filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

I would love for this to happen. I really want a Bad Boys III with the original cast and crew (including Bay of course). That said if any one of those factors were not involved, my excitement would fade quickly.

Ok let's look at the timetable.  If they can get a script done by the end of this year.  They can shoot Summer of 2015 (20th Anniversary of the original) and the Movie can come out 2016.  But when? The 1st one came out in April.  The 2nd in July.  Maybe April 2016 won't be that bad after what "Fast and Furious" and "Cap 2" did in that month.  But Summer 2016 is going to be crowded but there's space. 

Edited by filmscholar

Yes!  I wouldn't mind someone other than Michael Bay taking a stab at it.

There's rumors that Michael Bay won't be Directing "Transformers 5".  I had a feeling "Bad Boys III" was next mainly cause it's the 20th Anniversary of the original and Michael Bay's 1st movie.  Timing like Jerry said has always been the problem.  Now Bay, Will and Martin's calendar's are aligning for this to finally get done.  

• Like 1

There's rumors that Michael Bay won't be Directing "Transformers 5".  I had a feeling "Bad Boys III" was next mainly cause it's the 20th Anniversary of the original and Michael Bay's 1st movie.  Timing like Jerry said has always been the problem.  Now Bay, Will and Martin's calendar's are aligning for this to finally get done.  

Not surprising.  Deadline or some other trade rag ran a story a couple of years ago about Transformers 5.  Michael Bay really wanted to walk away from the Transformers franchise after Transformers 3.  Paramount agreed to finance his passion project (Pain and Gain) if he would help kick off the Transformers reboot.  The agreement was that he would do Transformers 4 and get to make Pain and Gain and someone else would direct Transformers 5.  Obviously Bay could be convinced to make Transformers 5 but I'm not surprised if this is his final one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/14/transformers-4-director-date-set

http://deadline.com/2013/04/michael-bays-pain-gain-750k-late-night-484459/

• Like 1

If Will Smith can't return for Independence Day 2 then what the chances of him coming back for Bad Boys 3?

Roland Emmerich disrespected Will talking about "He's too Big for the movie" and they made a screenplay without him but cause of public pressure they tried to do a script with him.  It was handled horribly.  I don't blame Will for saying no.  Don't get me wrong I wanted Will in ID4-2 so bad, it would of been Epic but I blame Roland for even thinking of doing a concept without Will.  That should of never been on the table.   "Bad Boys" is what made Will Smith a Blockbuster movie star.  He would never say No to Michael Bay and one of his best and closet friends Martin Lawrence. 

Roland Emmerich disrespected Will talking about "He's too Big for the movie" and they made a screenplay without him but cause of public pressure they tried to do a script with him.  It was handled horribly.  I don't blame Will for saying no.  Don't get me wrong I wanted Will in ID4-2 so bad, it would of been Epic but I blame Roland for even thinking of doing a concept without Will.  That should of never been on the table.   "Bad Boys" is what made Will Smith a Blockbuster movie star.  He would never say No to Michael Bay and one of his best and closet friends Martin Lawrence. 

This is funny! Because I watched behind the scenes, and the directors and producers were specific in trying to find actors they believe were at their peak in their careers.

How is that disrespecting him? Assuming Smith is too big to take part in his movie is a massive complement to Will Smith imo.

How is that disrespecting him? Assuming Smith is too big to take part in his movie is a massive complement to Will Smith imo.

There's different ways to handle things and I'm sure Will wasn't to happy with those comments.  How do you make a sequel to one of the Biggest films of the 90's without it's Star.  It wasn't the comment about Will being "Too Big" it was like he didn't even consider bringing Will back until public pressure.   The minute he even thought he was going to do a sequel to ID4, Will should of been on speed dial and in the process from the beginning.  Obviously "Bad Boys" was the springboard to Will's Historic Blockbuster Career but it was "Independence Day" that took him to the Stars literally:

Posted Image