filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

14 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

well, i dont think pitt was ever a big bo draw (and killing them sofly, allied, the counselor etc prove this)

and i still dont get it, tom cruise has been making the same tired action movies for 20 years and they still smash in the box office

Look at Cruise director list in those, Cruise brought a minimum level of quality and effort, audience like Cruise movies much more than Cruise (at least domestic audience) in the last 10 year's.

As for Pitt not being a box office draw, I mean come-on he was for a while up there has the possible biggest oversea.

A movie like Burn after reading did over 100m oversea !!

From 1994 to Fury in 2014, Pitt had 12 movies than made over 200m

How can someone look at this:

http://www.the-numbers.com/person/730401-Brad-Pitt#tab=acting

And doubt if he was ever a draw in is prime ?

He is not what he used to be obviously, but from Interview with an vampire making 223m to the 486 million top 5 in the world Mr And Mrs Smith (and because of an huge opening weekend, not great movie having great legs stuff) and the 530 million WWZ he was obviously a huge box office draw worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingp0va said:

it wasnt but still much better than collateral beauty or concussion

Not that obvious, Jack Reacher 2 was a 96 gross budget movie from a giant book franchise that should be an easy sell that made 58m dbo/103m intl.

Collateral beauty probably costed around half of that and made 31m dbo / 57.4 m intl, more than half of Jack Reacher 2, still advantage Reacher but it was a much easier sell has a franchise movie.

Edited by Barnack

http://deadline.com/2018/05/bad-boys-for-life-will-smith-martin-lawrence-tom-hanks-you-are-my-friend-release-dates-sony-1202386904/

Sony Pictures Entertainment has just dated two of its more high-profile films. The first is Bad Boys for Life, the action comedy directed by Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah that reunites the team of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence with Jerry Bruckheimer for another round of action. That one has been slated for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend on Jan. 17, 2020.

Just now, Slambros said:

It really irritates me when films are stuck in development hell. At least now, the film will be made, so the tension is released, and those involved can go on to do something else.

Agreed. they can move on to something else like Bad Boys 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2017 at 5:40 AM, Barnack said:

Look at Cruise director list in those, Cruise brought a minimum level of quality and effort, audience like Cruise movies much more than Cruise (at least domestic audience) in the last 10 year's.

As for Pitt not being a box office draw, I mean come-on he was for a while up there has the possible biggest oversea.

A movie like Burn after reading did over 100m oversea !!

From 1994 to Fury in 2014, Pitt had 12 movies than made over 200m

How can someone look at this:

http://www.the-numbers.com/person/730401-Brad-Pitt#tab=acting

And doubt if he was ever a draw in is prime ?

He is not what he used to be obviously, but from Interview with an vampire making 223m to the 486 million top 5 in the world Mr And Mrs Smith (and because of an huge opening weekend, not great movie having great legs stuff) and the 530 million WWZ he was obviously a huge box office draw worldwide.

Burn After Reading had George Clooney as well...so i suppose that would have increased the weight-age for the movie :thinking:

On 5/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, Slambros said:

It really irritates me when films are stuck in development hell. At least now, the film will be made, so the tension is released, and those involved can go on to do something else.

ORLY?  😁   ::crickets::