filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

It seems the script has been the biggest issue.  They hired Peter Craig (Sally Field's son) at 1st but his plate got full with "Mocking Jay 1 and 2" he couldn't crack it but I'm sure he turned in a draft.  David is a good choice, I loved the pace of "Safe House" but his plate may be full.  The bottom line is again the script is holding up the movie so 2015 isn't happening for sure.  Michael Bay plate is now empty now that he's done with Transformers 4.  Will has ID4 II possibly and a few other sequels in the pipeline.  If a screenplay can get done in the next 6 months and approved we could get into full swing on pre-production by the end of 2014, shoot sometime in 2015/2016.  We could be looking at a 2016 or 2017 release for BBIII.  The only way I see this coming quicker is if Jerry B. fast tracks this now that he's parting ways with Disney after this last Pirates film.  But they need to finish the trilogy strong and this will definitely be the last one.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Jerry Bruckheimer talks Bad Boys 3 and National Treasure 3

It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [smith] is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, ‘Well, maybe it’s not the time for this.’ And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they’re all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It’s just trying to get everybody together to make it. But, we’re working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we’ll do it.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

It seems the screenplay is holding this up. Will plate is always full so he can keep makin movies. Same with Bay. Martin can also get work. I still think they could make summer 16. But im leaning towards 2017. JB is right. It's about timing but it will happen but will probably be the last film of the frachiese these guy schedule s r all over the place.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Right now i'm thinking Summer of 2017.  2016 is 2 years from now, they may not have enough time unless they film next year but I think 2016 is still on the table.  But as I've been saying.  The SCREENPLAY has held this up.  Will and Martin must agree on the story first.  According to Jerry they only have an outline now.  They hired their 1st screenwriter in 2009.  The movie has been in development for the last 5+ years.  This is the closet we've been to going to production.  It's clear "Bad Boys III" is Bay's next project.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1