filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

On 1/12/2020 at 6:13 PM, Eric Dolittle said:

To be fair, Erik Davis likes everything

You're right, but still lol, I'm enthused!

Also enthused by your musings in the tracking thread that this could hit $40M 3-day. That would be a pleasant surprise indeed!

A lot better than I expected. I think it should have a really good opening weekend. With two breakouts this Jan, I think this year is off to a better start than last year. I think we should see more smaller breakout films throught the year compared to last year (where most of the breakout hits released in the second half of the year)

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gotta say the reviews for this are much better than I expected they would be. Pleasant surprise. This will be the first 2020 movie I'll check out.

Who could have expected a Bad Boys movie to get a fresh rating? 😆

Now I’m definitely checking this out as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curtis1986 said:

Surprising start. I'm hoping it stays above 70%. Looks like getting rid of Michael Bay was a smart idea for this franchise. Even though the first one was great

I doubt this movie gets anywhere close to the absurdity of the 2nd film (which I also think is better than the first one) and I doubt there will be anything as brilliant as the KKK shootout. But I guess toning it down worked for critics.

20 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Only watched the second movie once but I recall it being almost unbearable to get through. Like a 2.5 hour hip-hop video... which I appreciate was very much the intent. 

Bad boys 2 was loved at the time though. Its hard to believe as it was pre the Rotten tomatoes era where people actually judged movies by themselves 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Bad boys 2 was loved at the time though. Its hard to believe as it was pre the Rotten tomatoes era where people actually judged movies by themselves 

Wasn't it the opposite? It developed a cult following years later for being so unapologetically turned up to 11? I know Tarantino and Edger Wright are fans, amongst others...

Edited by Hatebox