful for him deciding where him and his family will eat tonight? And with whom? Bill Clinton. Madonna, Sylvester Stallone? The Prime Minister of England. Yes, a very stressful life Will must lead.If I could give you an unlike for your post I would.

lol i really don;t agree baumer. imagine a kid in africa (cliche example i know) when he hears that you have what to eat tonight, have a laptop, a washing machine etc that kid says "well, why is baumer so stressed? he has all these wonderful things and opportunities and i have nothing to eat today". . i'm sure you have your bad days just like johnny depp and WS. for them eating at a fancy restaurant probably means nothing just like you having dinner on your table tonight is a normal thing. but what about that kid in africa? it's all relative. the higher up you the more of a stressful life you lead. just my opinion