filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Wasn't it the opposite? It developed a cult following years later for being so unapologetically turned up to 11? I know Tarantino and Edger Wright are fans, amongst others...

I dont know, it was very popular back in the day as it was batshit crazy and fun but obviously critics weren't too fond of 'dead titties'

Edgar made a bad boys reference in hot fuzz.  The 'you aint seen bad boys 2' was a common expression in england when it was released, hot fuzz decided to have a play on it. If anything i'd say it became a cult movie pretty early on then faded away in time

I’m a huge fan of bad boys 2. Lot of good action and humor in it. I especially liked the highway chase scene with the boat, and the revolving camera shootout at Haitians hideout. The soundtrack is awesome too. Remember bumping Shake Ya Tailfeather all summer long in ‘03. Catchy song.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I’m a huge fan of bad boys 2. Lot of good action and humor in it. I especially liked the highway chase scene with the boat, and the revolving camera shootout at Haitians hideout. The soundtrack is awesome too. Remember bumping Shake Ya Tailfeather all summer long in ‘03. Catchy song.

Yeah that car chase is still one of the greatest car chases put to film, screw Fury Road

Bad Boys 2 is more daring, punk & rebel than anything released in 2019.

Not very hard though, I admit.

Showing you have a pair of balls dangling between your legs is hate speech now I heard.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

Surprising start. I'm hoping it stays above 70%. Looks like getting rid of Michael Bay was a smart idea for this franchise. Even though the first one was great

Interesting how the RT-ratings are for these movies.

BB1 had 42%, BB2 had 23%...and now BB3 is currently landing around mid/high 70%.

Guess the Michael Bay curse didn’t badly affect this film after all.

The Critics are surprising me, they are actually judging the movie for what it is.  An Action Buddy Cop film.   Very happy with the reviews thus far.  "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" aren't critical darlings but Audiences loved both.    Let's see how the previews do tomorrow night.  I'll probably hit up the 1st show but I have to get tickets today.  

Hahahahaha, so what is the conclusion?

Kick Bay out - and everything will be fine! :)

I would actually believe that one. As much as I hate the critics - I hate Bay more. Such a dumb ugly fuck - with barely a good movie at all. Good thing for him is there's an unending supply of adolescent or sub-intelligent males who fall for such movies. But that's where the Fast & Furious movies took the cake, even worse than Bay.

So, now that I know that Bay was kicked out like a dog - I am definitely seeing this movie. Will Smith has deserved it - with Aladdin alone.

In fact, I'm seeing it right NOW! There's a Wednesday night IMAX! preliminary showing, that costs twice as much as a normal one. The Shay is rich, I'll call my driver and go see it right now.

Edited by shayhiri

I liked the Michael Bay movies a lot! Haven’t seen them in a while would like to rewatch them soon since I haven’t seen them since my teens. One of Michael Bay’s better movies in my opinion. 

this I will say the first trailer to do this sucked. But now the advertising for this bumped it up big time! I’m excited to seeing this! I hope it does well at the box office. 

• Like 2

Reading up on the directors on this movie has me a little intrigued. Belgium born, Muslim Moroccan background pairing that have had some indie success, but that seem like they really wanted to play around in a big budget action movie like this. If they can deliver a hit from this, when so many other franchises being dug up from the same era are flopping, they should have some interesting opportunities ahead of them. 

Being with Sony on this one, I wonder if they're the next to get slotted into Uncharted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vafrow said:

Reading up on the directors on this movie has me a little intrigued. Belgium born, Muslim Moroccan background pairing that have had some indie success, but that seem like they really wanted to play around in a big budget action movie like this. If they can deliver a hit from this, when so many other franchises being dug up from the same era are flopping, they should have some interesting opportunities ahead of them. 

Being with Sony on this one, I wonder if they're the next to get slotted into Uncharted. 

I myself appreciate they tried to keep things practical for the most part. Obviously the bit where the helicopter crashes is CGI. I guess it's just a logistical thing.

Anyway, I'm just trying to fathom this world where a new Bad Boys movie gets better reviews than a new Star Wars movie.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JWR said:

So, how much do these reviews change in terms of this movie's prospects at the box office?

I'd say a fair bit. If you were on the fence, it probably pushes you to try it. If the reviews translates to positive user reviews, then word of mouth kicks in. 

Bad reviews, and it probably comes in with low 30s 4 day, and a low two multiplier. Good review may take it to 40+,and push the multiple closer to 3. 

• Like 1