filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Who needs an awful Michael Bay's sequel?The second one is not even a hit: only 273 million worldwide, with 130 million budget. Probably Sony lost money.

Bad Boys II did very well, it was "R-rated" and it was a Top 10 highest grossing movie of 2003 The Year of The Matrix Sequels and Return of the King as well as Finding Nemo.  "Bad Boys III" with Will and Martin teaming up again with Bay and the hype that this will close out the Trilogy it will increase domestic and worldwide.  This series is a very popular franchise on TV and home video.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

BB2 is the only Bay film I didn't like at all.

If they are going to do a third, Lawrence needs to find Carrie Fisher's weight loss coach.

• Like 2

Who needs an awful Michael Bay's sequel?The second one is not even a hit: only 273 million worldwide, with 130 million budget. Probably Sony lost money.

Jerry Bruckheimer. The man has not had a bona fide hit since National Treasure 2. Will Smith is also due for a hit after the disastrous performance of After Earth last year. If it wasn't for Bay's obligations to the Transformers franchise, I'm guessing it would have happened already.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine with it being one of those long-talked-about projects that never actually gets off the ground. The first Bad Boys is decent enough, but the sequel is handily the worst thing that Michael Bay has ever made.

• Like 1

Bay boys 2 was loved by most, a 3rd movie would do well financially, they should do it.

Nah, at least BB2 had a semi coherent plot and had 2 pretty charismatic likeable guys leading it. ROTF was just a clusterfuck with no redeeming qualities.

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 1

Bad Boys 3 would put Will Smith front and center in an action film for the first time in awhile. That will bring interest alone I'd think.

I don't think After Earth really counts. Men in Black 3('12) will have been a few years removed if BB3 comes out '16/17, that's 4-5yrs since Smith was seen as the action man that really kicked up his career in the 90's. 

• Like 1

Posted Image

4/7/95-4/7/14 = 19 YEARS LATER

Posted Image

7/18/03-7/18/14 = 11 YEARS LATER

If it comes out 2016 than it's 21 years from the original, 13 Years from the Sequels.  2017 is 22 Years from the original and 14 Years from the sequel.  Amazing.  It will surpass "The Godfather" as longest amount of years to complete a trilogy, lol. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

I'd be shocked if Will Smith agreed to do this.

I wouldn't. After Earth was a huge bomb, and his stock has fallen quite a way from where it was in the mid-to-late-2000s, when there was no surer bet as far as star power was concerned.

Really, Bay is the only one of the big four players involved with the franchise who doesn't need a hit right now.

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if Will Smith agreed to do this.

Will has been very vocal about finishing the trilogy.  If he finished "Men in Black" trilogy than he most def will probably finish this.  I think only "Hancock 2" is on the table as far as sequels.   He's out of the "Independence Day" sequel. 

Posted Image

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

LMAO at Smith only getting second billing on the Bad Boys 2 poster.

So what's the odds that Smith will drag his awful kid into this movie too?

Martin was a bigger star in 95 as far as being in Movies at that point.  That's why he got Top Billing.  When Part II rolled around they both got co-top billing but Martin name was still 1st out of respect.  Rumors are they both got huge paydays for Bad Boys II and Martin Salary was larger due to Will's salary increasing. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1