filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

What was the last movie Martin Lawrence was even in, anyway? The Death at a Funeral remake?

Actually Martin's last movie was "Big Momma' House III" back in 2011 so it's been 3 years.  If Will can finish the Men in Black Trilogy and Marin the Big Momma trilogy then they both have no excuse to finish the Bad Boys Trilogy. He's working on a TV show now with Kelsey Grammer called "Partners".  As you all know Martin had the Legendary sitcom "Martin" and Kelsey was in both Legendary Sitcoms "Cheers" and "Frazier".  Martin has lost a lot of weight too, here's a recent photo.   Kelsey was in TF4 so they both have worked with Bay:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Here's another Promo shot of Martin's new show:

Posted Image

As far as What's on Bay's and Will's plate.  Obviously Bay said he was done with "Transformers" but that really means he wants a break.  He could very well direct TF5.  Will Smith already finished the romantic comedy "Focus" which comes out in February.  He was rumored to be in talks for an NFL Concussion Drama also.  "Hancock 2" is also in the table for Will.  

• Like 1

Posted Image

I always viewed this as a possible Easter egg.  In "Transformers 2" when Sam was going crazy, he starts to paint all over his room.  Well there was a "Bad Boys II" poster hanging on his wall. He goes over it and write "I I I" strikes that resemble the #3 or roman numeral III. 

• Like 4

Love how now it's going to be a Bad Boy's film in the last 3 decades:

Bad Boys = 90's

Bad Boys II = 00's

Bad Boys III = 10's

Also I really hope Mark Mancina returns and does the score.  His score for the 1st film was amazing.  It was like the "Speed" score but even better:

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtVMokTfBl4

• Like 1

Martin post on his facebook that it's time for him and Will to make Bad Boys III:

11 years ago today, Bad Boys II was released in theaters. Feelin’ it’s about time for number 3… what do you think Will Smith?

Posted Image

Is Will going to do it? Lately, it seems his ego is so inflated, that if either he or one of his family members is not the sole main character in the movie, he's snubbing his nose at it. And I hate saying this, because for the longest time, he was my number one favorite actor. Everything he did, I gone and seen in the movies.

• Like 2

Is Will going to do it? Lately, it seems his ego is so inflated, that if either he or one of his family members is not the sole main character in the movie, he's snubbing his nose at it. And I hate saying this, because for the longest time, he was my number one favorite actor. Everything he did, I gone and seen in the movies.

Will WILL do it cause he loves the Franchise and it's a lock it will be a blockbuster hit with Michael Bay directing and him and Martin coming back.  Will is actually in Ibiza, Spain right now on Vacation.  He posted this on his Facebook:

Posted Image

• Like 2

Looks like the fans have spoken.  Martin Lawerence's Facebook page post on the 11th Anniversary of the release of "Bad Boys II" said it was time for him and Will to get back for "Bad Boys III".  Well that post now has over 1 Million Likes and 50k comments which is a nice social media response in less than 24 hours.  It's clear the fans want this Trilogy to end.  I'm think 2016 is very doable now.  They'd go into production next year.  Late July again or August 2016 would be good for this. Also a Late June could work as Will is very bankable 4th of July weekend.  But This post getting a Million Likes is crazy:

Posted Image

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Shit just got real is an epic line.Also one of the funniest lines in all of Michael Bay's repertoire. We just blew up half of Miami and murdered like a million Haitian thugs...but...NOW...shit just got real? Not when the fucking yacht rammed through a windshield?I love you Bad Boys 2.Now where's my fucking Bluray?!?

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

Could we be looking at $200 million? 

"Bad Boys" adjust to about 130 Million today and "Bad Boys II" adjust to about 180.  I think 200 Million domestic is very doable for "Bad Boys III".  I also think a worldwide boost can give it a "Fast Five" type of run past 500 maybe even 600 Worldwide. 

• Like 2

http://www.slashfilm.com/bad-boys-3/

Conan asked Martin Lawrence if a Bad Boys 3 will happen, which Martin responded:

“I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said its real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good.” 

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said in April that Bad Boys 3 was a victim of bad timing:

It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [smith] is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, ‘Well, maybe it’s not the time for this.’ And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they’re all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It’s just trying to get everybody together to make it. But, we’re working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we’ll do it. 

Fans have been asking for a third Bad Boys film for a while now. At the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, Will Smith told Hollyscoop that he had an idea for Bad Boys 3, but added that “Michael (Bay) is too expensive now. He’s way too expensive.” And that is the big hurdle — getting the cash to bring back Will Smith, who has since exploded into a megastar, Bruckheimer, who never comes cheap, and Bay, who is now use to collecting percentages of toy merchandise Lucas-style. But now that Michael Bay may be passing the Transformers franchise to a new director with the inevitable fifth film, its possible he’s involved once again.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2